Serious mileage discrepencies can i use a right to reject

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks completely new to this and hugely appreciative of any advice. I bought a car at reposessions UK(car dealership) fri 20/08/2021. The advert on auto trader said 56,000 miles. I paid 3295 thinking this mileage was genuine and the autotrader advert also confirmed that the mileage was confirmed. Unfortunatly there is a record of an MOT at 70,000 in 2016 then 2017 with 23,000. So the mileage was misrepresented massively but i did not do enough checks at the time of purchase. I am considering requesting rejection

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, this car should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. My rights have been breached because the car that was sold me  doesn’t match the description. I would like them to put this right by giving me a refund of the car at their cost. I despair at the prospect of having to go to court to get a refund . but the discrepencies are a bit too much to swallow.
any help hugely appreciated and i will make a donation too..

we are getting quite a few of these mileage discrepancy issues recently.

I suppose that you paid by cash or you paid by bank transfer?

you should certainly send off a letter by recorded delivery and also by email asserting your right to reject the vehicle .

however you are likely to find that it is not as easy as that. Who is the dealer and please provide a link to their website.

Thanks for your reply .

Things have moved fast i contacted autotrader over the weekend and trading standards today. Got a phone call from the dealership promising a full refund on return of the vehicle about 10 min ago. Many thanks

well that is an extremely satisfactory result. Well done.

Congratulations to the dealership. Please could you name the dealership here and also post a link.  It's unusual that we get used car sellers behaving as responsibly as this.

I named the dealership in my original question. I am unaware of wether trading standards or autotrader brought pressure to bear. The dealership claim that auto trader should not have confirmed the mileage as genuine on their system. I wont celebrate too much till my shillings are back in the bank...

thanks again

thanks .

there are quite a few reposessions UK(car dealership)  around the country. Please could you tell us which one it is