Day 2 pcr test - 3 weeks on and still no results

Jameson78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Team,

I recently paid for a PCR test from a government approved vendor.  The test arrived a day after I returned to the UK and I sent the test back using Royal Mail.

3 weeks has passed and I still have not received the results.  I paid and exorbitant amount for the tests and I have not received the results.  I haven't been given what I have paid for.  

I contacted my bank and they refunded the amount.  

The company have got in touch with me saying that they have sent me the tests and that I should withdraw the dispute.  No mention of the results.  

Surely, what I have paid for includes the all important test results?  How can I articulate this in terms of trading standards impingements? because I believe when you buy something and only get half of the service or product that would constitute and infringement?  

Thanks,

Jameson

Hi Honeybee

I am surprised no one has experienced this sort of thing.  Considering the post boxes are overfilled with PCR tests.

The company is: -

thanks for your help!

C-19DIRECT.COM

Home Covid Test About us FAQ’s Contact us Covid-19 testing by UKAS accredited laboratories from the comfort of your own home. Four Simple...

Althogh you have not specificied it is implied from the information you expected to receive the results within a certain time frame.

If this is the case and the timeline has been missed then simply put you paid for a service, and you did not receive the service as advertised.

As the whole point of the service is to receive the results on time allowing you to travel or no longer follow the guidelines as laid out by the Government, the service is effectively useless if this is not carried out on time.

The service provider may argue they provided some of the service, or may provide you with your results well outside of the advertised timeline.

Based on the information you have provided this may be considered to be in breach of contract and is the wording you need to use should they attempt to challenge or negotiate on the chargeback.

It would be useful to you, if you have a copy of the terms and conditions set out when purchasing the service, or a copy of how the service was advertised.

As you mentioned a chargeback it is worth confirming you paid for the service by debit card?

Edited by FruitSalad1010
  • Like 1

Thank you FruitSalad

Yes, I paid using debit card my bank has temporarily refunded the amount into my account and have raised the dispute with the company, pending the outcome of the investigation...

In Their FAQ section of their website, its is stated that I will be notified by email that my results are ready as soon as the lab has processed them. From there, I should log into the C-19 Direct portal to see the result.

I have received no email to say results are ready.

The FAQ also states, that results are generally returned within 24-48 hours from the time the sample is received by the lab.  This is not something they can guarantee – and that I should check their Terms and Conditions.

I have looked on their website and am unable to locate their Terms and Conditions page.  The term is not hyperlinked. 

Spent another few minutes on their site and still no luck finding their T&C page.. 

C-19DIRECT.COM

Home Covid Test About us FAQs Contact us FAQs How the home self-swab test works Order your test kit online – Buy your COVID-19 Test kit at...