Diminuation of future prospects by the HSBC

calconnor66

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:razz: Apologies in advance for this as it is a long one!!!!

I have entered my claim in court with HSBC, and I am awaiting their response, all this has given me time to ponder on the damage that they have done to my financial record in the last year or so.

I got into difficulties late last year as my husband came out of work for three months due to a back injury.

I called the bank to ask could I have my overdraft increased for a few months as I knew full well at that time that I felt I may not be able to cover the direct debits mortgagee payments etc. They declined this request as I had not conducted my account properly recently (wasn’t that the reason I was contacting them! ) .The bottom line was I was hit with charges coming to about £300 per month, which seriously impacted on my ability to continue paying my bills. They basically helped themselves to my money and left me high and dry with the world and his wife screaming for their money back. The final upshot to this is I have many entries in my credit file, which now states late or missed payments.

Given that the banks have acted unlawfully in taking this money and if they would not have taken such a high amount I may have been able to pay at least some of these bills and not have had to contend with having these entries on my credit file.

Do you think that there is any scope to ask for these to be removed because they were a result of their bank charges? As I would not have had most of these registered on my file if they had played fair, Do you think a judge would ever rule that they should be removed as they were registered as a result of unlawful activity by the bank?

Or does the term clutching at straws ring true here? Worth a try though