Wowcher bought voucher for bed company Komfet

LillithArch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am wondering if anyone can help and advise me what to do.

I ordered a bed using wowcher from a company called Komfet. When the bed has been delivered, the quality is awful. This is a bed that was marked down from around £900 to £240. We paid £30 for delivery, so in total £270.

WWW.KOMFET.COM

bed manufacture

When it has arrived, I have emailed the company to get a refund and they have said I need organise a courier to take the item back which is roughly 1.5 hours drive from my address and then they will issue a refund.

Where do I stand?

I don't have a clue where 6o start to get it back.

I'm at a loss and really stressed with this king size bed and mattress currently taking up my entire living room.

Thank you in advance for your help

P.s I have looked into hiring a van to take it back myself but this is looking around £100. Which means I would lose out on £100 of my refund essentially and then getting somebody to help me etc.

you do not have to pay for its return, thats down to the retailer as you purchased this online, so is covered by the distance selling regulations which are now part of the consumer rights act. CRA

you have reported it not fit for purpose within 30 days too, so thats 2 reasons.

the retailer should know better.

how did you pay , via a debit card?

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm not so sure about fitness for purpose. It would have to be shown  that it could not be used as a  bed by any reasonable person.

it is the supplier's responsibility to make arrangements to remove the bed at their expense.

however if this delays things and clearly you want the bed out of your home then the best thing to do is to start making your own arrangements even if that means renting a van.

The important thing is to let them know in advance what you were doing and what the cost will be and to let them know in advance that because they are not cooperating you will incurred this cost, you will return the bed and you will then seek to recover the money from them.

It is important to maintain a paper trail at all times so that the supplier is fully aware of what you are doing and in every letter you make it clear that the steps you are taking are because of their lack of cooperation.

You have to hire a van and take the bed back yourself then you should also let them know that you will be charging them and hourly rate of , say, £20 in addition to the cost of the hire fee, petrol and any other expenses.

Once you have  done all this and you have got rid of the bed then come back here and let us know what your losses are and we will help you recover them full stop

You may have to go to court but your chances of success are much better than 9 as long as you have kept a good paper trail.

Make sure that you let them know in writing that you have rejected the bed under the distance selling rules. You should do this immediately.  in your letter of rejection you should refer to the first time you informed them about this which if it was by telephone make sure that your letter points out that it was in a telephone call and give the date that you let them know.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both for your replies. So my partner bought it with her credit card via wowcher. We have asked wowcher to help with the matter but I don't think the problem lies with them. We have also explained about quality of item to them. I have emailed the company back. I will let you know what they say. This company operates under a number of different names. Another thing which really did not impress me was you can not reach them via phone, it cuts off whenever you choose an option they give. So frustrating..

Ah good a credit card, section 75 of the consumer credit act makes them equally responsible. 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am going back and forth with emails at present. Someone called Raz has now emailed saying because I stated the item was not the correct one in the original message it is my responsibility to send it back. Does anyone have a template I can use to send an email back to this? I have read up on the distance selling regs and I do not have to give a reason for cancelling, I initially told them I required an orthopaedic bed as per my gp because I read up on some reviews and a customer was able to get her money back by doing this. Its so frustrating. TIA everyone. 

Ps. What difference does it make by paying on a credit card? As we paid wowcher, surely they won't see it as their problem and the credit card won't make a difference? I'm sorry, I'm not very well informed on these things. 

the best thing you can do to sort out the problem is to make sure that you have a paper trail showing that you have tried to return the bed within 14-days. Then make your own arrangements to return the bed and then sue them for all the expenses you have incurred full stop

we will help you and the claim will be quite straightforward with chances of winning better than 95%. You will recover all your fees at the same time and it will be a good learning experience for you.