• Tweets

• The Metropolitan police have still failed to interview the cake which so maliciously ambushed the PM as he went about his 'lawful' business of sleaze, corruption and partying. (PM = Partying Minister)   Cressida Dick excused this in a statement claiming that the cake had been eaten, and as the complainant spreads such a vast, constant stream of s**t so far and wide, it was proving extremely difficult to locate the specific piece of evidence. She further stated that without that crucial specific evidence there could not be a case to answer.   update Dec 2079 Investigations are ongoing, and the cake is still top of the freeport state of Loondons most wanted list. In other business, The freeport states accounts committee questioned the 46 trillion loonbucks cost of the investigation to date,
    • The pdf named Document 8 tfl 
    • Ahh, more unsupported piffle regarding stats ....... so, I shall again ask you to "put your money where your mouth is" (not that I expect you to be able to show that you actually understand the real world detail for that which you pontificate about!)   James Tucker appears to understand the process, but doesn't give the details, so, with your expertise, you can illuminate us.   So, for  death within 28 days of a diagnosis of Covid: Which section of the certificate would diabetes be in then, if you are saying it would be on the death certificate ? Which section do the ONS actually use when deciding what to classify as the cause of death (for creating the statistics) (So, if diabetes is on there does it actually influence the ONS stats??)   While we are on a roll: If those people are wrong to say diabetes should be on the certificate: Do you think diabetes should be on the certificate or not? If you do think it should be on there, which section do you think should diabetes be in, and why?   How about if they had Covid within the last 28 days, but had recovered, were out shopping and had a heart attack (and then a fatal cardiac arrest) in a store: same questions but for both a) Covid, and b) diabetes.   How about if they had had Covid within the last 28 days. but had recovered, were going out shopping but got hit by a bus while crossing the road, suffering fatal injuries. Same questions (again, both for Covid and diabetes) which section and why.   If you are saying people misrepresent the data : for those examples, can you correctly / accurately classify that data (all the sections of the Medical Certificate of Cause of Death [MCCD}), so that ONS can collate it and report on it correctly  ....... (as its easy to spot off about certification, but even those who actually do it sometimes get these issues wrong!)   ..... I suspect you won't be able to answer the above, and will ignore the questions or skate over them with a trite reply , but bonus questions if you can : a) which are 'unnatural deaths' (and why)? b) Which should be reported to Her Majesty's Coroner?   Don't forget, if you get it wrong on any of the MCCD's issued the way you would have it, a GRO Registrar might HAVE to refuse the MCCD (causing the Registrant distress because they can't register the death after all.......and it goes to the coroner when the family aren't expecting it.)   So, these aren't solely academic concepts A) Accurate aggregated ONS data is important for health care planning, and B) each MCCD that a Registrar has to refuse adds misery to an already grieving family.
    • Very few things are working days in relation to requests to joe public.  
    • Lawyers challenge water firm’s immunity over sewage discharge | Water | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Exclusive: Campaigners fight decision that United Utilities cannot face private legal action for outflows of sewage into canal  
  • Our picks

I Won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have started my claim against Barclays with the standard DPA letter , and have received the following reply from Barclays Data Protection:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COPY STATEMENTS

I refer to your letter of 15 March, which was passed to me for comment in regard to the above legislation.

Please be aware that Barclays is not under an obligation to present the information according to any particular format. Therefore your request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside. You may of course obtain this data from copy statements and I can confirm that these have been ordered on your behalf and will be supplied without charge.

In the circumstances, your cheque for £10.00 is returned herewith. However, I am aware of your mention of information arising from "Manual intervention" and would endeavour to obtain records in this respect if you were to explain what you mean by this term. In the event that further information is indeed required, the above fee will become payable and must be returned with your response.

Yours sincerely,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help me with what to do next?

If the statments do turn up, I will continue with the claim but am concerened that they are trying to avoid providing data regarding Manual intervention. It seems they are trying to be difficult by claiming not to understand what this means!

