Smart ANPR PCN - KFC Car Park Birminghamrge notice.

hi im sure this has been covered many times but i just want to make sure its the most up to date info im working off.

any advice or experience would be appreciated. 

just received parking charge notice for smart parking ltd  Birmingham .  £60 in 14 days  with photo of in - out with reg number.

looks like stayed 19 minuets over the time.    i was in kfc at the time and never realised there was a time limit.

in the past i have heard to ignore the invoice but is that still the advice and have any people out there had any experience recently with smart parking ltd.    

hope you guy can help, TIA

Posted (edited)

One of the first thing to do is to appeal to the CEO of KFC.

You obviously spent a fair amount of time with them which is what KFC should be encouraging.. Happy customers means they will return. So give the CEO reasons why you stayed as long -because you were enjoying themselves in KFC . But not happy to receive a penalty for doing so.

Explain you are the keeper, and it was the driver who went there [not "you" ]as you don't want to reveal who the driver was as it can be a protection should the case ever go to Court. Query the positioning or the the size of the signage as you didn't see them when you were there.

Also please complete the questions provided by Honeybee so we can see what else can be done to build your case.

In the meantime do not appeal to Smart parking as you may lose the protection afforded by  the Protection of Freedom Act which applies to private car parking.

We suggest you ignore Smart parking but not to ignore the PCN. If you do the homework you shouldn't have to pay them a penny.

Later on we will be asking you for photographs of their signs and whether they have planning permission for them.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing
  • Like 1
  • I agree 1

• dx100uk changed the title to Smart ANPR PCN - KFC Car Park Birminghamrge notice.