Willybobs v Barclays

willybobs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 4th December I requested and received a judgment against Barclays for my claim of £3083 + £120 costs. This was on the basis that despite an aknowledgment of the claim, no defence had been entered , and the 28 days from claim service date had expired. Yahoo! Sit back and wait for payment!:)

Shortlived joy however, on 6th December received another letter from the court to say that judgment had been set aside. Due to a system error Barclays response entered prior to judgment had not been registered.:mad:

I rang the court for an explanation and they say that Barclays have an acknowledgment of their submission to MCOL. I asked if I could see the evidence of that and was told that I would have to request it in writing from MCOL.

Anyone come across this before? Seems like something suspiciously sneaky and uderhand is occurring here to me. I suspect that Barclays are just playing delaying games and have told MCOL that a defense was entererd via MCOL but wasn't registered, I seriously doubt this, or that they have any evidence of it, but obviously the court have bought it.:?

Have I any rights here? Or do I just meekly accept it and wait for Barclays to hopefully shoot themselves in the foot further down the line?

From what I've noticed the courts seem to be fairrly forgiving towards the banks as they have a lot of these claims to deal with. You aren't the first to have filed for judgement and been dissappointed. I'm of the opinion that each judge uses his / hers discretion with each case.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here