Do I need to declare previously cancelled insurance if it doesn't appear on MIB/CUE?

xenoserpentine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Longer story:

My licence was revoked in 2018, I declared it to my insurance company immediately and my insurance was cancelled. I got my licence back within a few weeks and got new, more expensive insurance.

I've done subject access requests to MIB/CUE and the cancellation does not appear on their database but a minor accident I had does.

Are there any other agencies I can check to see if there is a record of my cancelled insurance anywhere other than my previous insurer?

My insurance wasn't cancelled for the big three of non-payment, non-disclosure or fraud - I lost my licence due to 6 points for speeding within 2 years of qualification.

I'm awaiting a subject access request from the insurer at the time of cancellation to see what information they have and who they shared it with.

Problem is Insurers ask a general question have you ever had Insurance cancelled.  

The cancellation you describe would not be noted on any central database.  But you would be best to speak to Insurers or a brokers to get quotes. Even if they would not take into consideration the cancellation, you have mentioned it.

Better to be safe and disclose it

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread