• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

thereshope! v natwest ****WON****

thereshope!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hope..

It looks as though you have had lots of responses regarding your query... which is good. Lots of them varied which should, in some ways, reassure you that you are not doing anything wrong. it's just that that there are lots of different approaches to the court claim.

Now that you have lots of info... do what you feel is best. Sometimes you have just get to make a choice one way or the other and niether is necessarily the 'right' way, they are just different approaches.

Good luck for what ever you decide to do on Wednesday...

If you need any one to talk things through... just give us all a shout... there's always someone lurking in the shadows, even at ungodly hours in the morning...ha!

Maxine

:-)

Moodle

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to you all for taking the time to reply, you guys are great !

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

dont know what happened there sent last post by mistake lol !

I think i'm going to sleep on it and maybe have a final tweak of the details in the morning.....

I'll let you know what i'm going to do in the morning:shock:

Hope xx

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Hi all:)

My poor little printer !

Its never had so much to do !

N1,POC AND SOC all been printed x 3.And signed and dated.

After a lot of swaying to one side,then the other, I have decided to keep all 3 rates of interest in.

As Maxine said in an earlier post,there is no right or wrong way to do this.

Its all about what approach you want to take,and after much thought, I decided to leave all 3 rates in.

My reason for this is that I offered NW in my rejection letter, the lower rate of CI ,if they were prepared to settle by return ,and said it was my gesture of goodwill for early completion.

I dont want the legal team at NW to have any reason to have my claim struck out and want to be sound in my argument if it comes to it.

At least I can say I have been fair in my claim and have made every effort to settle this claim out of court so as not to waste court time,at my own expense by being prepared to settle for a reduced figure ,and I am prepared again to offer the lower rate of CI to expedite matters.

Does that make sense ?

Its really hard to get across my point sometimes in writing but I know what i mean even if no-one else does lol !

So all three stay.I feel comfortable with my choice and feel that for me,it is the right choice.

I just want to thank the three m's,

maxine,milly,and muggins for all your help and support to date.You have been like an inner voice ! and always post when i get stuck. Thanks Guys !:)

I am going to be in court tomorrow at 1015, fighting to stop a final charging order being granted,(1st credit/mbna)so will file N1 before/after that.

I am a little nervous about going to court as I have never set foot inside one before and I hope I conduct myself appropriatley.

What do I wear !

Cant believe i'm worried about my conduct/apperance,but not worried in the slightest about the actual case.

That must mean I am pretty confident with my argument 1st Credit:D

Catch u laters !

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi Guys !:(

N1 filed today !:D

YE-HAAAA !

Not sure whats happens now really ?

Is there anywhere specific that I can read up on issuing N1 and what the next stage is etc ?

I've had a look but cant seem to find it

Thanks

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

thereshope,

have a look through these :http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

• Haha 1

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks PV .:)

I knew i'd seen it somewhere but couldnt remember where exactly !

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

The true cost is the reason why the banks have never defended in a court yet.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Well, how long do you all reckon before peeps start using the programmes costings aproximations in their court claims against the banks. Came from the horses mouth, lady working for yorkshire bank in costings dept. And furthermore, how long before you think government still actually step in and do something to change this now they know how much it really costs. Cant we start a petition on the Number 10 site against this, to get law changed. worth a try. Or has somebody already tried that. Ahaha, but now we have evidence to back it up with. Ummmmmm, its certainly food for thought today for everybody isnt it. Fendy xxxx

Whistleblower !

What an eyeopener !

Makes me want to draw all my money out the bank and hide it under my mattress lol.

Oh, I cant ! Looks like im in my O/d :D

That was scary stuff.

(edit)

Hopefully this will pave the way for us all .

So, I sit back and wait a wee while now......

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Yep Im at that sit back and wait stage. Its a nightmare. The waiting is worse than when youre actually engaged in some form of action with the whole process. It stinks.......... waiting waiting waiting. Lol. Fendy xxx Still think Nattie was the NATWESTSTAFFMEMBER on Whistleblower last night. His silence speaks volumes. Lol Lol. xxx

9p!!!

9p!

That's how much it costs.

It makes you sick doesnt it:mad: If I were the court I would chuck out ALL defences they give now cos they are talkin utter ****e! OOOPSS!!!!!

Milly X

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

YE-HAAAA !

Is there anywhere specific that I can read up on issuing N1 and what the next stage is etc ?

Thanks

Hope xx

Hi hope you have to wait for your claim to be issued and served on the defendant. You will get a notice from the court and that will tell you the date NW have to acknowledge you {14 day]} from being served. If they don't you can file for jugement. If they do that buys them another 14 days {total of 28 days from deemed served date} before defence has to be filed. If they do not do this then you file for judgement.

Past here I have not been cos I have had the claims settled without a defence being filed. But do not worry hun...lots of lovely peeps on here to help!!!:)

Milly XXX

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

28 days and counting then !

Bet they defend !

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

They usually get their defence in ar the last moment , but you never know. ;)

YE-HAAAA !

Thanks

Hope xx

Have a look at my thread it may give you an idea of what will happen next....., looks like we are about 4 weeks apart.. if i can help with any replies to cobbets or anything else let me know..

Good luck.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/56352-josa-natwest-6-years.html

Hi all:)

Just back from court( I was filing for non compliance on both MBNA and 1st Credit and applying for a set aside of CCJ - busy times lol) and I asked about the N1 that I filed last wednesday on NW.

The clerk said they had been very busy clearing a back-log, but they were up to date now so should get notice in the next day or so.

It's getting exciting now:-D

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Exiciting ? Its amazing the confidence you obtain as you progress, and of course it is exciting the thought of receiving all your hard earned dosh taken so deceitfully and unlawfully by a bank that thought and still thinks they are above the law. Definately exciting. ;)

I know how you feel.

Once you reach this stage it's such an adrenalin rush. Unfortunately, there is more waiting to be had, but gosh is it worth it:p

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA