Amazon book token appeal closed

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We might get around t that one day - but we have no time to divert to make those kinds of arrangements.

quote]

I know you guys are really busy sounds like you should be delegating a bit more. You cant do it all yourselves!! I am happy to help with anything I can by the way.

Also willing to put my money where my mouth is so let me know where I can send a donation guys.

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest I phoned one of the many companies offering the service of reclaiming bank charges on the consumers behalf. They charge £75 per hour and would want 15% of settlement!!

Well, that says it all really! I most definitely would be happy to donate.

Abbey National - Prelim request 15th August 2006 £1275.50 offer of £299 - declined

Nat West- Prelim request 15th August 2006 £235.00 refused refund

MBNA - Prelim request 15th August 2006 £704.00 offer of £300 - declined

Personally, I think car window stickers would be a great idea.

We could get them designed and made, and sell them, thereby making money for the site, AND advertising the site!

Yep i agree with this - it would really help to promote this site. I am more than happy to make a donation;)

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

I'll examine this avenue when I get some time on my hands.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Why not set up a poll here for which ideas are best supported? Could poll between say:

t-shirt (my favourite:))

baseball hats

paypal

car stickers

badges/buttons

amazon vouchers

The idea that gets the most support is the one most likely to get more people contributing? Or in time have a selection of products? I've made inquiries for prices of t-shirts and wating prices to come back. But it looks like they'd need to be sold at £10.00 or over, (to cover costs, printing, postage, etc.) in order to raise much. The more sold the cheaper prodcution becomes. I've played with scotie's poster and trimmed down the text. If anyone's interested in seeing it, pm me.

I think the main problem with them all except the amazon vouchers is the need for a bank account. But, if I recall right, was there not a post somewhere by Dave that he had the offer of an account from a solicitor friend?

Neil.

We have an accountant who has said that he will receive money into a client account for us. Also we will be opening a bank account in the next 3 weeks.

Opening a bank account huh? Be careful I have heard that sometimes banks charge you if your not careful!!! :p

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Setting up a bank account.....pmsl....i would love to be a fly on the wall in that bank.......:

Manager - 'so Dave......why is it you need to open up an account with us today ?'

Dave - 'I setup an online forum, that helps people reclaim unfair penalty charges on, amongst others, bank accounts, and the members are itching to give me loadsa money for helping them out......and under my mattress is kinda full after last payout from Abbey'

Dave......no matter where it is, can i come along with you.......i could video the whole meeting, and chuck it up here somewhere......it would give us all something to look forward to !

I am nearly in tears writing this !

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

Pmsl

I have no problem with donating at all mate. Just let me know where.

As an aside, have you thought about trying to register as a charity? You are a self help group after all and helping with consumer debt and wider issues.

Opens up wider avenues for claiming peoples tax as donations things like that, lottery funding, etc.

To me you guys are a godsend.

If the name of the claim is blue and underlined, click it to see how I did it.

• Halifax - 1st Request for £3748.80 sent 10/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Goldfish - Unable to comment further, have a read

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

• Yes car credit - LBA sent 19/07 Court Action launched 26/09

• HFC Bank - 1st Request for £100 sent 06/06 Settled in full and 5% donated

Like what I said? Hit the scales on the top right of my post. Cheers

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Help the site, donate 5%, I have.

I want to come and open the account too wearing my "I screwed that Wunch of Bankers" T-Shirt!!! :-)

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

Those very thoughts have crossed my mind - hence the company name is not the Bank Action Group or Consumer Action Group

A donate button is quite appealing. That way we can get car stickers made (initial enquiries have been made) and cards to put in public places etc...

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

slightly off topic, but I'm thinking along the lines of "the more members, the more successful the site wiil be."

I'm not sure if you already do this, but how about a HTML link that members can post on their own sites? I'm hoping to get my own website up and running in the next few weeks and I will be more than happy to add a clickable link to this site. I'm sure plenty more members would do too.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Yes, we did have that on the old site:

http://www.bankactiongroup.co.uk/linkinginfo.php

...but I have yet to do it for the new one.

I'll try to get the main site finished over the weekend - hopefully tomorrow morning or tonight.

So think of me working away while you lot are out on the lash over the weekend :-(

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Yes, we did have that on the old site:

http://www.bankactiongroup.co.uk/linkinginfo.php

...but I have yet to do it for the new one.

I'll try to get the main site finished over the weekend - hopefully tomorrow morning or tonight.

So think of me working away while you lot are out on the lash over the weekend :-(

Sorry, can't stop and chat, off to the pub for the next three days

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

I'll raise a glass for you dave

:lol:

• Lloyds - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 1st estimated request for £1500 sent15/08 LBA sent 08/09

• Carphone Warehouse - Data Protection Act sent 19/04 Chased 04/07 ICO complaint 18/07

• First National - 1st Request for £280 sent 05/05 Settled in full and 5% donated

Disclaimer - By giving advice, I am not putting myself across as a legal expert. Always seek professional advice.

Just reading through and thought I'd add my 2 cents worth...

I run a PR & marketing company and also do web design. I know you have had loads of offers of help, but would like to add one more!

Banners for other members sites, web pages you can just upload onto your server, e-newsletter advice- whatever! Just ask!! I'm sure you could better invest your time in helping the members.

Even if my claim isn't successful, what you guys are doing for us all is fantastic and I'm willing to help (FOC of course) in whatever way I can.

PM if you need anything...

and thanks again!

Shelly

That's a fantastic offer - and one that I'm sure we'll take up!

I've just finished setting up the mail server for the newsletter - and writing the code to send it in batches so that it doesn't completely kill my connection.

I did used to work for a web design company (only about 9 months - got too boring and the place was run like a corner shop - in fact, it's that place that was responsible for me getting my first ever bank charges - they never paid on time!), and have been programming for about 20 odd years - I'm now a systems programmer for a big printing firm.

I'm not a fan of using 'web templates' - I find it take the fun out of it a bit. Obviously, I have made our CAG template, but at least I made it - if you know what I mean.

However, a banner link for other sites would be fantastic if you have the time to knock a few different designs/sizes up.

That would be very much appreciated.

PS. I doubt that your claim will not be successful - just look at the survey (which is only completed by about 10-15% of people!).

------------

------------

Anyway - the Amazon thing is closed, but you may have seen the 'Donate' button at the top of the forum.

We need to start actually paying for the hosting, forum software etc....

As you may know, we are running at a complete loss at the moment - and looks like we will for some time- so if any of you kind people fancy clicking the 'Donate' button rather than donating book tokens, then we will be your friend forever :-)

Dave.

------------

------------

Now that the donate button is active, is it worth posting somewhere how many people have donated per week or month? Not their names, but just the numbers of people and maybe the total amount received? Or would tha take those involved away from other worthwhile things?

Neil.

Gave you a fiver mate, expect more with each settlement. :)

Thanks very much!

Very much appreciated.

------------

------------

Splendid - at this rate, we'll have the years hosting paid for, well, by next year!!

Seriously, thank you.

------------

------------

Ah, but you'll get percentages of my claim. ;)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks