• Tweets

• @maroondevo52 what appears to be happening, is that the companies arranging vaccinations have been provided with bulk supplies of both flu and covid boosters. So the staff doing the vaccinations have trays with both ready to go into arms.                       
    • EON may have paid £89 refund in error and now they want it back.   Up to you really. But once you have sent the copy death cert that should stop any further communications.  You can of course look to take this further, but whether you would easily gain any compensation, is the question that you need to ask yourself.  They may dig their heels in and you then get into months of ping pong communications.
    • Great thanks, will leave 2 in then, replace 3 and I think its good to go.    This is exactly what I have in my word file ready to send, I think im happy with it and can send to mcol monday morning. Any further thoughts or things to update please let me know.   Again thank you both for your help, really is priceless.         Defence:   1.     The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.    2.     The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.   3.     Paragraph 1 is noted. It is accepted I have in the past had agreements with New Day LTD RE Aqua. I do not recall the precise details or agreement nor the claimant either having failed to plead an agreement/account number within its particulars of claim and have therefore sought verification from the claimant.   4.     Paragraph 2 is noted but until such time the claimant can clarify the agreement account number any breach has yet to be proven.      5.     I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served by either the Claimant or New Day LTD RE Aqua pursuant to the Law of Property Act 1925.   6.     It is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant. The Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of the Agreement/Assignment/Default notice or Termination requested by CPR 31. 14, and will shortly be in default of my section 78 request, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   (a)   show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and; (b)   show and evidence the breach and service of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) CCA1974 on which the Termination referred to relies upon. (c)   show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d)   show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;   7.     As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.   8.     On the 17th of November I requested to The Claimants Solicitors, Mortimer Clarke by way of a CPR 31.14 copies of the documents referred to within the Claimants particulars to establish what the claim is for. Mortimer Clarke have failed to fulfil my CPR 31:14 request.   9.     On the 16th of November I made a section 78 legal request to the claimant for a copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement. The claimant has as of of 06/12/21 failed to comply.   10.  By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
    • Hi just a quickie   Now in reference to my Post#2 here have they actually provided you with those policies that I pointed out and importantly a copy of there Public Liability Insurance?   If they haven't   Make sure and send them a little reminder adding to the letter in Post#32 that so far they have failed to provide these and you require clarification as to their reason for this failure     Dear Sir/Madam   Complaint Reference: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX   Further to my recent letter about this matter Dated XX/XX/2021 I would also like to add that so far you have still failed to provide the following:   Copy of your Compensation Policy (not the leaflet) Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) Copy of your Customer service Charter/Policy (not the leaflet) Copy of your Public Liability Insurance (not the leaflet) Copy of Repairs an Maintenance Policy (not the leaflet)   I asked for these is my letter to yourselves dated XX/XX/2021, to date you have failed to respond to this request nor is the Housing Association being Open and Accountable to it's Service Users and I require full clarification for the reason for this failure and when you are going to provide what I have requested.   If you refuse to provide these I require full clarification as to your reason with links to the relevant legislation and exactly which parts you are relying on for your refusal of my request.     Note: If they have answered this please ignore but from your responses I think they have tried to ignore this so you add this to put a rocket up their 'beep' so to speak.   You are more than welcome to the help it's what we are here for, you just look after yourself and take care     
    • The DVLA know less about POFA than my dog that died twenty years ago. They also never admit they have made an error.   Trading Standards would probably be a better avenue for you either on Council inaction on no pp thus appearing to aid and abet a PE scam, condoning PE committing an offence and allowing them to rip off the Council customers as well as financial impropriety by not insisting that PE pay for the requisite fees for permission. You could also complain to the ICO on the same grounds and get two investigations going.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Sky Listing Wrong Specs For New iPad 9th Generation(2021) On Website

Just ordered one online on a pretty mint 4 year interest free credit plan - but they have made a mistake and listed them as "5G Ready" on their website. I have just confirmed with Apple that only the new iPad Pro and Air models are 5G. The iPad is just 4G.

That's fine with me though, who needs 5G anyway.

The question is. Should I:

- inform them now and maybe they will reward me for saving them from any future consumer complaints, or

- wait until I've got it and then complain?

If I tell them now they might just offer me a refund, which I don't want. But if I wait until I've got it then I've got more leverage for possibly scoring a wee complimentary discount "for the inconvenience"..

This is not really the kind of thing we get into. I'm moving it to the Bear Garden for some light-hearted chat

Up to you really.

If you waited to complain, they are unlikely to compensate you, as they will say the price reflects the model you paid for.

Even if you made them aware of the error, they may already know about it and won't respond.

Personally, I would just email their customer services and point to the error.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just asking for a bit of quick advice. I would think getting some money knocked off for buying a product that doesn't do what it says on the tin seems quite reasonable to me. I'm not bothered about only 4G but (asides from the reservations I have about the safety of 5G - and that's coming from someone who spent 5 years working in Microwave Engineering) I did see "5G Ready" on the page I bought it and though "Hmmm.. no harm in having a 5G enabled tablet". I thought this is what I was getting, and I only realised after contacting Apple to confirm the device was also 4G enabled that it wasn't actually 5G enabled. I'm sure a lot of folk who buy it there will think the same, and some might not be too happy to find out it isn't.

If you look further into the specs there is another page listing all three iPad devices they sell and the information there is correct, but on the face of it (if someone didn't investigate fully) it would appear that they are selling this item as a 5G enabled tablet.

I also don't really see why this thread was moved because it's entirely relevant to the sub-forum I posted it in, and it's a consumer issue. Whatever..

The thread was moved because you are asking advice about deliberately taking advantage of someone else's mistake to gain some extra benefit.

If somebody tried to do that to you I expect that you would be very happy and you would say that it was unfair. You would be right.

As I've already said, this is not the kind of thing we get into.

• Like 1

Big fish. Little fish.

I bought a product that was marked wrong, through misleading information from a massive company and wondered how I should the raise the issue with them that might be to both our advantages, ie. both helping them while maybe being rewarded/compensated.

I'm entirely within my rights to do this and there's nothing unethical about it.

You'd think I was trying to commit fraud for pity's sake. Who has never tried to take advantage of a big company making a mistake? 

I used to get free credits from Apple for spotting spelling errors on iTunes.

The company made a mistake and I was sold a product under false pretences! Therefore I'm either getting less than what I thought I was paying for, or I can ask for a refund and several hours of my time have been wasted. How on earth you can turn that round on to me and try to make out that I'm the one trying to do a wrong turn is really quite something.. 

As you have so clearly demonstrated on this thread ……

If the 5G is so important to you : cancel your order on that basis.

If the 5G wasn’t an important part of your decision to order, let them know now, so they can fix it (& you’ll help others to whom it might be a deciding factor).

Simples.

Never any harm in making a complaint to any company about customer service and with some companies they really want to resolve any errors, offering compensation for helping them improve their service.

At one time companies saw customer complaints as part of their service improvement process, so if a customer took time to point out errors, they would be rewarded with a gift token or money off vouchers.

I wonder whether companies still see complaints in the same way ?

I can't see Sky being a company that thanks customers for their complaints offering rewards for pointing out errors.

Are Sky known as a brand that offers customer service excellence ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread