• Tweets

• Better version attached with the late appeal explained more clearly for the judge. This will sound silly, but I think it would be a good idea to e-mail it to the court and UKPC on Sunday.  It's probably me being daft, but Sunday is still March, and as it's late, sending it in March rather than April will make it sound like it was less late than it really is.  if you get my drift. You can still pop in a paper version on Tuesday if you want. E-mail address for the court: [email protected] And for UKPC: [email protected]   [email protected] Defendant WS.pdf
    • Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

thereshope! v natwest ****WON****

thereshope!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Not very good at this . Just previewed my first thread on this forum and it seems to have disappeared ?

Anyway,just wanted to tell you all that I have written out my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) ,enclosed the chq and am now waiting for the post office to open monday morning so I can send it recorded:D

Im going to see how it goes with NatWest,and if all goes well,then I shall follow suit with the rest !

Thought I'd start with NatWest as they were the first of the banks to go for a charging order.Then I'm trying 1st credit.mbna and quite a few others.My worry is tho,what if the banks that I currently pay instalments to (through my DMP with the CCCS) get uppity and take revenge by applying for charging orders ?

Must admit that I am worried by all this.

Still considering Bankruptcy. My O/H did in april 04 and has never looked back.

I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes with NatWest

Cheers and bye for now xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Set the ball in motion and sent off my cheque and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

According to mail tracking ,NatWest have received my letter and signed for it.

40 day countdown begins ....:D

I'll keep eveyone informed of my progress !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Welcome to the CAG and good Luck. When you have your statements any queries on charges I am sure to be able to help. Make sure you read around the CAG in the meantime to prepare yourself for the fight ahead. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

IS ANYONE IN THE SAME POSISTION AS ME ?

Hi .

Natwest have a charging order on my home for £19500.

A large portion of this debt is made up of charges and interest that has been added on over the past 2 yrs to a loan and o/d.

I've had a quick look at my statements today and the charges add up to about £3800 not incl interest.,just on my current account.

I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation as me ,really,and if they are,does it make any difference to reclaiming your charges ?

My loan was basically forced on me when my current account was in a bad way and my lending manager said that it was the only way to get my o/d down. My OH had just been declared Bankrupt and I didnt know what to do.So I consolidated my debt on the advise of the lending manager.

I have a DMP through CCCS but my debt is going UP because of all the charges that Natwest are adding on.I wasnt aware that they could continue to add charges on once a charging order had been agreed.

If anyone has any answers ,please can you post here or pm me ?

Thanks in advance.

There's Hope.

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Anyone ?

Please ?:confused:

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi cheddar,

I have looked around the site and cant find anyone in the same boat as me.

Maybe i'm not looking in the right place.Not very good with posting in right place/checking as bit of a newbie ?

How pathetic do I sound ?. Sorry.

I havent mentioned anything to CCCS about going for my reclaim because not sure what they can do ?

They didnt really manage to advise me when Natwest informed me that thay were applying for charging order.

They just said that here wasnt anything I could really do .Just said to ensure that I never miss a payment because Natwest can apply for an order of sale.

Feel like giving up before ive even started which must sound really sad to you. Ive read your thread and you did fantasic,and im really happy for you. It must take huge amounts of determination to see it through.

Sorry for sounding sorry for myself ! Just been on mse site aswell looking for answers and feel a bit alone and despondant.

Had a reply back from OP re claiming interest back on what ive been charged on unarranged o/d(took me over my o/d limit because of charges snowballing) and they say it will be too complicated to sort out .The interest is over £1000 on that alone .

Any tips cheddar ? Maybe just talking to you will bring me good luck lol

Thanks

Mac

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

;) Hi thereshope,

Your right it does sound sad , but not in a pathetic way, more like a person who is stuggling to keep their head above the water. But you really must.

Like you I am fairly new to this and I am also finding the whole process confusing :confused: and the advice that I can give you may not relate to your 'request' but more about your despair. You are at your wits end and can give in, but guess what, thats what they want.

You need to start taking back the power which you (and me!!) have allowed banks etc to take. In the words of Bob Marley, "free your self from mental slavery, cos none but yourself can free your mind" and while I getting all lyrical I will also add "...get up stand up, stand up for your rights". Remember there is hope, thereshope!!! :p

• Haha 1

4th Dec 2006 : Posted S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) :o

18th Dec 2006 ; Received Statements :)

28th Dec 2006 ; Posted prelim letter (£3351.00) :rolleyes:

11th Jan 2007 : Reply, still investigating :x

16th Jan 2007 : Posted LBA (£3331.00/£556.00) :-(

31st Jan 2007 : Bank make offer of £3331.00 :D

Hi siilymove and Karnevil,

Thanks guys.

