Refund Refused by Living Care for Day 2 and Antigen test

ANDREAMOUR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I’m due to go away to Fuerteventura on 3rd October so purchased the Day 2 and Antigen tests in advance as I’d heard there could be long waits for them. 
The government have now scrapped the process for vaccinated people of which we are fully vaccinated so no longer need the tests.

They are un-opened and still in the envelope as they were delivered on Tuesday.  

I messaged Living Care  before they arrived as I’d heard that they were due to be scrapped and asked for a refund but they refused saying due to the tests being allocated to us it wasn’t possible and that it was in their T&C.

I’d like to know where I stand with consumer rights as not dealt with this sort of return.

I’m sure I’m not going to be the only person now that they have been scrapped. 

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

how did you pay?

if by debit card why not try a chargeback to your bank?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I believe you have the right to change your mind within 14 days of a purchase but you needed to post this in the retail forum really as this has nothing to do with an airline or holiday company.

Not sure if it applies to health and hygiene related products: Would you accept to swab your nose with a kit that's been in another person's home?

I also leave here those scrumptious questions of a moralistic nature for you to consider:

-You got the product you asked for as ordered. Should the business incur costs to retrieve it from you?

-You have a working covid test. Shouldn't you be happy to use it to ensure you're fit to fly and don't risk your wellbeing as well as other passenger's in the process. Even if no longer required by law.

Of course, none of this will be of any use at this point in time since your trip has now happened. Hope it was fun and safe. Do let us know what you did in the end.

moved

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...