Engine Fault - Winchester Car Sales Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought the car for my partner in April 2021.

Driving home i heard a tappet like sound and i assumed it was just that , tappets , so nothing to worry about.

after 3 months my parthner tells me the noise got worse, as i do not use the car due to having a van, i agree it has got worse and something must be wrong.

i visit a few garages and just ask them to listen. and they advise needs furthur inspection and not to drive it.

Called car dealer and returned with car as he wanted to inspect it at there garage.

There mechanic said something about oil and to do a complete fluch of system and change oil and filder and add addidtive . i did all this and then noise persists.

Dealer says it would be cheaper to get a new engine. but he will deal with it to get it done cheapo as possible.

left the car for 2 weeks and nothing had been done, he struggling to find an engine under 2k.

Basically in the end he has asked me to sort the issue out my self and refunded me £850 towards it.  Now an engine fitted i have sourced.

because of all the mssing about i agreed to fixing it myself but is it fair that i pay most of the money to get it fixed ?

Engine £1720

Fitting £600

Total £2320

the motor is less than 6mts in your possession, you should not be paying a penny under Consumer rights act!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You say that you feel as if you've been stitched up – but you been rather complicit in this as well.

Please can you post up what it is that you have signed when you accepted the money.

it was a form he did on pc, basically saying they wash there hands of the car for thie said amount paid..

i dont mind tbh as im getting the car fixed, engine is being delivered on monday to the garage who is fitting it.

i just wondered if what ive gone though is justified. a

what do you mean is justified by you/

you should not be havingto pay a penny under consumer law.

what if something else goes wrong/

you lumbered with that now too you accept his offer.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

get reading a few threads in the forum you started this one

under consumer laws like the consumer rights act 2015 (CRA) - outside of 30days but under 6mts if you purchase a pup vehicle, it's your responsibility to pay for a report (of which you can reclaim the fees if the trader agrees its his bag) the retailer should be fixing the faults if its not fair wear and tear, which within 6mts is rare they win on that claim.

IMHO you should not have to pay - as i've said

he cannot just wash his hands no!!

and they

I asked earlier if you could post up what it was that you agree to all it was that you signed when you accepted the money. You have done this but you simply given some kind of summary of it.

We need to see the actual writing please if you want the help and if you want the explanation.

please read upload and use PDF so we can zoom.

dx

and they