Parcel2go/Hermes have lost my parcel!

Evening 

So i'm absolutely fuming and am a man of principles.

I sent an item via parcel2go through Hermes (Yeah I know) last week.  £5 odd delivery next day blah blah

Now the ebay tracking is slightly different to the hermes tracking, and the ebay tracking has changed today.

As you can see it was due to be delivered 16/9 but there was a delay

Then it was 17/09 and it came up due for delivery then the tracking said nothing ,

then the tracking said the courier was picking up the item 16/9 but I had posted it into a secure locker and it was collected on the 14/9,

then the friday 17/9 it said due for delivery, then we heard nothing. 

Suddenly on monday 20/09 at 12 noon it said delivered. 

Anyway he said no I havent got it.  So I tried to contact hermes ( impossible) and eventually started claim through parcel2go.  

This was 20/09

Today 22/09 they have refunded me the £5.44 postage.  I didnt ask for this, 

So i got home and messsaged the buyer as we had been chatting via ebay all weekend and he was asking whats happening with the parcel as the tracking made zero sense, then yesterday it updated and said secure delivery 17/09 delivered to household 1159PM!! 

Then delivered (again) 20/09 at 12 noon.

So I have a parcel that was delayed twice

Then magically delivered twice

And now I've been refunded? Despite saying delivered, for a £47 where they are basically saying tough luck heres £5 ps sorry we dont really know what the hell has happened go away

This is the parcel2go claim bit

I havent received any photo/gps stuff from hermes, not sure if I should when I dispute delivery, but surely by them refunding me and closing the case they are saying yeah we messed up

I know its not much but its a pair of headphones that I was paid £47 for via ebay, which now I dont have and it appears I will have to refund the buyer, I dont want a mark on my ebay, and he seems to have been understanding so far.

Anyone have any thoughts

The P2G claim below

Unfortunately your enquiry has been rejected.

Reason

We’re very sorry to let you know that we were unable to approve your claim in this particular instance.

Our records show that during the booking process, you opted against taking out parcel protection. Because of this, we unfortunately cannot compensate you for the value of the parcel's contents.

We've agreed to refund you the cost of delivery for this order in the hope that it will be of some consolation in this unfortunate circumstance.

Hermes Tracking BELOW FROM EBAY PS enquiry isnt resolved!!!!

• 22 Sep 2021
  • 6:31pm
  • Enquiry resolved
  •  
  • 22 Sep 2021
  • 4:39pm
  • Enquiry resolved
  •  
  • 22 Sep 2021
  • 2:52pm
  • Claims code issued
  •  
  • 20 Sep 2021
  • 12:00pm
  • Delivered
  •  
  • 17 Sep 2021
  • 11:59pm
  • Secure delivery - To household
  •  
  • 17 Sep 2021
  • 2:14pm
  • Due to be delivered today
  •  
  • 17 Sep 2021
  • 7:59am
  • On its way to the courier
  •  
  • 16 Sep 2021
  • 6:38pm
  • Delay - please allow 24 hours
  •  
  • 16 Sep 2021
  • 9:56am
  • Due to be delivered today
  •  
  • 16 Sep 2021
  • 8:42am
  • On its way to the courier
  •  
  • 15 Sep 2021
  • 4:18pm
  • At the customers local depot
  •  
  • 15 Sep 2021
  • 3:00pm
  • Delay due to major event
  •  
  • 15 Sep 2021
  • 8:06am
  • At the national sorting hub
  •  
  • 15 Sep 2021
  • 8:05am
  • At the national sorting hub
  •  
  • 14 Sep 2021
  • 7:05pm
  • Entered the Hermes network
  •  
  • 14 Sep 2021
  • 2:45pm
  • Collected from the ParcelShop
  •  
  • 14 Sep 2021
  • 6:15am
  • Dropped @ Parcel Locker
  •  
  • 13 Sep 2021
  • 3:12pm
  • Order placed
  •  
  • 13 Sep 2021
  • 3:05pm
  • Tracking number provided
  •  

9?imp=2046301&trknvp=cp%3D2380362%26ghi%

letter of claim time and then on to launching a court claim.

click above 100's of threads here you can read.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I hope what I have written makes sense?

