Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • as i said in post 2 you do not appeal stop reading other forums read the threads here i pointed you too   await the ntk.   dx  
    • Growth in the July to September quarter was weaker than expected, suggesting the recovery is losing steam.View the full article
    • I've also seen it mentioned that the two parts of Ireland becoming closer is concerning HMG.   And that NI still coming under EU rules for trade could be showing that it's better to be in the EU than in Brexit Britain. If people start to think it shows Brexit isn't working, that's going to be a problem for Johnson et al.
    • You won't be able to bring a counterclaim unless you can produce a properly structured assessment of losses or costs or ancillary expenses and you will need to do this by producing at least written assessment et cetera as I have indicated above. Two of them would be much better. A court won't entertain a counterclaim simply based on your own speculation as to your possible costs. I understand very well that your preference would be to write off the entire job including all of the materials that were supplied and for you to recover your outlay for those materials but I think in order to do that you would have to show that you have acquired no value from those materials and once again I think that you would need an expert assessment which explained why the materials were completely wasted and that you would have to start from zero. You can be certain that the claimant will attempt to say that you have received value and in fact that the items which have been supplied or already installed can still be used. I'm afraid that because the attempt to arrange this contract as a cash only agreement inevitably invites the scepticism of the court, I think the court may well be open to consider arguments that the items which have already been supplied are of use to you. If you can get expert confirmation that the supplied materials are now of no use whatsoever, then you will also have to get a quote for uninstalling them and returning them to the claimant. This means that the whole thing is getting even more complicated. I do think that your best interests would be to discuss the matter with your new installer and to see what items which have been already supplied can be used to finish the project – and then to try and deal with the claimant in respect of those on the basis that the case would be withdrawn and everybody would walk away. I think it's time to start abandoning some of this rancour between you because it isn't helping and it won't impress anybody. Don't underestimate the disapproval that will be felt by the court when they get to know about the cash arrangement and this won't be helped by the fact that you then went ahead to try and get receipts. I understand very well that you say that you simply provided money and that in fact you were the purchaser of the items directly from the retailer – but there is no evidence for that and it would be an unusual arrangement and I think the court might express scepticism about that as well. I think we have to bear in mind your credibility in this – and I think that it is rather fragile at the moment. If you came up with a sensible business- like idea about how to put this one to bed and then put it to the claimant and also mention the fact that as he was involved in a cash only transaction, he also might find that he is incurring the displeasure of the court – particularly as he is the claimant, he might feel inclined to try and wrap it all up and bring it to an end. I think the next thing you must do is to get an expert report as I've already suggested above. You will need to do this anyway. If you don't have an expert report then even if you happen to win your argument that there is a breach of contract, the assessment of how much you win will be impossible for the court to decide. The court will absolutely want expert assessments. So you need an assessment as to the work which has been carried out so far and the work needed and costs involved to carry out the job. You need an assessment as to the usability or otherwise of the equipment which has been supplied. At least that for the moment. I don't think it is possible to do much more until you have this information. If you can get the information then we can decide what to do. Obviously I don't know anything about the subject, but I can't imagine that all of the equipment which has been supplied is useless. It could only be useless if you suddenly say that you want an entirely different system of gates – but on that matter, you are bound by your expectation in the contract and you would only be entitled to install a similar system using similar equipment.  
    • I wonder whether part of the UK issue with current NI protocol, is that it is enabling a better trading environment between Ireland and Northern Ireland.     Northern Irish businesses have anticipated import/export issues with Great Britain, so now trade with Ireland or via Ireland.   Apparently reports are that some Northern Irish businesses have seen an increase in trade. It is only businesses that mostly sell British fresh produce that have been affected by border controls  and even then, they could swap to local produce.   Agree that UK Government are using argument with EU as a convenient distraction, but also there must be a worry about increased risk of a united Ireland, as a indirect consequence of Brexit.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Islington Keep issuing Traffic offence in error

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone, 

Living in Solihull, I was quite shocked to receive a PCN from Islington for an offence that I didn't commit. 


The offence involved a vehicle turning left into a 'No Left Turn' road. Now the offence has been caught by camera and on close inspection, the registration number of the vehicle resembles mine but differs by 1 letter! that letter happens to be a the letter 'H'. The camera or the idiot reading the picture has put the letter 'H' down as an 'M' and so this automatically brings my vehicle particulars on the database. 


The offender is persistent and has been committing this offence since last December and I have disputed the contravention seven times now. Each time I call,  Islington input the registration on the contravention and realise that the vehicle does not match the registration number.


I have successfully had all the PCNs cancelled so far, but frankly whenever I try to get the situation resolved from the root cause, Islington council don't have a clue. I just want them to read his registration number correctly so i can stop receiving someone else's PCNs. 


I have just received another one today! 


I have in the past escalated this to the complaints department and the only closure that I got was that the previous PCNs have all been cancelled. 


Is there anything I can do to bring an end to this?


Any help would be appreciated. 







Edited by dx100uk
formatting - no issues
Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to pursue this to the next stage of  Islington's complaints procedure because your Stage 1 complaint has not stopped maladministration by the council.


Islington has a two stage complaints procedure.



Find out more about the complaints process at Islington Council)



It seems to me you are now at the Chief Executive's Complaint stage.  Cancelling previous PCNs  is not a resolution of your complaint if the same error is continuing and you are receiving more PCNs. It is costing you time and money to resolve these every time a new PCN is received and this is stressful for you. You are suffering an injustice because of repeated faults by Islington council. The council's parking department is failing to check the registration number of vehicles accurately, failing to ensure the vehicle make model and colour recorded by DVLA for your vehicle corresponds with the details of the actual offending vehicle (*), and after having been alerted by you of the errors have taken no steps to prevent them happening again . (Get the words 'maladministration', 'error'', 'fault' and  'injustice' into your complaint.)


(*). I am assuming that your vehicle's make/model/colour is different from those of the vehicle in the PCN documents.


If that fails to get things sorted you can take it further to the Local Government Om.budsman [LGO]. Have a look at the LGO site now to see how that works. You won't be able to take it direct to the LGO yet as generally the LGO requires you to have exhausted the council's own complaints procedure first (unless after 12 weeks the council have still not responded to your complaint)


Home - Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...