BVS/Axa problems - need to request data

Posted (edited)

Hi

Ive had a night mare with a bath leak in a rented house, and Axa using BVS to assess it. They blatantly lied about my claim, so obviously that i took pictures and asked them to show me where this alleged damage is.

ive read another reviewer saying that he applied got GDRP data from BVS and it helped his claim no end.

Can anyone tell me how i apply to get this data from them ?

he said it was GDPR but im not sure if thats the right data i need or not

thanks

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I emailed this on the 11th and they havent even replied at all, does the ICO even do anything about non compliance?

Theres just no help for people trying to get something done about companies like these, its really annoying

How did you send the SAR, was it by e-mail, post or both?

Apologies I see that you wrote that you e-mailed it. Did you receive any response at all to your e-mail, even an automated one, also which e-mail address did you send it to?

Edited by FruitSalad1010

Have you ever received a reply after corresponding using that e-mail address, indicating that it is monitored and responded too?

While I think it is very likely your SAR has so far been ignored and will be, the statutory deadline to respond does not expire until end of day tomorrow.

Unfortunately there is still plausible to consider they may not have received your SAR, although this is unlikely.

In order to make this a slam dunk and I would send a signed SAR in writing to their address with proof of postage. I would also scan a copy of said document and send it to them to their e-mail address indicating they will receive a written copy and ask them why they have not responded to your e-mail on 11th October 2021.

I think when no reply is received to a SAR via e-mail it is preferable to do this after a couple of days in order that you don't end up extending the statutory deadline by several weeks.

Hi, ill print it and send it

im in no rush, these people are absolute **** and need to be brought to heel. Ive even considered suing them myself for the loss ill suffer when repairing my water leak claim

thanks

Hi

An update, I contacted Axa to get a FOI request too, they said they would send it and i mentioned that BVS hadnt replied and it didnt look good on Axa. They said they would send all BVS info as they were the data controlller? I questioned that and said that surely BVS should be sending me everything from their end- ie internal emails etc. BVS work with multiple big insurers so how can Axa possibly send me all the info im asking for. Axa havent replied but they obviously spoke to BVS about it.

That was yesterday and today i got a reply to my email to BVS from the case manager who was sorting out my insurance claim. She said if i had any queries to send them to Axa. This seems ridiculous to me, theyre obviously trying to hide as much info as possible. BVS dont even have someone dedicated to sorting out these kind of requests but they must store peoples data, so surely must be bound by the ICO?

thanks