Really good of you to take time to post.

It makes a huge amount of difference just knowing that i've got support from peeps like you.Thankyou again.

OK. Sleeves rolled up and ready to start the good fight...

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi all.

OMG.!!!!:grin:

Scrap what I have been waffling and stessing over. No charging order !!!!!!!!

sorry for the misinformation Karnevil. Nice but a little dim,me !

I have just got off the phone to CCCS who advised me to contact the court that was dealing with my case ,basically to find out what stage im at.

Big big shock ! Natwest/shoosmiths did have a CCJ found against me,then applied for a charging order in April ,and were refused !!

I dont know a lot about judicial system but think this is a positive thing ?

Am I right in thinking that as long as I pay my monthly instalment theres not a lot that they can do ?

The thing that annoys me though,is that the amount owed is going up because of charges. Is it worth asking Natwest to stop interest being added so that I might actually begin to make a dent in what I originally owed them ? Or will they laugh at me ?

What do I do now then ? Who do I contact re CCJ amount being unfair as quite a portion of the debt is down to interest and charges being added on ?

Im also waiting for a hearing date for 1st Credit . They have an Interim order on me and are waiting to slap the final order on.

Again,the balance has snowballed due to late/missed payment charges on MBNA cc.They are claiming £3782 + stat int .I have been paying a monthly instalment through CCCS ,never missed one,but they arent happy with the amount I pay.Think i should open a new thread in 1st credit forum to see if anyone at the same place im at ?

Sorry ,went off Natwest topic a bit there !

Right,im off to have a look at some other threads to see if I can get any info.

Bye for now

C xxx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Do detect someone with renewed fire in there belly hahaha:lol:

God to see you back with the programme.

One thing at a time. Don't panic, lets concentrate on the NatWest issue initially.

I would ask for a moratorium on the interest ( I doubt they will grant it but worth a try) on the basis that you are reclaiming erroneously applied charges to your account, which puts the account in to dispute. Until such time as this issue is resolved the extent of the debt cannot be agreed, therefore no practical proposal for debt repayment can be made. The priority is resolve the situation and establish a realistic repayment programme.

Hope this helps

• Haha 1

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Do detect someone with renewed fire in there belly hahaha:lol:

God to see you back with the programme.

Yay !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back and here to stay !!

Thanks Sillymove. Your post was just what the doctor ordered.:grin:

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

One thing at a time. Don't panic, lets concentrate on the NatWest issue initially.

I would ask for a moratorium on the interest ( I doubt they will grant it but worth a try) on the basis that you are reclaiming erroneously applied charges to your account, which puts the account in to dispute. Until such time as this issue is resolved the extent of the debt cannot be agreed, therefore no practical proposal for debt repayment can be made. The priority is resolve the situation and establish a realistic repayment programme.

Hope this helps

Thanks Ataction,

Your'e right.One step at a time.

Should I phone,email or write to Natwest ?

Is there a template for what I am asking for (bit of a layperson when it comes to things like this !)

Last question. To whom do I speak/send my request to, lending centre Telford , Manchester or other ?

Thanks

C

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi all,

Back from checking out other threads.

Not sure i'm totally right on this but here goes...

judgement was made against me in Feb 06 for £19000 + court costs. I have been paying £25 pm since then.

I read on another thread that once ccj made, interest charges cease to be added on.

Can anyone confirm or deny the validity of this

Thanks in advance

C

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi all .Just posting with an update !

Been in contact with Nw today re interest charges still accruing.

It seems that someone has made a boo-boo !

Been advised by NW that Shoosmiths should have really been in contact re the charges still being added.

Advised that all charges to be frozen with immediate effect and that Shoosmiths are being contacted on my behalf to get the interest (that has been added on since judgement date in Feb )removed:)

Advised that once account had CCJ status, all interest should cease to be added.

The least they can do considering i'm in this mess because of all the penalties they slapped on.

The guy in credit management services was puzzled as to how I had got the statement info "as we havent sent any statements".

Had to explain that I had asked for SAR,which appeared to puzzle him further as there was no record of my request logged.

Once again a case of the right hand not knowing what the left was doing...:confused:

Anyway to his credit he was very helpful,but wanted to know why I had requested Sar. As soon as I mentioned the words 'disproportinate charges'

he said he had to read a couple of paragraphs from 'the findings of the july report'

Anyway ,he basically tried to tell me that NW didnt agree to the findings so sorry, you cant have your money back !

I actually laughed at him at this point and told him to pull the other one cos it had bells on it !!

I also mentioned that I was a member of the CAG . Funnily enough he had heard of us !

He tried again to convince me that no one had had any charges back as NW didnt agree with the findings and that if I sent a letter asking for the money it would be refused.

I said "yes ,im sure it will. But I fully expect that so I will have my LBA ready and waiting to be sent off !.I intend to take this all the way."

He didnt really say much after that and transfered me to someone more relevant in my SAR inquiry !

Basically I have been told to write in again and request ALL diary notes as this hasnt been actioned yet .

Spoke to the head of the sar team who was very pleasant and helpful and told me to write to him personally and he would get the documents out to me within the week.

He said something strange during conversation.

It went along the lines of " oh, the SAR letter that you sent. Was it one of those ones off the internet that everyones sending in ?" . I replied that yes it was possible. He went on to say that he had about 10 on his desk that had arrived that day and that he didnt feel that they were very good in explaining exactly what was required ! Bl***y cheek !!

SO ,lets see what tomorrow brings !

Hopefully a call from Shoosmiths reducing my balance.

Not sure whether I should just get on with prelim and spreadsheet(still not sure whether to try for contractual interest ?) or wait for rest of SAR info ?

Descisions ,descisions lol !!

Any thoughts ?

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Just a word of warning concerning telephone conversations with the bank. They are best avoided, however the substance of your conversation is very significant in this case. So log the details of the conversation, the time and date and with whom the conversation took place (always ask for the name and their position, if you ask their date of birth and mother's maiden, it always lightens the tone, and amuses me no end!!!). Summarize and confirm the relevant points in a letter and send recorded delivery.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Sound advice ataction.

Going to note everything of importance that was said.

I did manage to find out that they had all my diary notes from 1992 onwards because the CS read extracts to me relating to charges for bounced chqs etc.

I may even consider tacking my claim back to the beginning....

Think I need to read up on statute of limitation first though as im not sure how far to go with this.

Thanks for the advice

Hope

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

Hi thereshope how are things coming along?

Hi thereshope how are things coming along?

Hey:)

I've been hanging out in the contractual interest thread for a week or so !

Been getting lots of help from Bill K and co !

I wasn't sure if I was entitled to claim contractual/compound interest because my o/d is over its agreed limit because of interest and charges,if you know what I mean !

Anyway, i'm going to give it a try for the full NW unauthorised rate of 29.6%.

So,I have done a spready and i'm getting on with pre-lim today.

Looks like it will have to be fastrack instead of small claims as the amount i'm claiming back is £7093.05. SCARY!!! :D

IF anyone knows of a pre-lim letter claiming contractual interest ( dont think there is a template ) I'd appreciate if you'd let me know.

Thanks guys !

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

ahai 'Thereshope!' Yes I am in a similair position, I owe Natwest over £20,000 made up of loan and o/d (original loan £13,500 taken out in March 2004 to consolidate an existing loan and o/d of £1000, I paid £357 a month for 18 months then was made redundant so couldnt pay). They are now taking me to court. I am defending my and am at the AQ stage, I have requested statements but Natwest are delaying in sending them to me. I want to show the court that the differnce bewtween £20,000 and £13,500 has been made up of unfair charges etc.

Hey Mike1106:)

Yeah. They sure are quick with the court hearings to get a CCJ or Charging Order !

NW applied for CO but thankfully they were turned down.

Have you contacted CCCS ?

They have been great.If you havent already, try to get a debt management plan in place.

NW sent my statements within a week, but I havent received anything else covered by a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as yet.

I contacted customer services at credit management services Telford re outstanding data and spoke to the manager who was very helpful.He told me to write in again and he would deal with my SAR personally and by return. Maybe worth a try ?

Is Shoosmiths involved yet ?

IF you need any help/advice ( what little I know lol ! ) please pm or post here.

Good luck

Hope xx

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07

you've pm Mike.

NatWest

LBA SENT 29/01/07