• Tweets

• Do you have historical meter readings from before the meters were changed? And more recent history showing consumption, in metered units not in £s,  since the change. One specific thing to check is gas. Check that the meter and the bill use the same units. If the meter is recording cu.m but they're billing as if it was counting 100 cu.ft, then your bill will be nearly three times too high.  Overall I'm guessing it's an Ovo screw up. It's significant that they didn't block the transfer, maybe they aren't so sure of their position.
    • Hmmm, interesting point. In my career, that I am retired from now, there were an immense amount of rules and regulations that one had to adhere to by law. The qualification process is rigorous with on going assessments throughout your career and re-certification every 12 months. If you were shown to be not competent in those rules and regulations you could not hold the position and the operational consequences of that could potentially be dire. In the same respect, perhaps a judge who is not conversant in the rules of POFA should not sit in on cases that requires proficiency in that area? I also bow to your considerable knowledge in this area, perhaps I shouldn't be commenting but by doing so I find it helps the learning process. Your last point has just reminded me of something that may help my case, thank you.
    • Just had an email re the my breache in agreement by her rep.   I asked you yesterday if they had asked about her name in the thread being removed.   The issue they have is the Elizabeth turner and genetic pups entry on google.   they knew I did not put it up and told them so in court.  I dnt know how to post on google.   I told them I cannot remove what I did not post.  when i come back here and saw her name gone from threads title, I presumed her reps sought it.   now I get an email saying her names still on google ur breaching the agreement as it’s still on google.  
    • Peter McCormack says "ambition is big" and Real Bedford's attendances are increasing with promotions.View the full article
    • How does one obtain the permit? The permit team number is only open between the hours of 9am to 3pm Mon - Fri. It says on the website, To obtain an additional 2 hours, the driver must pay a tariff of £3.00 + booking fees in person at our Security Hut, is that how you get the permit also, from the security hut? What a rigmaroll that would be but maybe just another step to take to try and catch people out?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

thereshope! v natwest ****WON****

thereshope!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there anybody there !

Or is everyone out on the lash lol:D

Please can someone have a little read of my POC to put my mind at rest ?

pretty please with cherries on top :)

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hope... I reckon everyone is out on the lash like you suggested. Sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

Your POC looks good to me, just a few points:

1. You haven't added your total up here...

c) The Claimant claims contractual interest at a rate of 29.69% per annum, from the date of each transaction to 21st March 2007, which is £2169.24, as set out in the attached list of charges. The Claimant further claims interest, on the resulting total of £2169.24, at the same rate equivalent to an annual interest rate of 29.69% up to the date of judgment or earlier payment

2. You have mentioned the important bits like 'the principle of mutuality and reciprocity' and 'unduly enrich the Defendant'... super duper!!

3. I am unsure of putting in both the 29.69% and the 16.74%. I would have thought it best to just put the one you have been asking for in the LBA (I assume the 29.69%)... and then settle for the 8% if the judge finds the contractual interest rate is not applicable. The reason I say this is because it looks like you do not know what you are entitled to... and the judge isn't going to favour one contractual figure to another... it's gonna be either the figure you have asked for or not. I would take out this bit...

Should the court find that this interest rate is not applicable, and then in the alternative the Claimant claims contractual interest at a rate of 16.74%, from the date of each transaction to 21st March 2007, which is £1031.76, as set out in the attached list of charges. The Claimant further claims interest, on the resulting total of £3191.76, at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment, at a rate equivalent to the annual interest rate of 16.74%.

The account’s Terms and Conditions specify the interest payable on authorized drawings from the account. The Claimant holds that this applies to authorized drawings by the Defendant as well as to authorized drawings by the Claimant. Should the court deem this incorrect, the Claimant claims the rate to be justified under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity or fairness and balance, and is based on the Defendant’s authorized overdraft interest rate that would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account.... the last paragraph is already in there, so you are just saying the same thing twice other than the difference in figures.

If I were you I would just put the 29.69% (if that is the amount you have been asking for in your letters to the bank) and the 8% in the POC and on the spreadies. This is merely my opinion and there might be someone out there who knows better.

So then you need:

Your N1 signed x 3

3 copies of your POC signed and dated

3 copies of your spready

The dosh for the fee (£120.00)

21st March is Wednesday... remember your spready will change daily so you might want to wait until that actual day before you print them out and alter the figures on your POC accordingly (unless you have manually put the date forward on your spready).

Hope this helps and doesn't just confuse you more... :-)

Moodle

HI Hope and welcome back, lovey:)

Maxine is spot on, so I'll leave you both to it.

Good luck.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi Hope,

This what I put in the value box

"Value"

Penalty charges in the sum of £xxx.xx Interest to be determined as the Court deems just, as per section 6 of the attached Particulars of Claim, with the maximum to not exceed £xxx.xx. A maximum total of £xxx.xx

Plus Expenses for writing and sending letters to the defendant , the total being £xx.xx .Plus any applicable Court fees.

Plus interest from date of issue to date of settlement at such rate and for such periods as the Court deems just, according to section 6 of the attached Particulars of Claim.

P.S in your case section 5

Milly XXXX

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Hi Hope,

Looks fine.:)

The only thing I would say is to leave out any costs - I.e the letter expenses, etc. Unfortunately you are not entitled to claim costs on the SCT. That said, there is a provision which allows costs to be awarded on the grounds of the other parties unreasonable conduct, so if it goes how nearly all the other NW ones have, you could apply for costs on that basis when the claim is settled.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi hope,

Probably best to do what post 181 said.

However , I borrowed this from Mindzai originally and won with Cap One using that.

I only charged £2 to cover postage and each listed letter on sep sheet.

Milly

Hi maxine,muggins,milly and gary:)

What little night owls you all are !!!

Thanks for the input all of you, its really appreciated.

My POC is a brazen copy of Lucids POC, and I tried to get hold of her by pm to check if she'd mind me borrowing from her,unfortunately shes not around so hope she doesnt mind !

I must admit that I was in 2 minds as to whether it would be wise to offer the other interest rates in the alternative,but this is what Lucid did and she and mindzai went on to win all their claims using the same POC.

Mmmm .Not sure whether to omit it now or not...

Hope xx

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

I was'nt critisising your last post Milly:). Hope asked about claiming letter costs in #169, I was answering that post, that was all.

Some claimants have been settled with small amounts for letters, etc. and I accept that it does seem totally reasonable and fair that you should be able to claim those sorts of expenses, but unfortunately the CPR is clear in that those sorts of costs are not claimable on the SCT - it comes under the "no costs rule". When you think about it though, that rule does actually benefit us a lot more than it does the banks at the end of the day, as it allows us the protection and security of being able to bring actions against big institutions without the risk of being screwed for thousands in costs in the event we were to lose a claim. I know I would'nt feel quite so confident about suing a bank if it weren't in place!

There is nothing stopping you keeping a schedule of your costs and requesting them on settlement on the unreasonable behaviour' grounds though - tot it up at £9.25 per hour spent and keep any receipts, then submit a request to the court when you've been settled.;)

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Hope, crossed posts then.

My POC is a brazen copy of Lucids POC, and I tried to get hold of her by pm to check if she'd mind me borrowing from her,unfortunately shes not around so hope she doesnt mind !

I think I can safely say that Lucid won't mind one bit - she and Mindzai are only too happy for other people to use their letters, etc.

I was'nt critisising your last post Milly:-). Hope asked about claiming letter costs in #169, I was answering that post, that was all.

Hey Gary soz I need to put things in a better way when I type.:)

XXXXXX

Milly XX

Thanks for putting my mind at rest Gary !:)

Lucid has helped me in the past with the contractual element and shes always been really giving of her time- I would have hated to bug her !

I dont want to rock the boat by claiming costs that might get me in trouble, so I will leave it until Nw decide to settle !

Do you have an opinion on whether it might be a good/not so good idea to mention the 3 different interest rates on my POC.

Maxine raised a good point when she said it may make me look like I dont know what I'm entitled to and I dont want them to see me as being easy to confuse and not know what I'm doing ?;)

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

No worries, there was'nt anything wrong with way you put your post, I was just making sure that you did'nt misconstrue mine as a critisism, thats all.;)

I just thought it would offer a 'middle ground' if you like !

The judge might decide that it's unfair of me to apply the unauthorised rate , but he might think that the authorised rate is fair to both parties.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree here ...?

Keep thinking about Lucids claims and it worked for her...?

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Ooops, crossed again! (must be getting tired:rolleyes:)

Up to you really on the 2 rates or 3, although I do agree with Max in that if the judge does'nt grant the higher rate on the implied term arguement, he isn't going to grant the lower one on that basis either - so in that sence it is pointless claiming the lower rate. That said, the lower one could be used as a 'compromise' figure if/when they offer to settle. I.e. they offer the charges + 8%, then you compromise at the lower contractual rate rather than pursue the higher.

Damn! Crossed again!! Far too slow - I'm off to bed.......

Lol Gary !

It is pretty late !

Thanks for the input bud.

Sleep tight :)

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Lucid has helped me in the past with the contractual element and shes always been really giving of her time- I would have hated to bug her !

I dont want to rock the boat by claiming costs that might get me in trouble, so I will leave it until Nw decide to settle !

Do you have an opinion on whether it might be a good/not so good idea to mention the 3 different interest rates on my POC.

Maxine raised a good point when she said it may make me look like I dont know what I'm entitled to and I dont want them to see me as being easy to confuse and not know what I'm doing ?;)

Hope its not a case of you not knowing what you are entitled to or not making up your mind. If you read through the contractual interest thread bank fodder started,this was always advised as the right thing to do .

I have done and CAPITAL ONE never offered the lower rate. One other didd I turned it down before court:o and got the higher rate in FULL.

That was me however may be different with NW.

Of course remember things have changed a lil bit and some say do and some say don't. P.M bill-k he is so good with these things:)

Hi Milly:)

So if you were in my position would you leave poc as it is with the 3 different rates ?

I was hoping that i could use it as a bargaining tool and show that I am willing to consider compromising on the unauth/auth interest rate if it comes to it....

Did you put 2 different rates and also offer the S69 in the alternative ?

Thanks

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi Hope,

With cap one I was already on the lower contractual rate , so I offered 8% in the alternative . With the other that I won I offered all three, higher, lower and 8%....it looked like this started from the court costs section of the POC....... BITS IN RED ARE TO BE CHANGED TO YOUR FIGURES ETC

5. The Claimant will further rely on the Office of Fair Trading’s (“the OFT”) statement of 5th April 2006 concerning default charges in credit card contracts and his recommendations given to the credit card companies in respect of these default charges.

6. Accordingly, the Claimant claims:

a) The return of the amounts debited in the respect of charges in the sum of £xxx.xx

b) Court Costs

GARY SUGGESTED NOT CLAIMING THIS!!! SO DELETE

c) The additional costs incurred by the Claimant in the writing and sending of letters to the Defendant pursuant to this claim in the sum of £xx.xx, as set out in the attached list of costs and the return of the £10.00 fee in sending for the claimants Data Access request. Total £xx.xx

d) The Claimant claims interest at the defendants’ contractual rateof xx.xx% {higher}per annum from the date of each transaction up to 1st xxxxxxx 2007, which is £xxx.xx. The Claimant further claims interest on the resulting total of £xxx.xx, at the same rate up to the date of settlement.

e) The account’s Terms and Conditions specify the interest currently payable on the xxxxxxx Visa Card. The Claimant holds that this applies to drawings by the Defendant as well as the Claimant. Should the court deem this incorrect, the Claimant claims the rate to be justified under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity, fairness and balance, and is based on the Defendant’s rate of interest published xxxxxxxx 2006, which would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account.

f) In the alternative to d), should the court find this rate is not applicable then the Claimant claims interest at the Defendant’s lower contractual rate of xx.xx% per annum from the date of each transaction up to 1st xxxxxxxxx 2007, which is £xxx.xx. The Claimant further claims interest on the resulting total of £xxx.xx, at the same rate up to the date of settlement.

g) The account’s Terms and Conditions specify the interest currently payable on the xxxxxxxx Visa Card. The Claimant holds that this applies to drawings by the Defendant as well as the Claimant. Should the court deem this incorrect, the Claimant claims the rate to be justified under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity, and is based on the Defendant’s rate of interest published xxxxxxxx 2006, which would be applied under the terms of the above mentioned account.

