• Tweets

• thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • Good evening folks, i have my hearing tomorrow at 3pm. I have never been to court for a civil matter, what is likely to happen  and what do i need to do?  I plan on going straight from work, i finish at 2pm, it will take about half an hour to get there, does that sound ok? I called the court late this afternoon, sadly i was too late in the day and the office was closed.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

I've received a tracing letter from a company called "connex"

Andy111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmm, interesting you notice when just trying to Google "connex" nothing on this site now returns a result.  However googling "connex tracing" does still return the result.  Maybe some kind of search algorithm?.

Doubt it would do any harm as said for all recipients who read these threads, even if recipients who have not posted, to contact them via email or withheld phone to enquire as we won't know for sure otherwise.  I'm intending to try during the week, still got that gut feeling though.  But as DX feels otherwise it's not giving much away to make some contact as he may well be right.

I'll update if I hear anything else back.

nothing to do with them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The reason that very little info can be found on Google Search is because Connex has only been operating for a few weeks. Their domain 'www.connexme.co.uk' was only registered on 21st June 2021. Allow another week or so to get the website live and as far as Google is concerned, it's still a baby.

Right, as per other thread I can also confirm this Connex company relates to or more IS a debt chasing company, Global Debt Recovery (or whatever it what they said they were called).  Clearly between us we have quickly uncovered and worked out who they really are and what the connection is.

However, as the Connex company handling the "trace" appears not to be registered as a company in itself or registered to handle data under the data protection act DPA (if that's required) then are they not in breach of miss handling private & confidential data since clearly Connex have this personal data for people.

Ok, in my case I'll enlighten a little, the address they refer to after they could confirm some of the private and confidential information "in connection with an address" was an address that there has been no connection to for well over 20 years.  So in that respect their initial enquiries are quite comical as they are I assume chasing what would be an alleged debt from well over 20 years ago.

Now back to data protection etc, my second, and likely last email to them I clearly stated  I can confirm the person they are looking for is not at the address the letter is addressed to and can't confirm the person they are looking for is definitely the person in the letter.  They state they will take our address off their file and look elsewhere. 

Then they get the call today where it's confirmed who the person is but stated they do not live at the address in the letter despite them asking again.  Yet refused to be transferred to the debt company  after stating who the "client" was simply being told no debt exists so have no intention of communication with this debt company.

From a data protection point of view, can they still send letters out against what I said to the address in the letter even after connex stated they would remove it from their file?.

Not overly bothered, as clearly they are chasing what is seemingly a historic 20+ year alleged debt, but more from a data protection point of view where both by email it's been stated and accepted the address the letter had been sent to is not that of the person they are looking for and also the same in the phone call.  In other words, the current address for the person they are looking for is unproven.

• Thanks 1

Hi I have received a letter from these people also .....so i telephoned them, interesting conversation from the  lady I spoke to she had a foreign accent. When I challenged her about sending a letter to my address she said we have done it legally. I said the name is not me only half the name is me. She then checked  her system and told me the name she was looking for. I said well this is not me the name is not my name only half the name is right. Plus when I asked who they were she said we trace people  for debt ,wills or friends someone who wants to contact this person. I said my friends all know my phone number and email nobody has died and I don't owe anybody any money and i said I think you have a cheek sending letters to homes with the wrong information you should get your facts right before sending them

• Thanks 1

For me the point is, the connection to an address is unproven and denied by effectively 2 different people.  In the absence of evidence to the country they have nothing to prove a connection to the address the letterhead sent to.  They were emailed and called and on both occasions were told they have the wrong address and that person does not live at that address.  If they continue to send letters either by connex or the debt company global debt whatever then this is harassment.  

And from a data protection point of view they can't disclose anything via mail to the same address or make a demand as the connection and right address is unproven and accepted via email and phone call to be the wrong address.  So I don't see where they can go with this aside from seemingly feeling they can chase an assumed alleged debt from over 20 years ago.

If they do start to harass & hound, well they have their personal home address ( by the looks of it) registered as the postal address their correspondence address for 1 of their other companies 😁.

They must be scraping the bottom of the empty slimey barrel of the debt world to cover the running costs of that very expensive Surrey home.

Hi,

I too have received a letter from connex, it goes like this 'We have been asked to locate an individual and we think you may know some information that could assist us'. Now me being me love it when scammers, phishing fishers and the like try one, I just had the new DPD text scam literally an hour ago. So I emailed them back 2 days ago with the response 'Hi before I release any information regarding the wearabouts, DOB etc (if known) of the individually your "client" is looking for please throw me a bone because your letter is vague at best to what its about and to send a random letter asking for personal information about someone is not professional and I AM UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO TELL YOU ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ANYONE, ANYWHERE IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE.

Must admit they were quick in there response:

We have been instructed by a client to locate a person by the name of "xxxxxxxxxxxx" linked to an address on "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". We have contacted you as we believe this might be yourself.  Our client has provided us with the full name, date of birth and address linked to this person. If this is yourself and you recognise the address below, please confirm the door number of the property, your full name and your date of birth. Once confirmed, we will be authorised to provide you with the direct contact details of our client.

As we are regulated by the ICO, we must comply with current data protection laws by making sure that we are passing further information to the correct individual. By checking the above details, we can ensure that is you.

