Judgement obtained against me but not followed up.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 91 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Over 6 years ago (before I was aware of this great website) I suffered a CCJ against me by a well known debt collection agency.

It was for a 3 yr old credit card debt at the time and due to my ignorance, the CCJ went uncontested and as a result they got a judgement against me.

I received plenty of threatening letters (threatening bailiffs, attachment of earnings etc.,) as I never acknowledged or responded to anything they sent me .... oh how I wish I had discovered Consumer Action Group before this!

The CCJ has now been removed from my credit file as it is over 6 yrs ago since the judgement. Starting about a year after the date of the CCJ, I received one or two letters each year from them asking me for payment but these became much less threatening and more along the lines of "lets us help you pay this debt off", by offering me a 60% discount. The last letter from them was about 6 months ago.

My question;  is the CCJ still legally valid even though it has come off my credit file?

As they have made no attempt to enforce the judgement in nearly 7 yrs now, could they still legally do this. 

Would I be able to offer a defence against any enforcement action in the courts?

22 minutes ago, james2222 said:

My question;  is the CCJ still legally valid even though it has come off my credit file?

As they have made no attempt to enforce the judgement in nearly 7 yrs now, could they still legally do this. 

Would I be able to offer a defence against any enforcement action in the courts?

Yes its still valid.

Yes its possible with the courts permission although very rare a Judgment creditor makes application to re-enforce.

I doubt it...if they did make application and was successful it would be prudent for you to submit an N245 and get an affordable payment plan in place endorsed by the court...but you only do that if they did try to gain permission.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread