• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

thereshope! v natwest ****WON****

thereshope!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey thereshope.......... brilliant news about scotts big win isn't it?? Don't worry if you haven't heard anything from them yet........... I know I'm not at your stage yet, but everybody else who seems to get to this stage ends up waiting for ages.

You've posted every step of the way on this thread, so I'm sure you've done everything spot on 100%!!! Stop worrying!!!! Par for the course, you know what they're like. You'll hear something soon.......... and you're going to WIN!!!!! Hold on for a little while longer, and I'm pretty sure you'll be posting something very soon once you hear from them. Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE !

Got Cobblers defence which looks pretty standard TBH.

I want to p[ost it on here but struggling as not very good with techie stuff.

I've scanned the docs and sent them to microsoft word file ok, but I want to delete some of the personal info such as account numbers but it wont let me !

Help please lol !

I'm useless. It's either I manage to delete the personal stuff and post the defence as an attachment or i'm going to have to type all the defence out,which I dont fancy !

Can someone please tell me what to do !!!:-?

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

Hi thereshope,

Have you got photoshop? It is a lot easier to adjust scanned files using that.

If not, you can send the whole thing to me, just pm me and I'll send you my email address. I'd be happy to do it for you and email sensored one right back at ya. Let me know.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Thanks Muggins:)

Going to pm ya !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Thanks Muggins:)

Going to pm ya !

Email address ent and await your instruction;)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Update:)

Recieved copy of defence and AQ from the court this morning . I have until 8th May to get it to the court.

I will hopefully be posting a copy of my defence later today,with help from muggins !

I cant edit the scanned image on my pc so muggins has kindly offered to help me so I dont put my personal details out for every bod to see !

I feel that its really getting started now !

Hope XX

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

In regards to the AQ

See here:

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

You could also propose a Draft Directions Order:

New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

Other Information - Section G:

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track.

This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end, not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an end to much of the litigation in progress against other high-street banks.

It's a bit of squeeze, but very important you enter all the details.

Include copy of schedule

Cheque to HM Courts Service

Fee will be added automatically to your claim

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Update:)

Recieved copy of defence and AQ from the court this morning . I have until 8th May to get it to the court.

I will hopefully be posting a copy of my defence later today,with help from muggins !

I cant edit the scanned image on my pc so muggins has kindly offered to help me so I dont put my personal details out for every bod to see !

I feel that its really getting started now !

Hope XX

The defence cobblers have sent is the normal loada cods wollop, so no worries there:lol:

Follow 'the plan' as per response to pm and fill in your AQ using the links good 'ole deller has so kindly provided you with.

You will soon see the light at the end of the tunnel, ama is defeinately comin' home, hun;)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Arghhhhhh !

Feel like pulling my hair out !

Computer says noooo...

It wont let me paste my defence in,damn thing.

MUGGS !!! HELP !!!:???:

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Thanks for the great link deller:D

Milly,feeling better than what I did thanks hun:)

Nearly forgot my manners there !

Computer driving me potty lol.

Need to get my defence out here for all you peeps to see and it wont let me paste it:mad:

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Ta -dah !!!

Here it is !

The defence from NW which I have been struggling to post cos I dont know what I'm doing !

Big,huge ,massive thanks to my mate Bill-K,who has helped me out of self dug holes so many times already !

Bill heard me hollering earlier and emailed me offering to help !

Feel free to comment on nw defence .Muggs thinks,as do I ,that it is the usual cobblers so nothing to worry about !;)

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

oo -err !

Not sure what i've done but sure dont look pretty lol !!!:grin:

Please bear with me, its not your eyes !

The text does appear to change size somewhat !

As far as I can tell all the writing is on save for the odd letter at the end of the sentences.For some reason unknown to myself,when I scanned the docs they looked all squashed up and I wasnt able to edit and make them pleasing to the eye !

cobbetts1a.jpg

cobbetts2a.jpg

cobbetts3a.jpg

cobbetts4a.jpg

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Looks like normal Cobblers from Cobblers. As long as you have sent your charge spread sheet to the court and Cobblers, sit back and wait for the court to send you your AQ and further directions. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I havent re-sent the charges spreadsheet since filing N1 . Should I have sent a further copy or are you referring to the copy that was sent with N1 to Natwest ?

I havent actually sent one to cobblers,I think ?

Have i missed it out !:eek:

Please say I havent !

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Calm down . Just send another one to Cobblers. They will almost certainly have one.

Send guaranteed next day delivery. So you have proof of receipt.. Nothing to worry about. Wait for the court to give directions to you. Good luck.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks Parky :)

Do I need to re-do spreadsheet with todays date or is it the one I used when filing N1 ?

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Send the spreadsheet as it was on the date you filed your N1.

Cheers Della. Quick on the draw as usual. :)

Thanks Deller and Parky:)

I'm sure that they've got a copy ,as they mention the contractual interest rates that are shown in my spreadsheet.

Ok ,I will send a copy as was on the N1.

Should I send anything else to cobbetts,like an acknowledgement letter(to be polite;) )

I've also had a look at the thread that you linked Deller,and I am considering sending the Draft Directions Order.

Are there any cons as opposed to pros with doing this ?

Obviously it will speed the process up,but what are the negatives ,if any ?

One other question.When I send the AQ back, do I just send it to the court,or do i send copies to Cobbetts too ?

Thanks for your patience:D

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Sorry hope,

Haven't been round for a couple of days, family things and all that bother.

Looks as though you've got it sorted.

As for AQ, send it to the court and cobblers and keep one copy for yourself, of course. Not sure on cons regarding DDO, as I haven't had the pleasure in using it as yet, although I haven't come across anything bad about doing it yet.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

You mean you have a life outside the CAG muggs:o How can that be !

You must be an uber quick multi-tasker,cos everything is suffering in my house,I cant even find the time to vac up at the moment !

Seriously,no need to apologise hun :)

Ok ,before I pop the bits and pieces in an envelope,can someone just confirm that I havent missed any thing please ?

3 copies made of each of the following

completed AQ

SECTION G-other information that has been attached to the AQ

Draft Order for Directions

Spreadsheet.

I will also compose a short letter to Cobbets acknowledging their acknowledgment and will attach a copy of the above documents for their records.

Is that it for now ?

Am I right in thinking that I just wait for the courts directions ?

What happens if I dont hear anything from the court in the next 14 days as it states in the Draft Order for Directions that I will send copies of all my statements,court bundle etc within 14 days of service.

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Please ?

Is there any body there !!!!!:-D

Can some one have a little look at the post above and confirm if I've got everything covered please ?

I need to get this to the court before 11am

Thanks

Hope x

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

You seem to have everything in order Hope. It will be a case of waiting for directions from the court as you've stated, if you havn't heard anything towards the end of the 14 days then give the court a call to see what the situation is.

• Haha 1

Morning Deller:)

Thanks for popping by and answering my questions, feel confident to carry on now.

Cheers

Hope x

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07