Can I make a second claim?

curli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I successfully claimed against Abbey and this was settled in October. I went into the branch today to close my account and was horrified to find that I was £5.99 overdrawn with £50 of charges to be applied:eek: . Although all my cards, dd, etc were cancelled apparently when I subscribed to Holiday Which (a trial which I immediately cancelled) earlier in the year I didn't set up a DD but it was taken direclty from my card and according to Abbey they can keep doing that as long as the account is open:?. This is outrageous I have no cheque book or card to withfraw from the account but another company can:mad:

So although I have to chase Which because I had cancelled the subscription, can I claim the £50 back from Abbey? I am intending to pay it and close the account to avoid further charges, but I think I may try phoning Abbey first to ask for it back nicely.

Any thoughts/help much appreciated?

Curli

Thanks Bookworm, I've just phoned and asked nicely and after putting me on hold for a couple of seconds they have agreed to reverse the charges as a goodwill gesture! I need a sit down and a stiff drink, then I'm off to the branch tomorrow to close the b***** account!

Curli

perhpas it would be wise to confrim the conversation you have had today when you close the account.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA