Doryphor's Bro -V- MBNA

doryphor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey, posting as I'm helping my brother through a claim against MBNA.

Interesting tho - wish mine were as easy as this seems like it's going to be!

He received his statements through after sending his SAR, and also received (as others seem to have) a letter saying that £340 has been credited to his account, and the balance can be settled later, on the understanding it is in full and final settlement etc.

He's totalling up the charges, but there was one query that I feel fairly confident about but want to check.

He had a balance of about £2081 owing back in 2002. He paid in an amount of £2091, which credited at the same time (or just after) as two charges equalling about £25. This left him with a debit balance of about £25. Now, since previously he had had both cash and retail interest, the payment he made paid off his retail transactions, effectively meaning that the £25 remaining balance was his cash transactions, and was charged at the cash rate for that portion accordingly.

He was under the impression that it was completely paid off, not having been informed about the two charges. These then mounted up, such that from this point on, and with the exception of the £25 cash balance, the entire balance comprised of unlawful charges and interest on those charges.

My question is, is the retail interest being charged monthly from this point forward completely reclaimable, since it refers only to the charges applied? (Remember, the £25 is usefully being charged at a different interest rate, so the statement has already separated out the interest charges for us!)

Hope this is clear. From other experiences I've read, seems like a quick phone call should do the trick once he's got his total figure!

Cheers,

Doryphor

Halifax: FULL REFUND

_________

Lloyds TSB: FULL REFUND

HSBC Current Acct: FULL REFUND

Capital One (three accounts); GE Money (Mothercare); GE Money (Burton):

Getting round to sending off first letters...!