style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been living abroad since September last year

I just got sent a picture of a letter from my family back in the UK that I have received a notice of enforcement. I've attached both images.

I was not the driver of the car, my dad was, but I don't recall them sending me any pictures of a PCN being received either so I don't know what to do.

I am not even in the country so I don't know if I really care but I don't want any issues to arise if I was to come back to the UK.

Just found out that apparently my dad called them up, not sure what he said to them exactly but according to the dude on the phone he said the original PCN was sent to the address the car had been registered on which was a different address. I have no access to that address. This was 4 years ago.

Clearly I'm all over the place with this, it's shaken me up a little. I didn't realise that this is from June 2020, and not 2021. I am not sure if I was the driver of the car then or not because I was working from home, most likely wouldn't have left the house on a Monday. Would it save me a lot of headache to just pay it? Almost £250 is damn steep though.

Can anyone please help and advise?

Thanks!

NOE.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
merge

• dx100uk changed the title to Newlyn PCN NOE - Not driver

silly idea to have never registered your car via V5C to an address you poss might get very important letters at.

you risk a far worse fine than this PCN....£1000 from the DVLA.

get it sorted!!

now as you didnt receive the original PCN you are entitled you are entitled to file an out of time statutory declaration 

read this thread, all it's posts, and all the links CAREFULLY

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yeah, it sucks. I believe the address has been corrected.

I've read the thread - thank you.

Just wanted to clarify, would this be considered a Local Authority Parking contravention or CCTV contravention? It doesn't state explicitly on the NOE.

Also, TE9, the witness statement, is that signed by someone else or signed by me also?

Do I fill in by hand, take a photo and send it to them by email?

Is this considered an order for recovery, i.e. am I within the 21 days or am I out of it?

Thanks.

the PCN number and atleast the relevant council details should be on the NOE

phone their traffic enforcement centre up and ask

you can also inform them you will be submitting your forms

i would suspect you are well out of time. go carefully read post 4 again on that thread

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've spoken to Newlyn and the lady on the phone was quite nice, but she said there isn't much they can do, I'd have to contact the council directly to see if anything can be arranged.

Council don't have a contact line that actually brings you to a human being, so that's out of the question too.

Only option now is to fill out the TE7 and TE9 forms and submit them to TEC. I will do that tonight and email them. Will post an update if anything works out before the payment deadline, otherwise I will have to cough up the £248.

Thanks for the guidance.

who said talk to bailiffs...

all TEC's have phone lines thats what they are there for

and they

Well, I could have only assumed based on your last comment.

WWW.EALING.GOV.UK

tickets and fines, bus lane contraventions, moving traffic contraventions, parking contraventions,

They have no contact number. The one number they have is completely automated.

hehe having a mind fog today

it was all centralised to one place..

Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC)

Courthouse

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update.

Reached out to the TEC via email with TE7/TE9 forms, no response.

Reached out to the council via email, trying to see if they would let me pay the original PCN, no response either.

The deadline is tomorrow 8am... Apparently they'll clamp the car and that would incur even more charges so I'm very close to paying the NoE as the TEC and the council haven't gotten back to me.

Not sure if it would be worth seeking an extension from Newlyn while I await response from the TEC and the council.

not sure p'haps @Bailiff Advice is around

worthy reading the above thread

and they

Thank you for that.

Based on that thread it seems tomorrow morning could be a sticky situation with the clamp. I instructed my family not to let anyone inside the house in any case whatsoever, but I was told the Bailiffs would just clamp the car in that case if it's outside the property. 

Damn, what a sticky situation. And I'm out here trying to manage all of this from Istanbul.

Bailiffs are not all heartless

p'haps proving an sd has been done to them might be prudent?

because once its accepted they'd have return the removal fee were they to enforce knowing you have good cause to sd.

and they

I was considering calling them and requesting an extension or for their enforcement to be put on hold. That way at least i get a chance to pay the reduced fee and worst case scenario I'd end up paying the NoE figure.

When I called them initially (when you told me I shouldn't have) they were reasonable. Perhaps I'll call them this morning and ask. Because I'm not in the UK myself and my family aren't very savvy with these sorts of things, it would probably be best this way. 

Can you remove the car to somewhere safe until this is resolved ?

They won't put on hold. It is purely about obtaining your money.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If this is the case, why bother with messing around. Pay the amount due now. Is there an online payment option ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There is, and that's why I've pushed it to this limit. I was hoping the TEC or the council would get back to me by now. If I pay now and one of those two get back to me after the fact, it's not like Newlyn are going to refund what I paid them. Whole thing stinks.

Not a loss

chase up what is going on at the tec with your forms. You sent them to northants tec centre by email yes?

i believe you could get moneyback inc the bailiff fees if they agree you owe just the org sum.

and they