• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

UKCPM/Gladestones Vanishing windscreen PCN Claimform - Parked in loading only bay - The Edition - 130 Colindale Avenue, colindale, London nw9 5HE ***Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Name of the Claimant ? UKCPM/Gladstone

Date of issue – 

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? P was issued small court claims form as the owner keeper by gladstones solicitor.

Particulars of the claim:

1.parked in breach of terms on signage ( @ location x) incurring PCN parking charge notice) PCN not paid in 28days. Claimant claims unpaid pcn from defendent as driver/keeper. despite demands being made defendant failed to settle outstanding liability.

I was not driver.

Driver is known to owner.

received letters initial from UK Car park management Limited. (IPC memeber)

Refused passing on driver info until they had provided all details of their right to mangage parking re contract with landlord, all images and evidence etc.

This was by letter not via their appeals service.

Letter was not responded to. (or refused can't remember exactly will check)

details of the event.

Night, signs not directly lit, small size writing poor placement.

Parked on loading bay.

Sign for loading bay was arguably not clearly marked, small sign high up behind the space, not visible as driving into it.

floor markings under car not visible once parked, and poorly light.

Private warden came, driver was by vehicle whole time, warden alerted driver to the fact they couldn't park there, driver removed the vehicle immediately on being informed of the restrictions.

What is the total value of the claim? Claimant claims £100 for PCN, £60 contractual  re Ts & Cs + £21 statutory interest.

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Received many letters most probably got one advising of a claim if not paid etc (will check)

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Claimant issued UKCPM

More Details:

Defence was filed with small claims court. :

Defence points were, no agreement, signs not visible/readable, no opportunity for arbitration before making a claim.

Their independent Appeals service (required as part of their right to access DVLA info) is not independent as it's funded by the parking company and their paid lobbying group IPC.

Claimant has sent N180 directions questionnaire.

Defendent (me) has not filled N180 yet . Not sure what to answer.

Edited by dx100uk
Removal of unnecessary stuff

No to mediation

1 wit you 

Rest is obv

did you send cpr 31.14?

Can we have date of the  claim form and incident location

I notice you've filled out the debt claim form questionnaire ???? Why.....please use the correct one on the home page of this private parking forum.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPM/Gladstones PCN claim form - residential parking

Name of the Claimant : UK Car Park Management Limited

Claimants Solicitors: Gladstones solicitors Limited

Date of issue – 05/08/2021

Date for AOS - AOS Submitted already

Date to submit Defence - Defence submitted already

What is the claim for –

1.The driver of the vehicle with registration (redacted) (the 'Vehicle') parked in breach of the terms of parking stipulated on the signage (the 'Contract') as THE EDITION - 130 COLINDALE AVENUE COLINDALE LONDON NW9 5HE, on (date redacted end of 2019) thus incurring the parking charge (the 'PCN').

2.The PCN was not paid within 28 days of issue.

3.The Claimant claims the unpaid PCN from the Defendant as the driver/keeper of the Vehicle.

4.Despite demands being made, the Defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liability.

THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £100 for the PCN,

£60.00 contractual costs pursuant to the Contract and PCN terms and conditions, together with statutory interest of £21.13 pursuant to s69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at 8.00% per annum, continuing at £0.04 per day.

What is the value of the claim?

Amount Claimed : £181.13

court fees £35

legal rep fees £50

Total Amount £266.13

1) Ok to first points

2) I have not send cpr 31.14

3) issue date 5//08/21

4) Incident location The Edition - 130 Colindale Avenue, colindale, London nw9 5HE

5) yeah I was confused by the questions a bit. Figured they were combined forms or something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPM/Gladstones PCN claim form - residential parking - The Edition - 130 Colindale Avenue, colindale, London nw9 5HE

get this running tomorrow

and

no to mediation

1 wit you

rest is obv

3 copies

1 to the court

to gladdy's 

1 for your file

your doing fine well done!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You've obviously done loads of research into why their claim is total pants - excellent work.

You have a great chance of seeing off these fleecers.

Take the steps dx has suggested tomorrow.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ok thanks guys. really appreciate the reassurance. Yeah i'll get those done today/tomorrow. I kind of sent a CPR request as my initial appeal of the ticket to them which they ignored. I'll send it again and copy it to the court. Is it ok to email this to the court to the same email address I sent my defence to or does it need to go by mail?

