Erudio Loan Terminated

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

I have been reading the forum on this subject but just wanted to run by my situation to check I'm doing the right thing....

I have 6 loans from SLC from 1995-2000 which were sold to Erudio and a later post grad loan from 2018 (which I can access on SLC portal but not the older ones).  I have been deferring the loans each year with Erudio online until 2019/2020. 

Over the last year when trying to defer online I kept getting refused as I chose to present bank statements to show my earnings from work rather than payslips as I thought this was sufficient.  Apparently they wrote to me to tell me this specifically but I don't remember reading this specific so I continued to send in another deferral and this was refused again. 

I then had to deal with a seriously ill family member and was somewhat distracted until I received a notice that I have defaulted on loans and that they are now terminated.  I contacted Erudio by phone who said they would put my points into a complaint and refer it higher up but they couldn't reinstate the deferral as I had breached the contract as it was over a year since I had last deferred. 

They have sent me a copy of my last agreement from 2000 with no signatures, a letter that they are looking into the compaint and another letter saying by balance is now due in full and to pay immediately, agree payment plan or settle .  I am pretty sure that I haven't received all the post they had said was sent regarding defaults (although got these ones!) 

What should be my next step?

Should I send an old SLC deferral form to SLC & Erudio or is that negated now as I have been deferring with Erudio for last few years? 

wish I'd know about this forum earlier or I would have never engaged with these crooks😔 

Thank you so much for reading.

Edited by dx100uk
formatting/spacing only - no issue

good idea...never engage should have used the slc forms yes.

pers id be sending them an sar get all the info they hold.

i think they are being padantic by saying bank statements are no good.

you should get out of this ok and have your deferal reinstaed.

stop talking on the phone!! they lie lie and lie again.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you -shall I send both SLC & Erudio a SAR?  What should I be looking out for in the info they hold?

Yes including the Post-grad loan I actually have 7 in total!

just send erudio an sar <<clickme

irresponsible lending doesn't cover govt debt ...and anyway there are for education al courses.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...