I cannot believe they (p2g) or is it Hermes have just gone bang here's £5.

Yes I didnt take out insurance but I shouldnt have to, I have paid for delivery of a parcel and it appears it hasnt been.

Well apparently it has TWICE. Crazy eh.

The thing thats more annoying is my guy from ebay can click tracking from his end and see it says " enquiry closed "

When it isnt, they have just decided to close it.

Looking through some threads it seems a relatively easy process.

I know its going to cost me money but its the principle here and they deserve it

I presume I can just search for this claim letter and amend to suit? Anyone have any tips due to this off situation of it saying delievered (TWICE) then having a postage refund, which I dont want.

Thank you

its what they do as they think they have interpreted the rules properly, they either just refund postage or state go away you didn't take out the insurance.

matters not.

yours is very typical story of all of them here.

and ofcourse they are not not correct 

once you launch a court claim, and sometimes even on the issuance of a letter of claim, parcel2go( P2G) fold and refund you the full value of the item.

you should not end up out of pocket over this at all . and your PP account should not suffer either.

you'll see the letter of claim.

i'd get that running ASAP.

post it up here 1st if you wish and i'm sure our master @BankFodder will adviser any mods to it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you.  I will make a start tomorrow as I need to get to bed for work.

Amusingly I work for Royal Mail 

As a postman 😃

I do use my own company and should have here I guess.

Will be back tomorrow, thank you for all the replies so far, most helpful!!

Thank you

thought you lot go cheap parcelforce?? 

and they

Unfortunately no.  I do get free stamps at xmas 😀

I funnily enough sold two more items last night and both are going Royal Mail.  Which I will take in today and they go straight into the network, I know for example with a tracked item, it has a proper chain of tracking and if an item goes missing posties get in bother and im covered.  Lesson learned but I will proceed later as you have suggested.  Have a great day

Make sure you are fully prepared for your claims journey. Read as many of the Hermes stories on this sub- forum as you can.

I have made a start looking.

I presume I am taking parcel2go to court as I purchased the posage through them?

Im gathering that I need to send them a 14 day letter first.

Now I guess I need to reimburse my ebay guy before I begin proceedings? As far as ebay are considered my item states Delivered.

The fact it was delivered twice is irrelevant I guess?

But then the fact I have been refunded my postage "as a gesture of goodwill" means Hermes know something is untoward?

Last question for now

Am I claiming for £47 which was my loss since I sold them on ebay, or am I claiming for the full amount of replacing the lost item, which is around £200 for the eqivalent model new, sadly this white version is only available refurbished from the states for around $160 posted.

I am not after making money but unsure how I proceed here?

In an ideal world my sold item is in my posession but

Edited by vinny79

Sorry, I've been a bit preoccupied.

The first thing is that you can only sue for the declared value of the item which has been lost. This is been explained many times on the other Hermes threads and so you probably need to do some more reading so that you fully understand.

Even though the full value of what has been lost may be a lot more, you are bound by the amount that you declared because that is the risk that Hermes or  P2G took.

Which one do you sue? You can see either of them. You can sue P2G directly because your contract was with them. Alternatively you can sue Hermes using your third-party rights which are conferred under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Once again, this has been explained probably hundreds of times and I'm sorry but it seems that you haven't done the reading.

The letter of claim is a bit wordy – but it's fine.

Send it and then during the 14 days register an account with the County Court money claim website. Start preparing the claim – you can save your work as you go. Prepare a draft particulars of claim and post it here and we'll have a look.

I suggest that you also spend the next 14 days reading up the stories on this sub- forum so that you know your way around the procedure that you are embarking upon