AJJB LAW chasing drafty Debt - debt paid off but emails ignored

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there folks. I'm looking for a little help please if possible?

So a few years ago I racked up a drafty Debt. I eventually set up a weekly payment plan to clear the debt.

Half way through, drafty sold the debt on to various debt collection agencies.  ( so payments ceased and I ignored them for a while) At the start of 2021, AJJB LAW contacted me regarding the outstanding drafty amount ( just over £500) Over the course of a few months,  I tried to set up a repayment plan with a standing order but they avoided giving me the bank details so it was never set up. In June, I got a email from CRS? That said the debt had been paid in full. I assumed drafty just wrote it off but then in August AJJB popped back up claiming I had not stuck to the repayment agreement and the full amount is still owed.

After quite a few emails explaining that they never sent me the standing order details to set up the repayments and sending them copies of the email saying the debt is paid in full, they now claim that it might have been sent in error. But the full amount is now due and I've been ignoring their requests!!! I've asked them to contact drafty to check if this is the case but once again, they are ignoring my request and claiming court action if I do not pay.

They are really starting to annoy me now! And I don't want to end up with another ccj off them ( they previously slapped me with a ccj for a £160 simplicity energy debt that almost doubled after fees. Guess what, after several payments on the payment plan, the payments are no longer going through. Not my fault! )

Can anyone advise what the next course of action should be? I've had enough of their ignorance!

Many thanks in advance 

Image to PDF 20210907 16.21.53.pdf

who or what is drafty?

and who got a CCJ for a util debt?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What are they taking you to court for an energy debt???

so can i guess you took out a loan with drafy  to pay that debt off , nothing to with it being a util debt and you failed to settle it and quite rightly they raised a court claim?

Now your present situation

Who are ajjb's stated client please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Drafty charges 89.7% interest !

So the loans were taken out to pay different debts and the loans have not been paid.

If you are in a vicious circle of debt, unable to pay the amounts, then you need to get debt advice.

Post up details of all of the debts you are being chased for or are unable to pay. This will need a new thread in the following section of the site.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/124-debt-management-and-debt-self-help/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This is the ccj from boyes turner for simplicity energy just to show you.Image to PDF 20210907 19.04.10.pdf

Image to PDF 20210907 19.04.10.pdf

34 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Drafty charges 89.7% interest !

So the loans were taken out to pay different debts and the loans have not been paid.

If you are in a vicious circle of debt, unable to pay the amounts, then you need to get debt advice.

Post up details of all of the debts you are being chased for or are unable to pay. This will need a new thread in the following section of the site.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/124-debt-management-and-debt-self-help/

It was from a while ago when I lost my job. I just needed some quick money to keep up going. I was paying it off fine for a bit but the interest was killing me so I made a repayment arrangement. They then sold the debt. Now AJJB are dealing with it. 

Edited by Amy_Elizabeth

So do you know the exact positions with all debts that you incurred at the time ?

Have you obtained a copy of your credit report ?

May be worth sending an SAR to drafty to obtain all information on your records with them. Presumably this will detail how much was owed, how much repaid and the payment arrangement.

When debts get sold on, the debt buyer is provided with very little information.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

so the debt with drafty has never been sold as ajjb state drafty are their client

have drafty they sent you a default notice and ajjb a letter of claim yet?

scan up what ajjp have sent please

and they

Here are all the emails I have.

It looks like some are missing though.

As you can see, I was paying Drafty fine but they kept saying I wasn't and terminated the agreement anyway.

They passed the debt onto CRS ( admittedly I ignored them as Drafty broke their agreement which annoyed me) who then passed it on to AJJB. And AJJB ignore all my emails to them bar 1.

I did at one point set up a payment plan on their website, send in an income & expenditure and asked for bank details to set up payments but they ignored me. They just send me threats instead

Drafty debt.pdf

Ive just logged into AJJB and this is the info on there. Ive paid back a eye watering amount for a £290 loan!!Image to PDF 20210907 21.43.17.pdf

good.

now you block and bounce ALL EMAILS

stop communicating by email/phone/text from now on 

WRITING ONLY by royal mail.

the debt has NOT BEEN SOLD. so you deal only with drafty.

a dca is NOT A BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers on ANY DEBT , no matter what it's type.

send drafty an sar

we need all the statements and everything else they hold on you

just send it does need adapting just insert their details and A/C No.

also send them a VERY short letter SEPARATELY.

after following advice issued by the FOS....

i will no longer be dealing with you via ANY OTHER METHOD bar royal mail Letters.

you are hereby legally instructed to cease all emails, texts and phone calls , should disregrd this instruction these will be blocked and ignore.

i have via separate dispatch sent you a Subject Access Request.

good day.

xxxxx

and they

Should I inform AJJB that I will no longer be dealing with them and only with Drafty from now on?

What should I do once I get the sar

I've just checked if I could log into drafty and I could!! The account says I have credit available!! I'm so so confused. 

Thank you for all the help. Hopefully I can get this debt settled ASAP. 

Image to PDF 20210907 22.34.42.pdf

please just type..no need to keep hitting quote

You ignore them. GivEs them a feeling of grandeur . They are totally powerless and a solicitor should not be acting as a dca.

If they ever WRITE with a letter of claim you comeback here. As thats all a solicitor should do.. Deal in legal matter s!!.

YOu need to take control of YOUR mobey, not be controlled by powerless muppets.

when you have the statement s cone back here.

Dx

and they

Whats its date?

and they

4th August 

4th August.

I received a email from them just today that doesn't say anything about going forward with court proceedings 

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

You have avoided recent requests to clear the arrears under this legal payment arrangement. The balance of your account stands at £516.16 and remains due to Drafty.

Resolve this matter today by:

Should you ignore this request again we will be considering your account for escalation to the next stage of the legal process.

We would suggest this should be avoided. If you call us now we can help you.

Yours Sincerely,

you needed to reply within 30 days

do it now by LETTER not email.

hit letter of claim

follow post 2 .....DO NOT USE THEIR FORM!

take out the added reason from your thread there isn'tone

send by 1st class mail and just get free proof of posting from any PO counter

so three letters tomorrow!!

dx

and they

CCA request goes to drafty not sols sorry.

and they

Oh, it said on the pap reply template to include a cca? 

for debt covered by the consumer credit act:

send a cca request along with the completed form:

NOTE ONLY USE THE ATTACHED FORM below

DO NOT USE THE FORM SUPPLIED BY THE DCA IN THEIR PAP LETTER!!

yea thats our changing info as the advice has evolved and poss mistakes left not been edited out yet.

i think it says somewhere send the CCA to the Original Creditor/Debt owner. so yours has not been sold so send it too drafty .

and they

If you are requesting a copy of the agreement vis the Pre Action Protocol then its normal to send it to the Solicitor that issued the PAP.

All other times, court claims etc etc it would go to the claimant direct..not the Solicitor named on the claim for.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread