#dpdlocal - Send 1 parcel and tracking has stopped, Phone call to start investigation...next Steps

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st Post,

So i needed to send back some goods to a ManF in the UK. Bit time conscience so decided to go with DPD Local as it's a fair price based upon 24hr delivery.

Sent 3 items within the same box, wrapped up in a Cardboard box, decided to use digital label (Retailer sticks a thin self adhesive Barcode on the box!) knowing from previous experience, i decided to print out a letter inside with Address of Sender and Receiver,  plus another sellotaped within a transparent wallet on the outside of the box, with receiver address shown.

All 3 items are actually faulty, so i declared them as 'Plastic Electronics' which they are, PCBs housed in plastic. Due to the fact they were faulty, DPD standard is £50 cover, so i boosted this to £100 only. In reality, 1x Good is worth £400 working, 2x Goods no longer manufactured but can be repaired which was the desired outcome est £1000. Plus insurance is 10% of the items declared sum, meaning £1000 is £100 fee inc the 20% VAT, expensive gamble either way.

DPD tracking stopped, so made a phone call and played dumb that i couldn't find my tracking number (Only given at point of drop off) and gave them my online DPD Reference number, Operator said this is useless. Only then i gave them my tracking number, then they asked me to repeated everything i have declared verbally, to start an investigation. 

Operator said they started an investigation and i should call back in 5 days...5 working day? No reference numbers, no nothing...take there word for it!

I can't seem to understand why we fill out paperwork, have to repeat ourselves, I packaged the box perfectly suitably including adding postage addresses in and outside the box. Gave it to DPD to delivery, yet they have no clue of the parcels whereabouts once collected.

Why would they ask me for the contents? Does this mean they have the authority to open any box within there possession? Feels like i've sold DPD my package, and i have to do all the legwork to get a service which is now late/delayed, written and verbal chasing and potentially filling out claim form. Doesn't make sense when we are told what our side of the contact is, wrap, stick, drop off..

What can i do now? 

I called Monday 20th Sept, and have to wait 5 days before chasing, again i chose DPD for trust and time..

Edited by Stemcell
C

Just read the terms and conditions, Interesting read.

My contract is with Parcels 2 go, and not DPD.

15. ADDITIONAL PROTECTION

For goods Transported within the United Kingdom and Internationally, if we cause the physical loss of or physical damage to any goods while we are Transporting them, and storage other than storage under Condition 11(c), we will pay you as follows:-

a) Where you have paid or agree to pay our charge for Additional Protection and we have agreed to the this: -

i) The most we will pay is £5000 per Consignment. We work this out by referring to the actual value of the Consignment as set out in Condition 15(b).

ii) Where "Additional Protection" is taken out and a Consignment is partially lost or damaged, we will only pay for the part, which is lost or damaged. Depending on Condition 15(b) nothing in this Condition will limit our liability for damages below £50 for any one Consignment.

iii) We will work out the actual value of any goods lost or damaged by referring to their repair, replacement, resale or market cost at the time and place of collection, whichever is less. The value we work out will not be more than the original cost of the item you have actually paid for, plus 10%.

b) If you ask for "Additional Protection", you must tell us the nature of goods to be carried. We will decide in our discretion whether "Additional Protection" will apply to any Consignment.

I paid an additional fee of £2.50 ex VAT, for protection to the full value £100. However in the terms above, it states above that the most they will pay is £5000, as i've paid the additional protection yet it doesn't actually detail the service price paid. They will set the price regardless of how much additional protection you pay for, is the way i am reading this.

So, i say the value is £100, and i pay £2.50 ex VAT. The above means i'm covered for £5000 irrespectively of what sum of money was paid. I gave them a value (Not disclosed as Inc or Ex VAT), yet they will decide the value worth. However, how will they know what 'plastic electronics' value is worth!?