Rundles Enforcement Agents. Liability order for outstanding Councll Tax.

My partner has received letter from Rundles. They refer to a Liability order dated 03/09/14. She has not received any other correspondence on this matter and moved from address they quote in June 2014. I was wondering as it is over 6 years since liability order was issued could she write to them and claim debt is statute barred.

Thanks Swanbi.

5 minutes ago, swanbi said:

Ctax lo's can never be sb'd

Scan up the letter to pdf

read our upload guide carefully

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for reply DX. I will type up letter as unable to scan.

Formal notification of issue of Liability order for unpaid TCOG CT Trace and Collect owing to Council.

Following an application to Magistrates court by Council a Liability order was issued against you on 03/09/2014 balance outstanding £1387.35. Debt relates to property at ***.

You are required to make full payment to us not Council.

Council L/O authorises Rundle to take control of your goods should payment not be made within 14 days of this notice ( 10/09/21 ).

We can take control of your goods and sell them them at public auction to pay the amount you owe and this will incur further costs.

If you want an arrangement to be considered you must contact us within 7 days of this notice.

If they attend the address to try to collect, they will add another £235 in fees.  They cannot force entry, but goods outside of the address can be taken.   Never wise to let them in, if they visited, as that will enable them to gain access at a later date to take any goods listed as controlled.

Suggest your partner contacts Rundle to offer a repayment arrangement within the time period given.

If there is any issue with the Council such as disputing owing the amount, sort it out with the Council after dealing with Rundles. Tell Rundles when offering repayment arrangement, that the offer of repayment, is also subject to a dispute being raised with the Council, which may result in them having to refund amounts paid.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

is the bailiff letter entitled Notice Of Enforcement???

they usually only give 7 days and state  A £75 fee is now liable, with a further £235 fee liable if they have to attend. total bailiff fees can only ever be £310 on a CTAX LO.

there is also no harm in her contacting the council with the LO and asking what is going on......after so many years.

don't forget that any enforcement writ is only valid for 12mts, so a valid writ must be in existence.

if one is then there is no harm in trying to arrange direct payment with the council, BUT the £75 fee is still valid.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you can use your phone to take a picture of the letter 

its better we see it!!

read our upload guide upon how to do this and how to put it up as a pdf after it's redacted as a jpg pic 1st.

and they

Have you got a copy of the liability order. If so check the dates and make sure they are for the time she lived at the property. 

Its not unknown for councils to make mistakes. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks for replies. My partner contacted Rundles and made a payment and set up payment plan. She will contact council for verification.

On 15/09/2021 at 20:41, dx100uk said:

There is no harm in trying to arrange direct payment with the council, BUT the £75 fee is still valid.

I really did not think that the forum was advising posters to by pass enforcement companies and instead, to pay the council direct. Also, the £75 Compliance Fee does not belong to the council...it belongs to the enforcement company. Furthermore, legislation provides that the Compliance fee MUST be deducted first from any payment made. 

I would not have started any contact with bailiffs until l had verified with council. 

• Like 1

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.