I bought a LG TV from Curry's and now it has a fault after 19 months....

rich1984
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

So my LG TV developed a screen fault after 19 months of use. I bought online for £399 from Curry's. LG support say it's a screen fault and needs replacing. I wrote a letter before action to Currys CEO under 'not fit for purpose' and received the following response. Thoughts please?

Dear Mr Tunnah, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I can confirm that the resolution offered to you is fully in line with both the Sales of Goods Act 1979 (applicable to items purchased prior to 2015) and its successor the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

There are 2 options available to us as a retailer to offer you, 

• An assessment to confirm a manufacturing fault and on confirmation a repair where economically viable
  • A partial refund, taking into account the age of the goods to the point where you reported the issue to us and the price originally paid.

We have offered you a choice of the above and are still awaiting your confirmation of which resolution you wish to follow. 

Yours sincerely,

Jay D

Team Knowhow™ CEO Support Team

Team Knowhow™ Customer Contact Centre 

Correct sadly

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, if you take it to court and you win, best you can expect is a pro rata award calculated on the life expectancy of the TV set less a portion representing the use that you have had from it.

What they don't say to you is what their calculation is.

You need now to do some research to see what the reasonable life expectancy of that model TV set of that value might be. You my estimate 10 years in which case you have had something approaching 20% of the benefit.

On the other hand, Curry's might want to estimate the life expectancy is five years and then say that you have had 40% of the benefit.

So you should write the letter and tell them that you will accept the pro rata option that you want to know the basis of any calculation before you accept a figure

• Thanks 1