ParkingEye Wrong reg PCN - St Marks, Wrexham - appeal+ Popla - refused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone use non@ParkingEyeLTD in Wrexham,

I received a fine which transpires to be because someone messed with the digits immediately before I input my reg, my full reg didn‘t fully show but enough to see its my car. Now facing £100 charge for something I paid for!

I entered my details in good faith and paid for parking, returning early.

I’ve appealed through Popla who uphold Parking Eyes charge, just cannot understand how they have the right to charge me when I paid, they can identify my car, and if they checked their own video would be able to see people at the machine immediately before me.

How can they get away with this?

I don’t seem to be able to appeal to anyone with common sense.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• Lyco changed the title to @ParkingEyeLTD in Wrexham unfair fine

Don't worry, there is a legal term called "de minimis" which means "the law does not deal with trivialities".  You paid.  Parking Eye got their money.  You don't owe them a bean.

We haven't seen a parking company take anyone to court for a long time over incorrect registration cases, simply because they know they'd lose.

BTW it's not a fine, it's an invoice, a private company doesn't have the power to fine someone.

Can you please fill in the forum sticky below?  We may already have experience of the car park and the fleecers have to send their documentation out according to a legal time frame and often they don't -

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi thanks for reply, can I just check do you mean for me to start a new topic as a post and copy the headings in with my info?

sorry just not clear where to post that.

also is it useful to have all correspondence from the parking company as they had some massive file they submitted to Popla?

thanks

Lynne

no just do the Q&A link please

you are more than welcome to scan up everything in/out to ONE MASS PDF.

but ENSURE you redact all stuff that could ID YOU to THEM reading here, like ref no's and QR/Barcodes.

read our upload guide carefully

shame you appealed next time DON'T !! as you ID yourself as the driver as remove your protection underPOFA2012 bso no wonder POPLA threw it against the wall.

you won't lose a wrong reg speculative invoice claim if it ever went to court. the Gov't are just about to rule wrong reg is not an excuse to try an flece motorists anyway. also not sure where you are getting this notion its a FINE?? who told you that or used that word?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

From the link I put up copy and paste the part about ANPR capture (which i presume your case is) and then answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Do it here, no need for a new thread.

We'd like to see the original PCN please.

If you want to upload the rest, OK, but it's not really essential.  We can guess that PE wrote pages & pages of tripe that you didn't abide what their signs told you to do.  POPLA agreed.  While all the time there is the proper law in England & Wales which says you're in the right. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

OK, thanks, please do so when you have time.

If you want a good laugh, read post 14 at  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/435008-smartcst-anpr-pcn-paploc-wrong-reg-hardwick-road-stockton-on-tees/?tab=comments#comment-5111577  This is a letter mainly the work of forum regular Lookinforinfo.  It contains all the legal arguments about why you're in the right.  It was sent in May after a threat by the parking company to take a motorist to court but strangely the parking company have been conspicuous by their silence since!

The legal term for it is De-minimis, a trifle, and will be excluded from forthcoming government guidelines as a reason to invoice and fleece.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Please complete the questionnaire

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to ParkingEye PCN - St Marks, Wrexham - appeal - refused
  • dx100uk changed the title to ParkingEye Wrong reg PCN - St Marks, Wrexham - appeal+ Popla - refused

De minimis as DX said, ignore everything (and it will be a lot of guff you'll get) until you get a Letter Before Claim, then send a response to the idiots threatening court action and copy it to Parking Eye the same as in post 14 in the thread DX quoted above.

It will be a laugh if they take this to court.

In future never appeal to the PPC or POPLA.

Edited by Homer67

Thanks guys, sorry about the files have checked more thoroughly so hopefully in order and legible. I see from replies that I now need to wait to get a 'letter before claim' and then reply using the example as a basis. It is shameful that their appeals process gets you deeper in the mire...

so just wait to be hassled and then write?

1 Date of the infringement

03 June 2021

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

7/06/21

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

please do not put JPG Picture files into your post

3 Date received

11/06/21

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes they sent many images showing my car and reg number. 

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

Yes, I initially appealed to Parkingeye sending them a scan of my ticket. They didn't accept the appeal and sent a massive file of information, and then I appealed through Popla who agreed with ParkingEye. The issue is that someone had been at the machine immediately before me and moved away as they were part of a family group who were also using the machine beside me. I thought nothing of this and put my reg in and paid for parking. It wasn't until the second appeal that I actually realised what the problem was and felt that ParkingEye didn't point this out clearly at all so I had based my appeal on the grounds that I paid the correct money, stayed under the time allocated and was in a parking bay, I really didn't know what the issue was, so Popla then threw it out as I didn't really know what I was appealing against. If they used their video to show who was at the machine it would show someone had input some digits immediately before me which I was unaware of and then I input my correct reg but the other digits hadn't cleared before I did so. So the parking ticket shows a partial reg proceeded by digits input by someone else. However it is clear to see it is my reg.

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

Yes, I have a lot of documentation from them..

7 Who is the parking company?

ParkingEye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

St Marks, Wrexham

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

Popla

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

Parking charge files final.pdf

thread tidied.

yes await a letter of claim if one ever comes!!

and they

all of whom are useless.

dx

and they

Forget CAB in relationb to PPC fleecer's, they are likely to advise you to pay them in easy instalments.

• Like 1

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 3 months later...

Hi I had been waiting for the Letter of Claim but never received one,

today I received a Final Notice with 14 days to pay.

The letter indicates possible further action. It also mentions the Supreme Court ruling in their favour re Beavis 4th Nov, 2015.

On the back I'm informed that they are open to alternate dispute resolution if I write to them on a without prejudice basis..

I'll get that scanned and uploaded, any advice appreciated as to the next steps

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

If it's not a Letter of Claim you can safely relax & ignore.

Hi I had been waiting for the Letter of Claim but never received one,

however today I received a Final Notice with 14 days to pay.

The letter indicates possible further action. It also mentions the Supreme Court ruling in their favour re Beavis 4th Nov, 2015.

On the back I'm informed that they are open to alternate dispute resolution if I write to them on a without prejudice basis..

I'll get that scanned and uploaded, any advice appreciated as to the next steps

Final Notice letter Jan 2022.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

No reply pack so not a letter of claim

same letter in most PE threads if you go look at them yourself ..

DX

and they

Did it include a response pack, asking for details of income etc?

• 6 months later...