Still unsure............

clworth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted my request for statements to Alliance & Leicester on 3/11/06. Giving a couple of days for delivery, the 40 day period will be up on fri 15/12/06. To date, i have had no correspondence from A & L, save for letters advising me i have gone overdrawn & charging me £35 for the privilege!!!! No letter to say the request has been received (although i tracked the delivery & know it has been received) & nothing to say it is being dealt with! Is this normal for A & L, & if i put a claim in, can i claim for ALL charges resulting from going overdrawn & under what circumstances can i apply interest? I'm very new to this procedure & would appreciate some guidance!!! Lol

Guest Battleaxe

They draw it out to the last minute, just send them a letter reminding them that the clock is ticking and if you don't receive your documentation by 15 december that you will be filing your N1, for Non Compliance of the Data Protection Act SAR at 9am 18th December. you can't do this on line, you have to go into the local County Court, it costs £150.00, I did this with MBNA and I added in the recorded delivery of each letter I sent, as well £400.00 for four days research and £6.95 for each of the five letters I typed. I got my info after the deadline.

Also if you don't get the paperwork from A & L report it to the Info Commissioner, I did this and A & L certainly got the paperwork to me then.

Nothing like adding insult to injury. just let them keep racking the charges up, you will get it back with interest. I hope you have opened yu parachute account, because A & L will close your account, they are spiteful little beggars.

Good luck

It costs £35 to file a claim for non-compliance with the Data Protection Act

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

I have had to sue Capital One, Nat West, Halifax and RBS for Data Protection Act non-compliance. In each case I paid £35. You must ensure that the Court is made aware that it is not a Pre Action Disclosure or a claim under CPR Part 8.

Check here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Guest Battleaxe

I made it perfecty clear that is was a Pre-action disclosure or claim under CPR 8.

Looks like I might be having a talk to the local court about this

mbnacc.jpg

Hi there it i have just received my statements through, it took A&L 40 working days almost to the minute to send them, I sent them a reminder letter after 40 days giving them a further 7 days to comply and the statements appeared couple of days after that,

stick with it its only natural that you feel apprehensive when starting out on this process because its new to you, keep reading everything available to you on this site and ask any question you feel is necessary no matter how trivial you may think it is everyone is very good here and have been through exactly the same feelings of uncertainty as you are feeling. My only advice to you is not to back down keep going all the way and reclaim every bank charge back Alliance and Leicester will continually reply to your letters with the stanard answer that they have done nothing wrong and the charges are legitamate in line with the agreement on your account. Don't listen to them keep going their only stalling but will back down eventually only when they receive the court order from moneyclaim because they know they can't defend it. This is exactly what happened to me and everyone else here, i've just received a cheque for £933.00 as settlement in full well before any court date has been set. Stick with it don't give up and reclaim what is rightfully yours all the best hope to hear you've won in the future.