h) Should the court find that this interest rate is not applicable under the principle of mutuality and reciprocity , then in the alternative to 6.d {maybe different number on yours!!!} and 6.f),the Claimant claims interest pursuant to Section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of each transaction to 1st xxxxxxxx 2007 which is £xxxxx. The Claimant further claims interest on the resulting total of £xxx.xx, at the same rate up to the date of settlement thereafter at a daily rate of £xxxxp.

i) Details of interest calculated & rates used are attached to these Particulars of Claim as follows:

Appendix 2 – Contractual compound interest calculated daily at an annual rate of xx.xx% {higher]

Appendix 3 - Contractual compound interest calculated daily at an annual rate of xx.xx% {lower]

Appendix 4 – Simple Interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at an annual rate of 8.00%

7. Furthermore, the claimant requests that settlement be made by cheque payable to the claimant, as the claimant no longer has an account with the defendant due to the claimant settling the full balance and closing the account.

Statement of Truth

I believe that the contents of these Particulars of Claim are true.

Dated this 1st day of xxxxxxx 2007

Of course hope its up to you as alot of peeps are only offering the ONE rate. I just put this bit here if you needed it.:)

Milly XXX

AND SIGN IT!!!!

I keep editing soz:rolleyes: .

Hope ......ask on the bank fodder contractual interst thread , also the NAT WEST thread if you are unsure as all I can really say is I did it and had no probs, however I MUST STRESS this as Cap One and another;) and i was offered the lot BEFORE defence was filed and I CANNOT answer for NAT WEST, they may go on and on and then only try the 8% .

YOU MAY HAVE THIS DILEMMA whether the 8% is there or not anyway. Its up to you hun. XX

Milly XXX

:D Thanks Milly

I've decided to list all 3.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right ?

Hopefully the worst that can happen is the judge will award the 8% so may as well give him food for thought and let him contemplate all 3 rates !

Thanks for posting your poc hun :)

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi Hope,

I'm sorry I've only just picked up your PM (pointing to this thread) but we have been so busy lately and have barely been checking in on the computer. There's no need to worry about using our POC. All of our letters etc. are posted so that others can use them as a reference or adapt them for their own claims. I'm glad Gary put your mind at rest though - thanks Gary. :D

Bearing in mind that we (Mindzai mostly ;)) wrote those Particulars back in the beginning of September 2006, I think ideas regarding contractual interest have since developed. For example I think that the mutuality and reciprocity partis worded better as fairness and balance. The reason being Mindzai's post here. There seems to be a stronger argument when wording it as fairness and balance.

Also (as you already know) we included two other rates in the alternative in our POC but people are now beginning to query whether this is a good idea or not. I think that if I had to claim again then I probably wouldn't include the authorised rate in the alternative but probably would include the statutory rate in the alternative. But there are a lot of differing opinions on this and you need to go with whatever you think is best and suits your case.

You also asked me about the daily rate for your POC as the spreadsheet you used doesn't work it out for you. This isn't a problem and you don;t need to omit the reference to the daily rate. It's quite easy to work out and this is what you would do for your contractual interest rates:

1. Take your total charges and contractual interest up until the date you are filing the claim.

EXAMPLE: Total charges (£50) + Total contractual interest (£50) = £100

2.Mulitply the total by your interest rate (29.69) and then divide by 100 to give you your annual rate of interest.

EXAMPLE: £100 x 29.69 / 100 = £29.69

3. Take your annual rate of interest and divide it by 365 to give you your daily rate.

EXAMPLE: £29.69 / 365 = £0.08

4. The £0.08 is the daily rate you would put on your claim form to be added onto your claim until it is settled or comes to an end.

The statutory interest daily rate is calculated in the same way but in step 1 you only take your total charges (you don't include any interest you've already earned). But you can also work out your daily rate by taking your total charges and multiplying by 0.00022.

To naswer your last question from your PM, the date on your spreadsheet when you submit it to the court needs to be the date you are filing the claim.

Good luck. Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hope lucid is right about differing opinions see here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming-post652145.html#post652145

milly XXx

And as lucid said change the mutuality and reciprocay to fairness and balance !!! and maybe knock out the lowe rate.

Confusion soz hun!!!!

Milly hun:D

Just tried to click your scales but wouldnt let me :( to say thanks for sending pm to our hairy friend !

Cheers milly

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07