New member - horrific problems with insurance claim

Posted (edited)

Hi I have just joined.

I really need help with a home insurance claim.

We had an escape of water due to burst pipe under concrete slab on ground floor.  I won’t bore with details, but Lloyds Bank General Insurance are using Davies Group Loss adjuster and claims handler and we are having a terrible time.

They keep minimising the value of the claim and damage the water ingress has caused.

Anyone else out there suffered at Davies Group Hands with their valid insurance claim. I am sitting here crying as I am at a total loss.

Any advice greatly appreciated.  

We appointed a loss assessor in May but they won’t even deal with him properly. This has been ongoing for 3 years - yes I know 3 years.

Did anyone manage to get Davis off their claim?

Edited by dx100uk
Solid block of text spaced out

Thank you. I read these posts earlier. It seems there are still many of us who are having to deal with this organisation. How do they still continue to get away with it?

Next step is to threaten to issue a Court claim against the Insurance company that underwrite the Insurance policy and follow through by issuing the Court claim.

This has been ongoing for 3 years now, so going to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) will just add further delays.

Once you issue the Court claim, the claim will be back with the Insurance company, with Davies group on the side lines.

For the Court claim, your loss assessor should be able to guide you on the value of the claim and provide full information on the extent of the damage/loss that resulted from the escape of water.

Lloyds Bank General Insurance are likely to be the agent/broker and not the Insurance Underwriter.  In your policy documents valid at the time of the claim, it should state the name and contact details of the Insurance Underwriter.  It is the Insurance Underwriter you need to threaten to take to Court and you should send a copy of the letter to Head of Claims at Lloyds Bank General Insurance. 

The letter to send is a letter before action stating the reasons you will be issuing a Court claim, the value of the claim and what the company you are looking to take to Courts needs to do before a specified date, to avoid the claim being issued.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread