Allay - AJJB Law sent an email ignoring my response to letter of claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pretty much as it says in the title - I sent the CAG approved response to a letter of claim on 2/9 (even though I only knew about this from emails and texts as I no longer live at the address Im assuming they sent it to) .

I today received the following email....

IMPLICATIONS OF A COUNTY COURT JUDGMENT (CCJ)

We are now in a position to issue a County Court Claim to recover the balance due to Allay (UK) Ltd as we have not received a satisfactory response to the Letter Before Claim. This could result in a CCJ being registered against you.

As previously mentioned, we wish to resolve this matter without the need for legal action, however, we are unable to do so if you do not address the balance due.

A CCJ will have an adverse impact on your credit file and will be registered for 6 years. It will affect any future lending decisions including applications for loans, mortgages, tenancy agreements and the purchase of goods on credit (for example a mobile phone contract).

You can stop further action now by contacting us to discuss your circumstances or by making payment:

- Email - reply to this message

- Online using our secure customer portal - payajjb.co.uk

- Telephone - 01422746202

Please do not ignore this email.

Yours Sincerely,

My question is do I need to do anything further or is this this the thrashing of a dying claim? They will have my address from the response I sent them (proof of postage obtained and sent an email of contents to myself on the day I sent it).

Thank you very much.

all correct

what did you sign anything?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

(even though I only knew about this from emails and texts as I no longer live at the address Im assuming they sent it to) .

Hope you have updated them now with your current address ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

With this letter of claim (2/9) was this part of the Pre Action Protocol pack...did you receive a questionnaire to return ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I didn't actually receive the letter of claim...just notification of it on email and on text...reviewing all the info on here I sent the CAG response to letter of claim letter on which I put my address so that they can now redirect any mail they may have sent to me at this address...does that sound right?

Struggling here....what is the CAG response to a letter of claim ? Im not aware apologies.

2 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Struggling here....what is the CAG response to a letter of claim ? Im not aware apologies.

No problem! This was kindly supplied to me by dx on another issue..I followed the link and the instructions therein...hit letter of claim and follow the relevant post there

That's the response to a Pre Action Protocol pack...so you have complied...was that on the 2nd sept ?

So in line with the PAP requirements they have 30 days to comply to  your response dated 2/Sept and supply any documents if requested.

I make that 2nd Oct...therefore their email of today is not legally correct as they are not in a position to issue a court claim...as they have not complied with PAP.

The threat o gram you have received today is testing the water to see if you have pooped your pants and make contact and pay up before they decide to issue a court claim.

• Haha 1

:thumb: Jolly good lets see if they are as good as their word and issue...then come back here.

• 4 months later...

Following all of the activity in Autumn of last year in which AJJB Law did not respond to my response to letter of claim they've started again! :)

Despite me giving them my new address as per the original thread they sent me two texts this week one on Tuesday saying they have issued a Letter Before Claim and one this morning saying I haven't replied to their Letter before claim and will incur costs...

I just wanted to check that I don't have to respond to this phantom letter of claim and that my original response (for which I have proof of postage) will be sufficient to just ignore them?

Thanks again for your help!

GIB

Correct

and anyway email is not a recognised method  of delivery for paploc unless youve agreed to it.

iGnore them

block and bounce their email and address

report texts to spam 7726

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...