Moggsie v Alliance & Leicester ***WON***

moggsie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Sorry I've been away for so long and not updated my initial posting.

Ok here goes

Sent my initial letter asking for my statements, waited for 39 days , and thought I would nudge them a little, sent a registered letter and lo and behold 3 days later my statements arrived.

We did get a nasty little letter from our local branch manager telling us we were'nt entitled to any of our statements under the D.P.Act, we chose to ignore him and wrote to Bootle, and as I said the statements arrived.

Added up the charges and it came to a massive 3120.00 inc interest,

sent off the second letter claiming the above amount.

Last week got a letter back basicaly telling me there was no chance, as the charges were correct and as far as they were concerned they were in the right, usual letter according to others on this site.

Typed up the 3rd letter including a listing of all the charges, also informing them that they have 14 days or we will be off to court, this was sent on Tuesday morning. So we are waiting.

As an aside my wife is doing the same to Barcleys for approx 2,500.00, they have offered 1,000.00 as a non-obligation amount, we turned them down and have started court proceedings last week.

Fingers crossed

Moggsie

Looks like 2007 will be a good year in the moggsie household.;)

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

WE WON !!!!!

Had a letter on Saturday from the A&L with an attached cheque for,

bank charges of 3212.00, interest of 256.96, and the court fee of 120.00,

total amount £3588.96.

Usual stuff about about closing the account etc. They also told me to write to the court informing them of the settlement, there's no need to write, all you have to do, in my case it was Northampton, is give them a ring and confirm settlement has been recd.

In short you have to keep going and they will settle.

Thanks

Paul & Heather Morgan

CONGRATULATIONS

Please conplete out survey.

Donation;)

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

I am new on this site, i have recieved a letter basicly telling me to Bog of, they owe me £999 i was ready to fill out the form for the courts, or do i send another letter to the bank A&L telling them i am starting court proceedings

Please Help I am Bricking it!

I am new on this site, i have recieved a letter basicly telling me to Bog of, they owe me £999 i was ready to fill out the form for the courts, or do i send another letter to the bank A&L telling them i am starting court proceedings

Please Help I am Bricking it!

Ok firstly you need to start your own thread so we can track your progress. I cant answer your question because I dont know what actions you have already taken.

Start a thread then Pm the link, List all the actions you have carried out so far please.

Also have a read of the FAQS and the step by step instructions.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.