VCS/ELMS PCN PAPLOC now claimform - No Stopping - John Lennon Liverpool Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As DX says its Not a Fine and never can be its an invoice for an alleged breach of a contract VCS imagine you entered into by stopping on a site they infest. Its not a Criminal matter, purely Civil  under Contract law.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Flamjam I am sorry that I missed this when looking through their WS and am unsure if you can use it in your defence if you have responded to their SWS already

It is taken fro the new Act -Private Parking Code of Practice which has been withdrawn for a short time-partly I suspect because the BPA have lost their bottle and do not want to ament their Code of Conduct since it would be admitting that their current one is unlawful.

However in this particular section what is stated holds true for  PoFA 2012 also.

It's Section 14 Relationship with the Landowner.

[3.] Where byelaws have been made, unless specific legal provision has been made to suspend them, they take precedence and therefore careful consideration must be given to ensuring that the parking management arrangements are consistent with them.

In their SWS  point 9 they say that Byelaws are arbitrary whereas they actually take precedence. 

So if you could find that it should be known to the VCS legal department also or if they were unaware of it why do they bother with a Legal department. Besides ignorance of the Law is no excuse. It beggars belief that they can say that Bye laws are arbitrary when under PoFA they are patently not, then have the effrontery to aver that they signed to say they are telling  the truth.

That was a blatant lie and you should call it out in Court.  They are trying to minimise the effect that Byelaws have in this case partly to help win their case and partly to pull the wool over your eyes and the Judge's. It is tantamount to perjury since there is no doubt that nay legal department would go over the new Act with a fine tooth comb.

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 1

• 2 months later...

Hi again all. 

Despite 2 letters being sent to VCS regarding changing the court date, they have failed to reply or acknowledge my request. The court date is next month, do I need to write to the judge to advise that I won’t be present for the hearing?

thanks

If you write to the court more than seven days before the hearing to inform of non-attendance, you won't be penalised and the court will take your WS into consideration.

However, realistically, if you're not around to challenge VCS's lies, you will lose.

Can you really not make it to the hearing?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Non-attendance of parties at a final hearing

(1) If a party who does not attend a final hearing–

(a) has given written notice to the court and the other party at least 7 days before the hearing date that he will not attend;

(b) has served on the other party at least 7 days before the hearing date any other documents which he has filed with the court; and

(c) has, in his written notice, requested the court to decide the claim in his absence and has confirmed his compliance with paragraphs (a) and (b) above,

the court will take into account that party’s statement of case and any other documents he has filed and served when it decides the claim.

If the court allowed a telephone hearing, could you make it?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yes, I remember.  Due to your brilliant success I wondered what had happened in Flamjam's case, as the cases are virtually identical.