HERMES STOLE TWO PS5

On 26/05/2021 at 18:22, samps_SBM said:

Hi i am in the exact same situation as you...

sold two ps5  on ebay 2 days apart both were dropped off to hermes pickup spot and stolen in transit

can you tell me how i should go about claiming the  money back now

Edited by dx100uk
Format

I sold two ps5 on eBay posted them through Hermes two days apart both were stolen in transit.

dropped them off at a local parcel shop,  have dropped many more valuable things with him before so I doubt they took it out.

hermes is trying to get me to fill an affidavit which says I agree to a compensation according to their terms and conditions which will be max 25 pounds

.in another thread on this website I read this is not enforceable and it kind of makes sense too

I think I shouldn't be punished for Hermes having a thief in their company.

can anyone  tell me what I should do  now ? 

Is it worth filling a report to the police ?

I know they won't do anything but for formality 

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

Read a good few 10's of Hermes threads here...use our search in the red bar top right.

then time for a formal complaint letter outlining what you want, then if they fail rhat, onto a letter of claim and eventually a clurt claim, but you must not bluff!! And not follow thru at any stage..

gEt reading.....

dx

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

11 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

Read a good few 10's of Hermes threads here...use our search in the red bar top right.

then time for a formal complaint letter outlining what you want, then if they fail rhat, onto a letter of claim and eventually a clurt claim, but you must not bluff!! And not follow thru at any stage..

gEt reading.....

dx

Thanks man for the reply and sorting out my paragraph lol.

If Hermes was to pay £25 and as long as there is no full and final settlement condition attached to it then go ahead and accept it but of course check that there is nothing there there is requiring you to waive your rights.

If they pay the money into your account unilaterally – then that's fine. Nothing is preventing you from going on and getting the rest.

As advised by my site team colleague, start reading the many Hermes stories on this forum and then come back here