Any help with how I should word a reply to them, that they cant mis-understand whould be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sheila

Yes carry on when you get the statements. They are being difficult about manual intervention aren't they. Probably a stall ing device. I suggest that you write back saying you wish to see what intervention was made on the imposition of each charge. Send them the chque again.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

The response which you have received concerning is quite adequate. It indicates very clearly that they don't understand what you mean by "manual intervention". This can only be taken to mean that there is none.

You have achieved your objective.

If they later on happen to raise manual intevention in a defence, you can produce this letter to refute it and to demand evidence from them that it is routinely carried out.

Can we have a scan of the letter please

[email protected]

Ok, thanks Bankfodder, have sent a copy as requested.

Is there any chance they may raise the issue in court, but simply call it something else? Such as "human involvement" or something?

Should I try to clarify this, or would the court see that Barclays are simply playing with words here and could not possibly have genuinely misunderstood my original request?

Thanks

I'd say it's just another delaying tactic, send them back your cheque, and request the information stating that they are obliged under the DPA to provide ALL information regarding your account in whatever format they hold it, remind them your letter stated Manual intervention IF there was any, their inability to understand this simply points to the fact that there was NO manual intervention, since they seem not to understand it's meaning, therefore it cannot have taken place in any form.

Remind them they now have x number of days to respond.

I edited my DPA letter to cover these delays, it's in my thread.

Rebel

vs Barclays Bank plc - £1670+interest @ 8% + Costs Concluded 24th June 06 - 5% donation sent

vs Bank of Scotland - £2226.42+interest @ 8% + Costs SETTLED IN FULL 6th Aug INCLUDING 8% pre court.

I have received a similar response from Tesco Personal Finance - " Please explain your interpretation of the term "manual intervention" and advise your exact requirements in this respect"

Thanks for advice in thread - I will write back accordingly

Royal Bank of Scotland - Settled - Full Amount

GE Money - Settled - Full Amount

Tesco Personal Finance - Settled - Full Amount + Interest + Court Costs

Clydesdale Bank - Settled - Full Amount + Interest + Court Costs

Clydesdale Bank - Pre June 2005 Charges - Settled - Full Amount

Cant you just ask for any notes that are held on your file? I used to work for an insurance company and obviously when we made decisions about renewals etc we use to write notes on the clients policy explaining our decisions

This is puzzling.

Is "manual intervention" a generic term used in banking, or not?

I listened to the interview with Stephen Hone and the guy from the Bankers Association used the term "manual intervention".

I think it is a stalling tactic.

"Poison Clan Rocks The World"

• 1 month later...

Threads Merged

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Accept their offer as an interim payment only, and say that you are continuing with your claim for the full amount.

Alan, Derby, UK.

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Like it!!

Alan, Derby, UK.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I have at last been given a court date for my claim against Barclays 15 December. The court has instructed that "each party must deliver to every other party and the court office copies of all documents on which that party intends to rely at the hearing".

My question is what do I need to send?

TIA.

Hi Cheeky Chimp.

Have a look at the Guidance notes on this site by Bankfodder and the team,at the top of the page.All you will need is there.Read all of the FAQ'S as well.Read this site over and over for hours.The knowledge you will pick up is enormous.

There is also a recording of Lloydstsb bank executive which is quite interesting you can download.You probably won't need to go to court as the banks normally settle.Disclosure by them on true costs may open the floodgates if they lose.

Good luck

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 months later...

Just a quick note to say thanks to the guys on the site for their help. I have donated to the cause with the money, Barclays have kindly returned to me.

To everyone I would say keep going.

Dont give up, I was within a week of my court date, and Barclays called and offered me my money, dont accept anything less than what you are entitled to.

THEY DO NOT WANT TO GO TO COURT!

Well done.. Enjoy your refund.

Uk. .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Well done cheeky

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks