mackenzie hall

sonnab
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya ive just recieved 3 red postcards through the door from mackenzie hall for 3 different account from one catalogue J D WILLIAMS ive jut spokes to a les hume who has said that they have no further details about these account only that they are for an address that i havent lived at for 19mths ive asked if i could set up a payment plan and she advised me that they do not make payment arrangements they are here to collect the debt in full she said that she would hold the account untill the 12th of december then i should ring up again and make payment ive told her that i only get £179 a week child tax credit because they dont want to know about my husbands wage but she never asked about it so what do i now do i cant pay it in full the 3 accounts come to a totall of £420.18 which i am willing to pay but i just cant pay it in full on tuesday are they likely to whack a load of charges onto these debts ive never had any dealings with mackenzie hall i dont know how they work if they are like any other dca i can see me paying through the nose just to get them off my back

any responses would be gratefully received

:mad:

:psonnab :p

First off how old are these debts? If its over 6 years and you haven't acknowledged them they become stature barred. Check this first.

In any case don't worry, work out what you can afford and offer them that. There was a budget planner in this forum but the link seems to be dead. But it's fairly easy, take your income, subtract the essentials (rent/mortage, bills, food, clothes etc) and offer them the remainder, even if its only £1/week. Don't give them any more than you that that or you're more likely to miss a payment at some point and end up with them giving you more hassle. Do it in writing, it's harder for them to bully you into paying more plus you have a record of everything. You can insist they stop phoning you and if they continue, report them for harrassment.

As for charges I don't know if they will try and add them on. Even if they do odds are they will be unlawful. Same goes for any charges the catalogue company may have applied to you accounts. You should ask for a full statement of account so you know where you stand, for the catalogue company though you will probably have to send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as with bank charges.

There are plenty of other threads in this forum relating to this company (eg http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/2039-mackenzie-hall-do-any.html) so have a read through them.

Don#t offer them anything until they proved this debt. You would tell a mugger to get lost if he demanded money in the street so why should you accept the word of a company that have been shown time and time again on this forum to be shady characters.

Write to them, don't ever phone them, and tell them you do not acknowledge any debt to them or any company they may represent. Send them the CCA letter which will require them to send you the appropriate documents - a signed, true copy of the agreement they claim exists, a deed of assignment (their right to collect) and a statement of account. Send it recorded delivery so you have proof it was sent and proof it was received.

They have 12 working days to comply. After that they cannot take any action until they come up with the proof, and even then they would need the permission of a judge. If their failure to comply with your requests lasts for a month after the 12-day time scale is up they commit a criminal offence. They wouldstill need a court order to take action but they wouldn't be so foolish as to place their heads in the firing line and allow a judge to have a go at them.

thanks for the replies the debts are under six years so i cant do the barred thingy,but ive printed out ready to post tomorrow a cca to mackenzie hall and an SRA to jdwilliams the catalogue that the debts come from but as far as i can see ive only got 2 accounts with jdwilliams but MH are saying that there is 3 debts from them but hopefully i will see where the other comes from with the SAR alo ive drafted this quick letter to MH as follows

Dear sirs

accounts xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx

After speaking to one of your call centre personell today,i have written to jd williams asking for information under the data protection act,and as this debt is in dispute,you are not permitted to contact me again to pursue this debt untill the situation is settled,if however you do i will have no option but to report you to the office of fair trading

yours faithfully

misses peed off with underhand tactics

hopefully this will keep them of my back for a couple of weeks but i doubt it

is this draft ok if it is ill send that one aswell tomorrow

:psonnab :p

Guest The Terminator
its the one in scottland

Only looking on companies house website I noticed that they are exempt from issuing full accounts which I beleive is for turnover under 100k the reason I asked is because the MH in london hasn't filed any accounts for nearly 2 years and if you look at the Mercers thread a few threads down a little bit of investigation has proved that some of these DCA's are not above board.