VCS Spycar PCN Claimform - no stopping JLA Liverpool Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, well done.

However, I agree with dx, VCS are one of the most crooked of the PPCs and are quite capable of sending court papers to you old address.  You need to send them a further, short letter -

Dear Simple Simon,

Re: PCN XXXXX

would you please note that I no longer live at XXXXX and now reside at XXXXX.

Send if off 2nd class with a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.  Write you name at the bottom but don't sign.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It is a shame that you revealed you were the driver as their NTK was not compliant with PoFA so that would have prevented them from transferring the liability of the debt from the driver to the keeper.

As you admitted you were the driver they can pursue you as the driver. All is not lost- only the other day a motorist had a similar experience to yours-a breakdown on an airport. At the last moment they cancelled the case. 

Just reply with the snotty letter by day 30

Let it run till near the 30 days

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

use our enhanced google searchbox 

elms snotty letter

just needs a few words switching to highlight how inept simple simon their client is and how many no stopping cases he has lost...no rush run the 30days 1st!

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you have the 30 days, they then must investigate for 30 days before they can issue a court claim IF IF IF they ever do.

its written in the pre action protocol.

they must give you 30 days to respond to the LOC.

then when/if you reply, they must wait a further 30 days from your reply date.

dx

and they

Hello everyone, 

Just a little update. I have sent another SAR request yesterday, this time to DBCL.

They have put my case on hold for 30 days (until 4 dec). 

Today I have received response :

"Our client has informed us that they sent over their data to yourself on 28 October 2021, however, please find attached the evidence and the data we hold."

However I cant find my snotty letter to VCS among SAR received through DBCL. 

Should I need to wait another 30 days? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

So almost 30 days passed since last LBC. I am trying to send reply. here is the draft

Addres

Date xxxxxxx

Your Reference No. xxxxxxxxxx

With regards your letter date xxxxxx

Dear Elms Legal,

with reference to your speculative invoice Ref xxxxxxxx

Yet another Letter Before Claim!  Thanks!  A final final final final final final chance to pay.  As I told your client, VCS, when I received theirs sent on xxxxxxx, so you seem to think I owe them money?

There is absolutely no intention of contributing to what must almost certainly be your healthy income by paying the above without substance  VCS claim.

You know and I know and now you know that I know all the reasons why VCS airport claims are utter pants.

How many times have you been hammered in court on airport claims?  Want another one?  Then fine, I will go for an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) and then spend it all on a foreign holiday after all borders reopen while laughing at your expense.

I look forward to your deafening silence.

Kind regards,

looks OK

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It just needs to be tweaked as it's going to Elms, not VCS.  So -

How many times has your client Simple Simon been hammered in court on airport claims?  Does he want another one?  Then fine, I will go for an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) and then spend it all on a foreign holiday after all borders reopen while laughing at your and your client's expense.

All the rest is fine.  Write at the bottom

COPIED TO SIMPLE SIMON, VEHICLE CONTROL SERVICES LTD

Invest in two 2nd class stamps, send off copies to both Elms and VCS, and get two free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good evening everyone

I have received Claim form

Which Court have you received the claim from ? Money Claims Online, County Court Business Centre, NN1 2LH

Name of the Claimant Vehicle Control Services Limited

Claimants Solicitors: Elms Legal Limited

Date of issue – 21 January 2022

Date for AOS - 16 January 2022

defence date 22/02

What is the claim for – 

1.The Claim is for a breach of contract for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land.

2.The Defendant's vehicle, XXXX XXX, was identified in the Liverpool John Lennon Airport on the xx/xx/2018 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited. At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver.

3. The terms and conditions upon entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct.

4.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply, namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability.

The Claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice,

contractual costs and interest.

What is the value of the claim? £245

Amount Claimed £160

court fees £35

legal rep fees £50 

Total Amount £245

claimform2.pdf

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to VCS Spycar PCN Claimform - no stopping JLA Liverpool Airport

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

………….

plenty of JLA court threads to read here

they'll sort you ..

dx

• Like 1

and they

Thanks for such a quick response...

I would like to fill defence straight away. Or should I wait?

Here is the draft

1.  It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of xxxxxxx

2.  It is denied that the Defendant breached any terms and conditions set on private land.

3.  The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety.  It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.

you run it till 4pm day 33

thats not quite enough either

there are better ones for JLA.

and they

1.  It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of xxxxxxx

2.   As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance.  The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner.  Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim.  The proper claimant is the landowner

3.  It is denied that the Defendant breached any terms and conditions set on private land.

4.  It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant, or broke any such contract.

5.  The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety.  It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.

• Like 1

Well done.

Fellow Site Team member Andyorch has recently pointed out how these disgraceful companies wait for years to sue so they can add more interest. 

So change your (5) to (6), and add a new (5) -

5.  The Defendant's invoice was issued in early April 2018 and it is unreasonable for the Defendant to delay litigation for nearly four years and to claim 8% interest for that whole period.

As dx says, don't file this early.  Obviously don't file at the very last minute in case MCOL is down.  A couple of days before the deadline is fine.

• Like 2

Dave, I think you mean 'Claimant' in the new 5 above 😊

• Like 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Well spotted Gick.  I must stop posting at two in the morning!

Doomtrooper, please note my mistake.  Instead file

So change your (5) to (6), and add a new (5) -

5.  The Claimant's invoice was issued in early April 2018 and it is unreasonable for the Claimant to delay litigation for nearly four years and to claim 8% interest for that whole period.

To answer your question, you can simply file the defence on MCOL.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...