frog vs barclays

frog

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, posted my first letter on tuesday 5th dec, claiming for £690.

I received one letter on 7th claiming they would need time to respond, blah blah blah.

Got a letter today (8th) offering £340 in settlement, can't believe quite how easy that was.

I am now pondering whether to accept or not...

Just thinking though, that the "legal" charge a bank can make fairly is £12 max, which corresponds to £360 in my case, £690 - £360 = £330 so they are refunding me more than I am entitled already in principle... :-|

Thanks for the help on this site, I will make a contribution as soon as the dust has settled and funds reached my account :).

They are offering you part of what you requested because they know if you continue your claim that you will be entitled to it all. I would persue for the full amount.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Also if you go the full distance, you get to add in the interest, which can be quite a lot, especilly if your charges were made at the start of the 6 years.

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Court claim filed a while ago thanks to moneyclaimonline.

I have now received a letter from the Northampton County Court to let me know Barclays have acknowledged my claim, and intend to defend all of the claim.

Reading around, I guess I should now wait for the allocation questionnaire to come through and complete it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your post on my thread thought I would see how far you are. You seem a little further than me so I'll look forward to celebrating your success first. Can I ask are you still a Barclays customer? I ask because I'm not anymore and I'm being almost completely ignored, no partial offer, no acknowledgement of my LBA. It's like I'm invisible

Yes I am still with Barclays, and Woolwich, I have had no problems with them at the moment.

If they dont want to communicate with you it prob cos they know they cant say anything to make you stop.

As long as youve got proof of delivery etc, youve got no worries.

Im gonna wait til I get my court date and then contact them about three weeks before.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your post on my thread thought I would see how far you are. You seem a little further than me so I'll look forward to celebrating your success first. Can I ask are you still a Barclays customer? I ask because I'm not anymore and I'm being almost completely ignored, no partial offer, no acknowledgement of my LBA. It's like I'm invisible

Still a barclays customer yup :)

I agree with dar3n though, don't worry, the courts will get their attention soon enough :)

I suspect that with the number of claims going on, they may not be able to respond to each in time either...

Hi sob1

I am at the same point as you Frog & dar3n, sent in allocation questionnaire yesterday..... I too have no response from Barclays expect for the standard response to my initial approach for repayment. I havent had a partial offer or any further correspondance from them at all, I am no longer a Barclays customer either, so it seems that they are concentrating their offers on their existing customers, and leaving us Ex customers at the bottom of the pile!! I was getting a bit worried about lack of contact too but makes me feel better to know you are in the same situation :D