Grandson refused service at timpsons

queensclose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am I overthinking things

i bought my grandson a moped which came with  one key

hes 16 years old. But looks 17/18.     I sent him to timpsons to get a spare key cut.    They refused to cut him one saying.  “We don’t know if you have borrowed that”.    They didn’t offer advice what he needed to do to get one cut

my issue is.  He is mixed race     Am I over thinking things

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Yes you are. He needs to take proof of ID with a photo and his V5 for the vehicle, that's normal practice for getting a vehicle key cut.

Also was the vehicle second hand? It's a legal requirement for all new vehicles to come with two keys.

Edited by Homer67
  • Like 1

I think you need for yourself in the position of your grandson if he had lost his moped key and someone else found it and then went to the shop and got one cut and then nicked his moped.
Need we say more?

On 13/09/2021 at 13:16, Homer67 said:

Yes you are. He needs to take proof of ID with a photo and his V5 for the vehicle, that's normal practice for getting a vehicle key cut.

Also was the vehicle second hand? It's a legal requirement for all new vehicles to come with two keys.

Just a query but if the vehicle is second hand do we assume it does not come with a second key. Asking as a neighbours twins have just passed there test and wanting cars and wanting cheap run arounds for now 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Second hand vehicles should come with two keys, these days for motorcycles there's usually a master key which can be used for getting keys cut and a key with HISS built in (or other such security) which you use daily.

If I was buying a used motorcycle and it didn't have both keys I'd be walking away.

• Thanks 1

Thank You Homer.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.