Also I can't seem to login to moneyclaim anymore, it's asking for a gateway id which I didn't create nor need to respond to the initial claim form I used the claim form id to login?

Edited by dx100uk
links removed - irrelevent twaddle

There's no point copying the CPR request to the court.

Later on in you Witness Statement for the court you can bring up that they didn't bother to answer or answered only partially.

No idea about MCOL, sorry, but those that know it well should be on later.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You send cpr to sols only

Use post for the n180 to court and sols

Go create a gov gateway id on the .gov.uk website

and they

no you get reading up

cag is predominantly a self help site

there are 1000's of threads here in this same forum.

read a good few 10's so you know what might be next, whats to come, how to respond, and the whole court process if it goes the whole way.

we dont nurse maid..

dx

• Like 1

and they

• 8 months later...

Court case next week with UK CPM and  Gladstones Solicitors in a week.

What do I do? I have no clue how this works and I can't find any posts on here about actual cases.

I received a letter saying

Claimant Not Attending

The Claimant, without intending any discourtesy, hereby gives notice that it will not not be attending the final hearing.

This notice is given pursuant to CPR 27.9 (a) and (b).

The Claimant kindly requests its attendance be excused and that the claim be decided in its absence.

The Court has been notified of the Claimant's non-attendance and have been asked to deal with the Claim in the Claimant's absence.

Claimants witness Statement has been received

We act for the claimant in the above matter.

Please find attached, by way of service, the Claimant's Witness Statement.   

The assumption is that our Client is not attending the hearing and therefore we kindly request this notice be treated as a notice pursuant to CPR 27.9. However on some occasions our Client may wish to attend and will do so.

We confirm the statement has been filed at the Court

Timeline

Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) submitted to court in Sept 2021

Defence Received by court Sept 2021

Requested Transfer to Local Court in Barnet in Directions Questionnaire.

Received letter from court saying case was  transferred by a proper officer to Shoreditch Dec 2021

Received email from Claimant's Witness Statement from Claimant's Solicitor May 2022
Received email stating Claimant would not be attending

Claimants witness statement is attached below. (private info redacted)

My observations:
section 14 typo on key contract term? (probably not relevant)
section 15: "Sign is clearly displayed and defendent would have had the opportunity to read and understand them when entering the car park"
(This loading sign is fixed to the lampost facing away from the entrance of the car park as shown in their own photo evidence and also fixed to the rear of the direction the car is parked and is not directly lit)

Section 16: "Sign states Parking charge..."

(this is written in very small text not clearly readable from a vehicle when entereing as shown by their photos) Also lighting conditions were bad, you can see that the photo is taken with a flash and it's still poor quality, the street lights are high up away from the signs.)

Section 19: Motorist..always has the option to leave

(they are claiming against the keeper, but the driver on asking the ticket officer and being made aware of the terms of contract immediately left the car park. Ticket officer was wearing a chest camera which footage was requested in ticket appeal but never provided)

Section 28: PCN not affixed pursuing registered keeper
(Why was a ticket not affixed when the ticket inspector who took the photos was at the vehicle and also spoke with the driver?)

Section 32: "The defendent having read the sign and deciding not to park in accordance..."
(the defendent is the registered keeper and not the driver and therefor was not able to read the sign nor make the decision to park the vehicle there or not)
(also the signage was poorly light, positioned and small writing didn't make terms clear to the driver particularly onerous terms were placed at the bottom of the sign in small writing not at the top in bold writing)

Section 33: "Photo of Sign Shows it was loading bay and that vehicle was parked in it.... No reason as to why the defendent would not have seen the sign"

(sign is behind the direction of entrance to the car park, behind the direction the vehicle is facing and even in the photo the sign can not be read that it is a loading bay)

(defendent is the keeper and was not there)

Section 35: "Additional costs of £60 claim due to late payment"

(payment not made because the did not respond to requests for information to verify the validity of their right to a charge, the parking contract with landowner requested by defence during initial appeal directly with the parking company (claimant) but not provided by the clamiant at the time so drivers details not passed on as no reasonable evidence of contract provided including previous points above)

Exhibit GS2: Scan of sign "If unsure please seek further advice from cpm or refrain from parking"

(driver asked the ticket officer present if they could park there, on being informed they couldn't park there the driver removed the vehicle from the premises)

Exhibit GS4 : signs clearly not readable in photos where car is shown and behind vehicle

clamiant witness statement redacted.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPM/Gladestones Vanishing windscreen PCN Claimform - Parked in loading only bay - The Edition - 130 Colindale Avenue, colindale, London nw9 5HE

I haven't done a defendant witness statement. Does this need to be given before or only on the day at the court.

