• Tweets

• Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

thereshope! v natwest ****WON****

thereshope!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What for stating the truth ? Nattie and i get on very well. We have one major difference of opinion. He likes Nat West and i despise them, but we are both fighting for the same course.The obscene level of these bank charges inflicted on Nat West's customers.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I know Parkvale. I know. It was a joke, cos hes getting on his soap box a bit lately when peeps have a pop at nasty west. I love Nattie too. Hes such a help, but it does make me laugh when he rushes to their defence every time somebody says something naughty about them. Hes such a loyal little soul...........................

Personally I hate them, but to be honest, I think theyre all pretty much the same. BANKS.............. Have yet to come across one that gives a chuff about its customers......... Lol. Fend xxxx

Yep, still a way to go, but boy, can I see light at the end of that big ol tunnel:D :D

So, should I now be getting ready a court bundle or shall I wait and see what develops ?

TBH, I havent really looked much further than my nose as I have the attention span of a goldfish,and have dealt with each stage as I've come across it really.

Is there anything in particular I should be doing/reading /researching and if there is ,could someone point me in the right direction please !?

I'm a girl guide at heart and believe in being prepared lol;)

I've got a feeling that everything will all happen at once ,as I have just filed N1's on both MBNA and 1st Crudit for non compliance and an application for a set aside of CCJ

If you fancy taking a look at my battle its here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/57495-1st-credit-mbna-applying.html

I'm quite proud of myself actually, as I had a final charging order hearing last wednesday and despite the slimy solicitor asking for it to be made final, the judge found in my favour and gave me a stay of 28 days to counter claim !

I have the CAG to thank for that !

The court clerk is amazed by my knowledge and she said to me yesterday, " have you learnt all this off the internet ?"

I gave her the CAG web addy and she said she will take a look.

So, a lot going on for moi at the moment !

I dont want any nasty suprises, so if I should be doing something can someone please tell me !!!!

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

Thanks Fendy:)

I see you're a fellow yorky, lovely day here in Wakey, the sun is out, the birds are singing and all feels well with my little world lol:D ;)

Hope xx

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Also lovely, sunny and warm on the North York Moors today as well. Between the three of us we have Yorky covered.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Tis blissful here too in Haworth/Oakworth. Blissfull, but waiting for the Cobblers defence isnt. Lol. xxxxxxxx Must be find something productive to do whilst I wait. Lol. Best of Luck, but I think you KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING. You will walk it. Fend xxx

Blimey hope you are popular, you've even got folks discussing the weather on your thread:D:D

I'd wait and see how things pan out, no point in rushing.

I got my bundle partially together on the computer but didn't print it off. The likelihood is they'll settle before you need to go down that route but it's good to be prepared.

I also had a look at the AQ and downloaded the template, but that's just me being over organised!!!!

But, I figure you already know all this. Keep up the good work, you'll get there no probs;)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Guest NATTIE

You will all be pleased that i will not be up anyones backside tonight!! But the last few weeks have be kinda getting to me on the forums so i am considering a break to get the batteries up to their usual level where some comments do not annoy me to so much of an extent. Not sure as yet.

You will all be pleased that i will not be up anyones backside tonight!! But the last few weeks have be kinda getting to me on the forums so i am considering a break to get the batteries up to their usual level where some comments do not annoy me to so much of an extent. Not sure as yet.

Dear ole NATTIE,

I think you should consider re-wording your last comment, after all you do not want to atract the wrong sort of attention now do you?:D:D or do you?;);)

A break is good, and boy have you earned it. Your advice is invaluable and i for one will not begrudge you that:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Nattie,

Your work on here is, brilliant, helpful, informative and absolutely essential. Our views may differ on your employer, but as i have said previously. We are both fighting for what we believe is a wrong doing on innocent people. Your position is

extremely difficult, because it is not me that must face your colleagues at work everyday and possibly bite your tongue on many occasions. I do understand and admire your loyalty to Nat West. I would hazard a guess and say that you have been employed with them for a number of years. Therefore the position you take up on this wonderful site is even more daunting than i think alot of us realise.

