Dante Hicks vs Barclays Bank

Dante Hicks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Have just received my statements from Barclays and have totalled the charges up to £1,580 (not including any interest).

Currently I am using the letter template to send off on Monday but I do have one question; my account was closed a few months ago (I am going through the CCCS - and yes, of course I will tell them if/when the debt is reduced!). I *think* I was asked to sign something as part of the CCCS process (from Barclays) which meant I was defaulting the account.

I am not that bothered by the default notice (it's one of a few) but I don't know whether I should refer to this in my initial letter. The basic template says :

Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

Now, clearly the £1500+ of charges they've levied to my account didn't help, but the overall level of the default was a little over £3,000. The amount I was past my overdraft limit was less than £1,500 but the entire OD was cancelled as I broke several agreements. I've checked the Data Protection Act section but that seems to apply where they've passed informaiton without my knowledge - which isn't the case here (Barclays referred to me to the CCCS who informed of what would happen to my accounts). I probably consented as well.

Long story short; do I bother mentioning the default at all (I don't want to be bogged down whether the account was "really" defaulted) in the initial letter?

If I don't get any idea, I'll send the letter as is (without reference to the default).

Thanks in advance.