Hi Everyone, me V ABBEY

greekstalion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to complete the Court bundle after the court allocates a date for the trial or you need to complete it now?

Start researching now but wait unitl you get directions from the Judge before you go to far with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I just got the papaers from the court with date of 07 August 2007. It seems the judge like the banks because he directions are what the bank asked and also give them 1 month stay they asked and the court date after the 5th of August like the bank asked with 15 min hearing.

Is anyone else there that had a case in the BOW county court?

I am thinking of writing back to the court advising them that ABBEY not once had try to settle the claim (I have not had 1 offer since I started court) and why I have to wait for so long where they dont have intention to settle.

Aslo did any one else had been given only 15min for their case in court?

I, like you received my court date without having been contacted with an offer, I read on a thread of an individual who had called Abbey direct and asked if they wanted to settle (and was successful) so I thought I would try the same tactic. I dealt with James Arrandale (his name was on back of defence document), I did not accept first offer and bartered on the phone until we reached an amicable figure (about £500 less than claim)anyway he has now left Abbey, you can usually google the person's name from Abbey's legal team and it will give you their phone number (I finally dealt with Inga Kirkman) and she was very accomodating and the money went in my account a couple of weeks later.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have given my court bundle last week on the 19th. Orders was that we both give in the paperwork 14 days before the court date.

Called the court today to see if they have received anything from Abbey and they told me yes. Start to worry at this point and told them that I have not received anything. At the end it was only a leeter (received today) to say to the court that they try to resolve the situation. I told the court that they have never contact me all this time.

The court clerk assured me that is nothing to worry and the court will go ahead.

Lets hope the judge do not change athe date at the last minute.

Yes I have tried, but the customer support told me that none of the legal department or the contacts I had on the written communication had a telephone.

It seems no-one in Abbey want to talk us. I have left my telephone number but for the last month I have not received a call.

Since I started the court I had not contact from abbey.

hi - did they just send you the cheque without telling you they were settling?

im at a similar stage to you.. court date a week on friday, submitted my bundle but nothing from yet abbey!! - not contacting ashurts.. just waiting to see what happens..

would like to hear how you got your cheque!!

marmite x

No, they have sent me a letter the day before.

Last week I called the court to find out if they have filled the court bandle. The court told me that they have only sent a letter say they try to resolve. Then on the 30th I received a letter from them with the offer and the next day a cheque.

I have called the court to say that they have settled even if the cheque has not cleared fully and they told me I have to go to the hearing to say that to the judge. So I gone early in case I could tell them that I dont need to be there etc.

11:00 AM gone to the Usher desk and informed them that Abbey have payed me the cheque. Usher told me that I have to go to the hearing at 14:00 but she will try to put me infront of the queue because the bank had settled.

So I spend 1 hour walking round Startford.

13:20 Gone back to the Usher desk. They told me to take a seat and wait.

I looked on the list and my name is one before last. Time passed and people come out looking depressed.

One of the guys come out and had a talk with us and he said they put the cases on stay until the high court case result but if you talk to the judge and say you are ready then is up to the judge. He did not clearly said if his case was resolved or stayed.

Couple more I talked their case was stayed.

16:20 the usher lady looked on the papers and I could see her mouth spelling my name and then look at me supprised. I think she has forgoten me.

16:30 they call me in. I see a different Judge from the one that was on the court papers. The conversation was similar like bellow:

J: Hi Mr xxxx what you doing here? :confused:

Me: I come to tell you that I got my claim settled in full. Technicaly I dont have the money yet, but the cheque clears tomorrow on my bank.

J: Why? You did not have to come. :confused:

Me: But the court staff told me to come. I called them twice to inform them that I had the payment but they told me to come anyway. Do you need a copy of the letter I prepared for the court and Abbey?

J: You dodnt need to. The case is closed. You dont need to give any acceptance letter. You have cashed the cheque. This is enough. :o

Me: Ok. I would like to talk to you about my personal expences for the case.

J: Sorry Mr xxxx but I can not award anymore costs. You have been paid you court fees so that is enough.

Me: Yes but because of the Banks way of hadling the case I had to prepare the court bundle...... etc.

J: Mr xxxx you have been lucky getting your money. I had to put on stay so many cases today and they will not cleared until the high court case. So forget any other costs.

So I spent my day at court to attend the hearing that I dont need to attend and have the judge telling me that I dont get any more costs awarded.

So for whoever is in the process of going to court. If you have not put your personal expences in the court bundle do it before. Dont wait after the case is resolved. Is up to the judge if he wants to hear for any costs but at least they will know before the hearing.

Good luck to all of you that have to go to court..........