Electrical installation completed - not paid by Fishnet Properties LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need some advise please. I have completed a full office electrical installation for a client and provided electrical installation certificates. It has been about 7 weeks now. I have spent 1000 of my own money for materials, total job worth is 3750 as agreed. I have sent an invoice to the client for the job 3 weeks ago. He said he will pay me, but every week I am chasing him and he says "sorry I will chase the office for payment" however no payment is being made. 

I have all proof from before job started and after it was completed in pictures. I have all conversations with him on whatsapp from beginning. I think the only mistake I had done was the invoice I issued did not have payment terms i.e 7 days.

What would be the right course of action to take? I am thinking letter before action and then take him to small claims court perhaps. Is there a specific time frame that I have to wait before sending either of these?

Thanks

Edited by Karalius

Thank you both. I do want to pursue this to the end as its a lot of my own money invested plus 4 days work involved. 

Its a LTD company, in fact he has 5 companies under his name. I do not know where he lives, but looking at companies house it shows his address, but unsure if its his home address. Should I still pull out his land registry details? 

I had just sent him new invoices with 7 days payment terms. 

Is there any good sample that I could find for letter of claim for similar case? 

Thanks

Thanks. I will purchase that.

FYI I have sent new invoices with 7 days payment terms. Today is 7th day. No payment.

I had called the client on Friday from my own number. No answer. Couple hours later I called him from different number, he answered and obviously was confused. He pretended to say it was ridiculous that the office has not yet paid and that he will chase them up (again). 

Should I try to ring him today again and ask or it’s best bet to send letter before action?

Im also a little confused how to write the letter as never had to do one. Is there a sample template anywhere on here that I could use? I searched but could not find anything.

Thanks

Hmm, I'm a bit confused now. His company is a LTD company on which his name and address shows up on companies house. I assume that is not LLP as to what you are referring. 

I attach letter of claim. I am unsure if this is the correct way to type it out. 

Thanks

Electrical v1.docx

Ok I will clear up all story. I believe customer is not paying. I had met this man at a job I was doing. We exchanged numbers. Few days later he called me for services. I agreed to do it. It’s an office installation for a client of his. I thought he was individual until I asked to who certificate should be issued to. He asked to issue to his LTD company. 

I had issued him an invoice under my LTD company that I hold. 

The house is in his personal name. 

I also don’t know if I should send letter of action as my LTD company or as myself.

Thanks

No problem I’m not trying to hide anything. I don’t know how these things work and want to learn and get the money back that I am owed.

The company who is refusing to pay is Fishnet Properties LTD. Lawrence is the guy’s name who owes me money and who I did the job for.

Morning,

Many thanks. Yes to both questions Lawrence is his name and he is the owner. I do not know who his client is. 

Should I send the letter to his house under companies house or would it be ok to send it to him via WhatsApp where I’ve been dealing with him?

Thanks

Hey!

I think I just got some good news. So letters were sent out yesterday morning special delivery to both home address and office. It must have arrived today. He phoned me up and wants to make a payment. Apologized that it has taken this long and it wasn't resolved sooner. 

I am sure he would have paid, but as I understand their accounts team is horrible. Well, the letter of action definitely has moved this forward fast enough!

I will keep you updated once I receive the payment!

Thank you all ever so much once again! 

• Like 1

• BankFodder changed the title to Electrical installation completed - not paid by Fishnet Properties LTD

Hi,

Just heads up - he paid 250 for one of the invoices. He still has not paid the main invoice of 3530. I have a feeling that he may not be paying that. 

Would it be wise to start preparing the claim already just in case he does not pay by the time 14 days passes? 

Thanks

Thanks. He paid directly via bank transfer. He also said last night he’ll ensure the rest is sent. Will see..

Also just to check re 14 days. I typed up the letter on 18/10/21, but post office was shut and letter was sent on 19/10/21. He had received the letter on 20/10/21. Which day would be the first day - the day he received it or the date on the letter?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sorry for responding now, but this just came to my mind as laying on sofa.

The payments have now been made and everything is cleared. I think the letter to his house definitely moved this.

Many thanks for the help as always and have a great weekend.