UKPCM Windscreen PCN - appealed - rejected now DR+ - Private apartment parking London ***Statue Barred***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

Newbie hereand I would like some advice please.

In 2016, my boyfriend and I went to visit a family friend who owned an apartment and a parking space in a gated underground car park that required a fob to get in.

She had not been provided with a parking permit then. She didn’t own a car and her visitors had always used her allocated parking space with her flat number written on it.

The next day we found a parking charge notice on our car and my boyfriend (who was the driver) appealed it, which was rejected. Mid 2017, he moved out of home and we didn’t hear from them till now when this was sent to his old house.

At the time my friend sent a page of the lease of part, which I have attached. She is currently abroad due to return in December so I cant get the other pages but I could request a copy of the lease from HM Land Registry

I’m not sure of what steps, if any we have to take next. Thanks

1 The date of infringement?

31/07/2016

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

Yes

(it was a few years ago)

Has there been a response?

Yes (it was rejected)

Have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

No

5 Who is the parking company?

UK Car Park Management

6. Where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

Private apartment parking London

docs.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPCM PCN - Private apartment parking London
  • dx100uk changed the title to UKPCM Windscreen PCN - appealed - rejected now DR+ - Private apartment parking London

thread title updated

it is not a fine its a speculative invoice

you are quite safe to ignore everything until/unless you get a letter of claim.

twill be statute barred 7/22

don't move without informing UKCPM 

shame he appealed next time don't!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Am I right in thinking that (1) your boyfriend was the keeper of the car and (2) they are writing to his old address?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Right.  The good news is that the PPCs are very reluctant to take "residential parking" cases to court because they know they are almost certain to get a good kicking from the judge.  You had permission from the owner to park in her space.  End of story. 

The bad news is that if you're not around to defend court action then the other party wins by default.  We have a steady trickle of people here who move, court papers turn up at the old address, they know nothing about them, they lose the case and even worse end up with a CCJ.

Easily remedied!  He needs to send UKPCM a two-line letter quoting the PCN and saying he has moved from X to Y.  Second-class stamp is enough.  He can get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.   

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

oppss missed that !!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Part of the property contract is missing -its the part about parking and whether a permit was needed. Normally there is no mention of permits as they come later when the greedy grasping illiterate car parking companies become involved. 

If that is case here then you have nothing to worry about. The property owner has supremacy of contract over  third rate  companies like UK parking out of control and their even lower grade debt collectors. {I am in a good mood today so I am treating them kindly].

You are not governed by them as they are a third party who cannot renegotiate the lease terms by over riding the property owner as confirmed by Pace v Mr N 2016

http://nebula.wsimg.com/c269da31b314e7cc17e383a625b5ae23?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

It is a transcript of a court case where Pace lost their case because of no Permit required. Yet still these hopeless idiots pursue motorists with their puerile claims. And so many people pay them when there is no money owed. You would have thought that something which is tantamount to fraud would have ben stopped by now. But the good old DVLA with their "Robust system in place " [yeah right] keeps providing the names and addresses. 

• 10 months later...

Hello Everyone, I followed your advice and they sent a letter before claim to our new address. My boyfriend then replied back with an acknowledgment as stated in another thread. 

My friend also sent me the complete deeds and there was no mention of a parking management company. Anyway, we have heard nothing back and it is now past the 6 years since the infringement happened so we hope that is the last of it.

Thank you for your help😁

no harm in sending our SB letter then in the debt collection section of our library if you wish, suitably adapted for a speculative invoice

nail them in their box.

• Thanks 1

and they

• FTMDave changed the title to UKPCM Windscreen PCN - appealed - rejected now DR+ - Private apartment parking London ***Statue Barred***