capitol one v maybelline

maybelline

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think I might have had an account with these people, many many years ago, but have no record of it at home, or anywhere else, however, I am getting some very pushy letters from them in the last few weeks stating I owe them a large sum? they are threatening me with Section 69 fo the county courts act, bailiffs, taking money from my salary etc etc, letter is from Hamptons Legal, does anyone know of them. I am thinking maybe a CCA request is the way to proceed.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

thanks for quick reply, will do so.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Guest Battleaxe

Maybelline,

have you read the FAQ's and download the letterfor the CCA request. I think it is in the Templates Library. Stick to the tried and true format others have gone through and you wont go too far wrong. I am sure there are others far more experienced than I , who will able to advise you.

• 1 month later...

sent off CCA request and rec'd reply giving themselves more time to find it, I will stick to the timetable allowed in regs.

Yes stick to your timetable. It's up to them to get things to you in time. You control the process.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 weeks later...

letter recd ' capitol one is no longer dealing with your account. it has been sold to lowell group. they will be contacting you shortly.'

as prev mentioned if this exists then it is a pre six yrs back.

then why did a co called Hamptons write to me?? I am confused.