• Tweets

• you do NOT need to pay it and anyway that would not remove the ccj, its there on your file paid or not for 6yrs, a paid ccj even with a cert of satisfaction is as bad as a non paid one.   the ONLY way to remove it is to set it aside.   sadly you the very worst thing you could have done with ANY debt on your credit file or not that you last used or paid or wrote about to the debt owner in the last 7 yrs....you ran away,,,moved without informing the debt owner of your correct and current address.   erudio and drydens are masters at doing backdoor ccj's. they are ofcourse totally wrong that the defaulted date is the sb date...well not when your last written/signed ack of the debt was more than 6yrs before the claimform date.   now how do you remove it....go read that thread ...carefullly then comeback here and lets see if you understand how.   dx  
    • Thanks, having to move house and discovered this. It's causing a nightmare in trying to rent somewhere and mortgage was also refused by the bank.    Shortly after requesting info I got a warrant in the post from bailifs. Managed to halt that and pause any action till I get key dates to try and get this removed.   Not wanting to avoid paying it, just need the CCJ gone.   Appreciate your help. Will read fully although I am not great with law.
    • Write the letter. It's important that you put this in writing so that you have a paper trail. Send the letter by recorded first class delivery. Explain that because of the defect in the bundle which has manifested itself within 30 days – always refer to the bundle – you are now rejecting it under the consumer rights act 2015 and that you require a refund and you want to know what their arrangements will be for providing you with this. You can also send this by email – but do it straight away. This reserves your rights and after that you have some flexibility as to how you want to act. I understand that they are uncooperative. No surprises. Don't imagine either that they will be fazed by your letter – but the important thing is that you are able to show that you are asserting your rights. After that, they are acting unlawfully We will help you make a claim against them and I suppose that will involve threatening to sue them and maybe even going on to sue them. You will find interesting and you will acquire some transferable skills which will enable you to sue anybody else who gets in your way with a degree of confidence. However, it might be a good idea to mitigate your loss and I would suggest that you accept the money that they have put on the table but make sure that they understand that you are accepting it and you are happy with it and you consider that they still owe you the outstanding £70. If you are asked to sign anything then you should decline and then we will help you claim for the whole lot. However if they don't ask you to sign for anything, then make sure that they have a letter from you at the same time saying thanks very much do for the £250. You are accepting it but this should not be taken as an indication that you are now relinquishing your claim to the rest of the money. Tell us what you want to do – with you want to take the 250 or whether you want to simply reject the lot and claim for the lot. If you want to take the 250 – which I suggest that you do – and if they will give you the money despite the fact that you are still reserve your rights in respect of the balance, then come back here when you have that money and we will help you with the rest. If they refuse to give you the money unless you agree that it is in full settlement, then that becomes very interesting because it becomes very clear evidence that they are beating their obligations under the consumer rights act – and this gives you even greater leverage over them when you decide to confront them. The advantage of mitigating your loss is that there is less to sue for and that means that your court fees will be less – although you will get these back anyway when you win. Also, because they are only fighting to hang onto £70, they are more likely to put their hands up once they know you're serious. There is absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by taking the money that is available on the table subject to the reservation which I've indicated above.
    • Yes she might well have sunk the VCS ship, or put it on the rocks as it rehashes old stuff introduces nothing new.
    • Hello BF   As you caught, yes both items (console with digital game download) bought from GAME as an advertised bundle (still got screengrabs of the bundle/ad).   No letter sent but I did actually quote that specific 2015 act when trying to return it in-store. I was scrolling away online looking at consumer advice on my mobile as the manager was testing the console. It fell on the deaf ears of the store manager who wasn't entertaining the return/my query at all. They just kept saying there is nothing technically wrong with the console. I'd question whether the manager even knows about the CRA2015 considering their response/the lack of engagement.   I've not done anything formally but I'll write a letter. The store said I can pick up with customer services. I've went more along the lines of escalating from store to area manager. Their website is quite specific that in-store returns can only be made in-store. I'm awaiting a call from area manager next week but after todays update that they will withhold £70 I'm expecting a similar response.   It cost £250 in total. I traded in an old playstation as part of the deal. £100 trade-in value and £150 by debit card. For clarity I'm not expecting £250 back via debit. But £100 store credit and the £150 debit refunded was my sole expectation.   Thanks very much btw!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

UKPCM Windscreen PCN - appealed - rejected now DR+ - Private apartment parking London

Hi all, 

Newbie hereand I would like some advice please.

In 2016, my boyfriend and I went to visit a family friend who owned an apartment and a parking space in a gated underground car park that required a fob to get in.

She had not been provided with a parking permit then. She didn’t own a car and her visitors had always used her allocated parking space with her flat number written on it.

The next day we found a parking charge notice on our car and my boyfriend (who was the driver) appealed it, which was rejected. Mid 2017, he moved out of home and we didn’t hear from them till now when this was sent to his old house.

At the time my friend sent a page of the lease of part, which I have attached. She is currently abroad due to return in December so I cant get the other pages but I could request a copy of the lease from HM Land Registry

I’m not sure of what steps, if any we have to take next. Thanks

1 The date of infringement?

31/07/2016

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

Yes

(it was a few years ago)

Has there been a response?

Yes (it was rejected)

Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

No

5 Who is the parking company?

UK Car Park Management

6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

Private apartment parking London

docs.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPCM PCN - Private apartment parking London
  • dx100uk changed the title to UKPCM Windscreen PCN - appealed - rejected now DR+ - Private apartment parking London

thread title updated

it is not a fine its a speculative invoice

you are quite safe to ignore everything until/unless you get a letter of claim.

twill be statute barred 7/22

don't move without informing UKCPM 

shame he appealed next time don't!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Am I right in thinking that (1) your boyfriend was the keeper of the car and (2) they are writing to his old address?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Right.  The good news is that the PPCs are very reluctant to take "residential parking" cases to court because they know they are almost certain to get a good kicking from the judge.  You had permission from the owner to park in her space.  End of story. 

The bad news is that if you're not around to defend court action then the other party wins by default.  We have a steady trickle of people here who move, court papers turn up at the old address, they know nothing about them, they lose the case and even worse end up with a CCJ.

Easily remedied!  He needs to send UKPCM a two-line letter quoting the PCN and saying he has moved from X to Y.  Second-class stamp is enough.  He can get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.   

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

oppss missed that !!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Part of the property contract is missing -its the part about parking and whether a permit was needed. Normally there is no mention of permits as they come later when the greedy grasping illiterate car parking companies become involved. 

If that is case here then you have nothing to worry about. The property owner has supremacy of contract over  third rate  companies like UK parking out of control and their even lower grade debt collectors. {I am in a good mood today so I am treating them kindly].

You are not governed by them as they are a third party who cannot renegotiate the lease terms by over riding the property owner as confirmed by Pace v Mr N 2016

http://nebula.wsimg.com/c269da31b314e7cc17e383a625b5ae23?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

It is a transcript of a court case where Pace lost their case because of no Permit required. Yet still these hopeless idiots pursue motorists with their puerile claims. And so many people pay them when there is no money owed. You would have thought that something which is tantamount to fraud would have ben stopped by now. But the good old DVLA with their "Robust system in place " [yeah right] keeps providing the names and addresses.