Why can't Global Debt Recovery grow a pair and send the letter themselfs. They know by doing a simple credit search where you are (and they did) but what amuses me the most is the debt is STATUTE BARRED under the Times limitation act 1980 by at least 15 years.

So don't get upset if in a few weeks after not responding to connex you finally get a letter from GDR and when you do just send them a letter back  stating the debt is statute barred (many templates online). All they have done is bought a load of old unsecured debt of creditors for a fraction of the owed debt who can not be bothered to chase after it anymore.

AT NO POINT PHONE THEM OR ACCEPT PHONE CALLS FROM THEM
DO NOT CONFIRM, ACCEPT OR AGREE YOU OWE THE DEBT

DO NOT MAKE A PAYMENT (The clock will reset and they will be able to get a CCJ again)

I have had credit since I messed up all those years ago and have made payments on time and in good standing.

Joseph Allen is spitting he's dummy out, rolling around on the floor in tantrum because you are NOT paying for he's roast dinner this Sunday. LOL

I believe in a second chance :)

• Thanks 1

Lol, rather than send to their office or p.o. box office address maybe people are better searching "Allen Process Solutions LTD" where the exact same and confirmed people look to have registered their company correspondence address to their personal home address, oh dear 😄.

Yeah, my mistake was to phone them before any info posted.  Their mistake was to register a proven connection to their residential address.  And where I to get ANY correspondence from either Connex or Global Debt Whatever over an assumed (by default due to lack of time) debt that's would if genuine be over 20 years old, well won't be me getting worried!!!

I also received a letter from Connex which I assumed they were trying to locate someone other than myself as it implied it in the letter.

This was not the case. I called them yesterday and it was me they are looking for. Unfortunately, they were not able to give me any further info on their client as some info was not correct.

I also did a bit of digging on companies house and could not find them. I did however locate their mailing address and it’s a virtual one they use from Mailboxesetc.

After reading others concerns about Connex I called them back to see if they had contacted their client but as yet I am still none the wiser. I did however ask the lady in question about the company and it appears they have not been trading very long. They are not registered with Companies house as they don’t need to. They are regulated by ICO because of data protection etc.

I would like to add that I do not have any debt so I am not concerned about that.

I will update once I receive the info from the client and hopefully put your mind at ease that it’s not all doom and gloom.

If you have not called them yet it might be worth trying. I had to call 3 times before I actually spoke with anyone so keep trying.
Good Luck 😀

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

Global debt recovery

ignore them totally

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I find it odd that I have received the letter in the 1st place as like I said, I have no debt anywhere.

You are 100% correct in saying it's Global Debt Recovery behind the letters they are sending out because at the very top of the letter it stipulates a number followed by G/Global the date and time the letter was printed.

For anyone else, I'd suggest looking at the top right hand corner of the letter and if it says the above. IGNORE IT!

I will await their response and keep you posted.

Letter received from global debt recovery despite connex accepting the claim the person they were looking for is not living at the address and saying they would then remove our address from their file and look elsewhere.  This was an actual lie from connex (no surprise there) and despite connex then being unable to verify either the person or the address they have to be correct has then sent a letter out under the global debt recovery letter making a demand for monies and to call them to discuss the debt without detailing any details of the client or verifying both the person or the debt.

These letters will now all be ignored as I'm not getting into any discussion with this pond life.

So you now know it was a debt then, yours of very old nature??

and they

Still don't know DX as nothing is detailed either "client" or date of alleged debt.  Even the call to connex last week they wouldn't say anything on who the client is or the age of the alleged debt, nothing at all.  So at this point nothing is proved, verified or confirmed over the alleged debt which is suspicions in itself for me.

The address they did disclose I've had no connection to for over 20 years, surely they can't be that stupid or think I am to simply accept a debt that would have to be at least 13 years statute barred.  

Still don't know DX as nothing is detailed either "client" or date of alleged debt.  Even the call to connex last week they wouldn't say anything on who the client is or the age of the alleged debt, nothing at all.  So at this point nothing is proved, verified or confirmed over the alleged debt which is suspicions in itself for me.

The address they did disclose I've had no connection to for over 20 years, surely they can't be that stupid or think I am to simply accept a debt that would have to be at least 13 years statute barred.  

Slight update:

I even received an email from global debt recovery saying my email details had been passed on by connex as they had received a phone call from a\the alleged person the letter was sent to so they are breaching data protection and or personal & confidential information at the very least.  The email contact being of a different person and name the per was sent to. They are pretty much demanding I identify myself by sending them a copy of my tenancy agreement, for which like hell am I sending them anything.

The email was and will not be replied to, but just giving notice if you contact connex by email they will pass that info on as a point of contact and ask you for personal information for you to prove who you are.  What a pile of jokers!.

forget.ignore..move on.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received one of these letters, but in my maiden name which not used in over 15years. It is saying they are trying to locate an individual and I may have some information on them, yet it does not say who they are looking for, and then goes onto say if you no longer or do not know this person then email them....but like I said, it does not say who this person is

ignore them

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

My father received a letter from Connex, he called them and they confirmed that they had been asked to trace him on behalf of a debt recovery agency. They gave him a number to call, after coming off the phone to Connex he realised the number was the same apart from the last 2 digits. Could this be a scam?

3 hours ago, starrynight1 said:

Could this be a scam?

so youve not read the whole thread...:pound:

and they