Can I bring my own photos of evidence ? I was thinking of showing some info on the size of the lettering on the sign and comparing it to the law for road traffic signage requirements.

look at the order the court sent giving the date of the hearing.

typically 14 days prior to the court and the claimants sols.

if they are not attending, if you file your WS with exhibits in time and attend, 9/10 you'll win if the claimant does not attend.

how come you dropped so many balls in this claim.

you seem intelligent but not keeping up with what you should do and when.

21 hours ago, Picante said:

Court case next week with UK CPM and  Gladstones Solicitors in a week.

looks like you've dropped the ball on the 14 days too...........

and they

What do  I write in the witness statement?

I'll send it tomorrow. Better late than never.

I had no clue about what to do and looked it up late.

Also I can't login to that money claim thing. Is there actually any info on there at all relevant to the court procedure.

what do you mean you cant log in to mcol?

have you ever used it yet for this claim?

dx

and they

opps probably wont work now as the claim has been allocated to your stated local court.

lots of ukcpm claimform threads here with what a WS should look like & what to include.

there should have been an operator windscreen ticket issued (vanishing windscreen ticket - ukcpm are renound for pulling this stunt.)

and that PCN (15/11/19) should not have been issued at all. and they have not issued a notice to keeper that should  have been issued between days 28-56.

as per POFA 2012.

dx

and they

I managed to log in once to setup the account and fill in one thing I think. After that none of the log ins worked and I couldn't find any info online how to use it that was relevant.

It kept asking for a government gateway id, which i created but then that never had anything linked to the case or something.

Ok thanks i'll get reading.

I thought they could give the notice to keeper earlier if a ticket had not been given to the driver.

Edited by Picante

What day is the case next week?

You said you couldn't find any court cases, we have plenty in our Successes subforum, link below. These should show other people's WSs.

As dx says, your WS is normally due about 14 days before the case is heard, the court should have told you what the judge ordered.

HB

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I've not received any correspondance from the court since the 17th December when they said the hearing was being moved to the county court in Clerkenwell and Shoreditch.

Only things i've received was a couple of emails from the claimants solicitor which were the witness statement and the notification that the claimant will not be in attendance which I received 30th May 2022

Case is on Monday

Edited by Picante

n157 allocation

then general orders from the court

so how do you know the hearing is next week?

who told you that?

dx

and they

HI Honeybee13

Thanks for your assistance.

Incorrect.

I posted a timeline couple of comments above.

I submitted my defence and N180 form in Sept 2021 and the court acknowledged it's receipt.

In that N180 form i requested the case be moved from Coventry (i think it was) To my local court in Barnet where the incident occured.

Then I got a letter from the court in Dec 2021 saying the case was moved to Clerkenwell, (which is near enough but not preffered as much as barnet)

I've not received anything from the court since Dec 2021

My issue with www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I have the original claim form I received from the court.

It says to log on to above address

using the claim number and the following password.

I enter the claim number and the password making sure to keep the correct mixed case of letters for the password.

It says I have the wrong claim number or password.

(these worked the first time I used them but not since)

My appologies.

The last letter I received was in 21 January 2022

Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing)

Face to face hearing will take place 13th June 2022 at County court Clerkenwell.

I spoke to MoneyclaimsOnline and was told that because the case was transferred to Clerkenwell it's no longer online and Moneyclaims online won't work. and I need to deal directly with the court.

Edit:

I found this leaflet EX306 that gives some basic details of the process. (maybe helpful for people in the same position reading this in the future)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/725675/ex306-eng.pdf

And you can find a kind of directory of court forms here

WWW.GOV.UK

Find court and tribunal forms, including divorce, probate, deed poll, money claim, help with fees and social security tribunal forms.

Edited by Picante

Who told you the hearing is 13th June?

Dx

and they