Initial Parking PCN - St Michael's Mount & Long Stay Marazion Car Park, St Michael’s Mount, Cornwall, TR17 0EN

Hi all,

Looking for your advise.

Took a short holiday to Cornwall last week and whilst there visited St Michael's Mount.

Parked in the car park paid for my ticket but a few days after I received a PCN charge of £100.00 for parking on the line of the parking bay.

When I arrived at St Michael's Mount it was wet and windy, the car park is gravel tracked and therefore I didn't actually notice there were parking bays marked.

Want to know if I should ignore, appeal or reluctantly pay. (I accept I was parked on the white line!)

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks

1 Date of the infringement

8 September 2021

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

13 September 2021

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]

please do not put JPG Picture files into your post

3 Date received

14 September 2021

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N/A

7 Who is the parking company?

Initial Parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

St Michael's Mount & Long Stay Marazion Car Park

St Michael’s Mount
Cornwall
TR17 0EN

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

YES

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

IAS "Independent Appeals Service"

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

None

51(1).pdf

Edited by FTMDave
Personal details showing

Of course don't pay.  They haven't bothered to do anything to establish keeper liability and as you said the car park is rubbish anyway with no marked bays.  Plus, what is "incorrectly parked" supposed to mean?  Anything and nothing.

Thanks for already filling in the forum sticky.  You left the PCN completely unredacted but I've sorted that out.

I don't think the IAS are the appeals body, it's BPA/POPLA which the fleecers have described as "independent appeals service" (the illiterate idiots have used capitals for some reason).  Not that it matters as you won't be wasting time appealing.

From the photos presumably your car was photographed by some creep walking around any spying on cars.  Did you get a windscreen ticket?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• FTMDave changed the title to Initial Parking PCN - St Michael's Mount & Long Stay Marazion Car Park, St Michael’s Mount, Cornwall, TR17 0EN

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply and amendments.

Nope.. I did not get any tcikets on the windscreen when I returned to the car. 

Just a smile as the day was quite enjoyable!.

Under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 which the fleecers whittle on about, what they are supposed to do is to stick a ticket on your car and then send you a PCN between 29 and 56 days after the incident.  However, the imbeciles have ballsed it up and followed the procedure for an ANPR capture.  This is good news.  It means they can't go after the keeper of the vehicle - and they wrote to you as the keeper.  They could pursue the driver, but they don't know who that is!

That's on top of the gravel car park, "incorrectly parked" meaning nothing, the photos showing your car parked responsibly equidistant between other cars, etc.

I've done a search of our old threads and this company has never taken anyone to court, in fact they've never even issued a Letter Before Claim.  Mind you, they are a relatively new company so that could change. 

Anyway, ignore their rubbish but do come back here if they have the gonads to send your a Letter Before Claim/Letter Before Action.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I've had to hide your post because you left your name on the letter. Perhaps you could edit and repost?

Debt collectors can't do anything to you, so you can ignore DR+. If you get something headed Letter Before Claim/Action, that's when you need to do something and we'll help you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

hidden again

you've still left all ref numbers showing ...........

you must remove everything the parking company could use to ID you here

that includes all qrcodes, bar codes . numbers down the side and any ref/reg numbers from your upload/

leave times and dates / money sums

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...