Bannatynes cancellation policy

BKennny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me.

I took out a membership for my local bannatynes gym for the summer holidays as I was working a summer job. I’d accidentally taken out a 12 month contract rather than paying monthly (my mistake).

I am now moving to Glasgow for university and will be a full time student with no income.

As per Bannatynes terms and conditions you are able to leave the contract if your financial situation changes. It also says if you are relocating and there is not a practical gym nearby that this would also be reason to leave your contract.

However they failed to mention that if there is a gym 10 miles within your relocation that this does not count (received this info in a reply does not state in T&Cs) despite the closest gym being a 2 hour walk from my university!!!!

Can someone please let me know if I have a leg to stand on with this one as I will

physically be unable to afford the membership as a student and am also not willing to walk 2 hours to use it.

Thanks so much

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

Nothing they nor anyone can do to you.

From the date you informed them you wish to cancel, allow one more dd. Then cancel their dd.

Ive moved you to the gyn forum

Plenty of bannantynes threads here to read.

Use our right side red top banner search

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi BK and welcome to CAG

Relocation to Uni is a valid reason to cancel and you cannot be held to the agreement  with a 2 hour walk to the nearest gym in Scotland.

Cancel in writing (email or letter so you have proof) and as DX said, allow one more DD to be taken from when you gave notice then cancel the DD mandate yourself via your bank.

Will you still hear if you get post from the gym about the m/ship sent to your old address ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)