Nattie take your well earned break, but don't stay away to long. There are alot of people ,present and future who will need your invaluable help.

Hi all:)

I have to agree with the other comments Nattie.

I think you are fantastic and a very loyal person,and I imagine that you are sometimes pretty torn when it comes to work/personal split.

I also imagine it takes quite a lot from you to bite your tongue !

When I first found the CAG Nattie was one of the first peeps to help and guide me,and I have found ever since that he has never let me down when I've asked something of him.

If you feel like a break,then take it Nattie. You really have earnt yourself a BIG holiday !!!

OK.

Recieved notice of issue yesterday !

N1 was deemed served 24th March so they have until 10th April to reply.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO !!!!!!!

So, Let me get this straight. If they dont respond I win.

If they do respond by 10 th April , they have 28 days(does the 28 days run from when they respond, or from when they were deemed served ie 24th March ?)

Just trying to calculate how much longer til its all finished !!!

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

OK.

Recieved notice of issue yesterday !

N1 was deemed served 24th March so they have until 10th April to reply.

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO !!!!!!!

So, Let me get this straight. If they dont respond I win.

If they do respond by 10 th April , they have 28 days(does the 28 days run from when they respond, or from when they were deemed served ie 24th March ?)

Just trying to calculate how much longer til its all finished !!!

Hope xx

14 days from when the claim is deemed served to acknowledge the claim, should they not you can apply for judgement. Should the acknowledge they have a further 14 days to enter a defence, again should they fail you can apply for judgement.

Its like this, they have till 10th April to respond saying they will defend or not. Trust me, they will respond and they will tick the box saying they will defend. They then get a further 14 days, so basically 28 days from date of notice deemed to have been served on in total. But, bear in mind, there are a couple of bank holidays and you dont count them, so that makes it 30 days.......... but hang fire, dont rush to judgement straight away after 30 days. Let them have a few days more, otherwise the last thing you want on your hands is a stay...... dragging it out further.............. the courts at the mo have gotten into the habit of giving them longer to file defence. Dunno why, I know its not fair, one rule for us mere mortals and one rule for them being higher than mighty banks and all, but they have been allowing them longer to submit defence. Just sit back and wait. Although be prepared because Cobblers, are likely to literally submit defence day before deadline expires. They do that, a lot. So expect to have to fill in AQ and even prepare court bundle etc. etc. dragging it out further, but dont worry. End result is the same. IT WILL TAKE LONGER BUT YOU WILL GET YOUR SPONDOOLIES. ALL OF THEM. EVERY LAST PENNY. All the best. Fendy xxx

Thanks LL and Fendy:)

Patience is a virtue and all that !

At least I know that by the end of april it should be in the bag.I fully expect them to defend.

I heard on the news last night that bank re-claims have gone up 4000% in the last year !

It's about time they stopped wasting our time and just paid out.

We've all won before we've even started.:D

I know diddly about AQ and CPR 18 and court bundle,so I think I had better take a peek :confused:

Hope x

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Excellent news, hope.

Drinks will definately be on you soon enough my friend.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi all:)

Nothing to report yet !

I havent heard a thing from NW and the patience is killing me lol !

If I was a paranoid type of gal, I would think this is all part of the carry-on and another way of making me nervous ;)

Really,joking aside it would be nice to have some sort of response.Maybe they wont acknowledge and I win by default ?not very likely, I know !

I will have a read of some NW sucess threads to see what tactics are likely to be used, but I have a feeling it will be the long game ....

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hope change your name to Certainty, because you may have to wait. But its a certainty you will get your money back .;)

Thanks Parkvale:D

IT feels quite strange to be nearing the end of the process and I feel at ease with it all really !

I wonder if they'll pay it into the defaulted account and it will get swallowed by the o/d or if they will send me a cheque so I can go on a mad-un round leeds !

Hey-ho it's all good !

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi hope,

are you beginning to smell it hun...the sweet smell of success!!!!!

Rest assured it's a coming;)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA